Release date: March 7th, 2016
Purchase link: Rambo
Price: £12.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

11241313-7654361733676230.jpg

11241313-4994361733814632.jpg

11241313-8074361733743070.jpg

Last edited:
The extended version is the cut version that might sound strange I know but it has
Violence removed and replaced with some extended secens
So it's a cut version even though it's called the extended version

The original Blu-ray version with violence not removed is the uncut version which is what the UK steel book will be
The only difference between UK and USA Blu-ray is better Audio on the USA Blu-ray

I have the original USA Blu-ray
It was one of my earlier Blu-Ray's in my collection

I'm looking forward to getting this to add to my collection
I have the Zavvi steel books for First Blood/Rambo 2 and Rambo 3
I also have the mondo x first blood

The best release I have is the German ultimate digipack Rambo collection with the films re mastered and better extras

Rambo 5 is next if they still do it might not be Stallone though be interesting to see how good or bad that will be

Reactions: virkia
I've not seen the UK version but the audio on the U.S. one really does give your equipment a workout!

Especially when Rambo's on that 50.cal at the end!!
Well I have got the US bluray, the Dutch Metalpak, Japanese Metalpak, Germany steelbook and the UK bluray and the version I prefer is the US disc because of the vastly superior audio.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Talking of Sleepy Hollow, I lost out on that one as well. My only consolation is that I have something even rarer. The laserdisc. I don't know of anyone else who got a copy of that rare pressing..........

Talking of Sleepy Hollow, I lost out on that one as well. My only consolation is that I have something even rarer. The laserdisc. I don't know of anyone else who got a copy of that rare pressing..........

Me! I've many extremely limited laserdiscs from around the world. :thumbs:

As you guys say, LOL to this being "Sold out"
. . . and LOL to this being a Grail steelbook.
As I say, LOL to ye all of little faith.

As to this being the first U.K. Grail steelbook all I can say is if that is its destiny then it's about bloody time!
Don't follow Grail steels from other territories apart from the German Amazon Exclusive but imagine that all territories have their own Grail steels so why not here in the U.K.?
I personally feel that this one is a potential worthy contender for the title because:-
- Ultra-limited print run of 2,000 pieces (although that's no guarantee of future Grail status as can be seen in other limited examples (such as "Jack Reacher") and tons of others with similar / lower print runs which can be picked up for under a tenner many months after release).
- Cool artwork and reported 'bossing.
- Worthy and popular film with mass market appeal.
- Popular star of long-standing mass market appeal.
- Unique artwork (at the time of writing) and arguably a better steel than the Amazon German which is recognised universally as a Grail steel.
- Apparently "Sold out" soon after becoming available to pre-order so a very much in demand steelbook (if you believe it really is) in spite of the film itself being available in a basic Amaray and in other packaging including an oversized grenade.
Etc., etc.

Last edited: