Release date: March 7th, 2016
Purchase link: Rambo
Price: £12.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

11241313-7654361733676230.jpg

11241313-4994361733814632.jpg

11241313-8074361733743070.jpg

Last edited:
can't remember any zavvi steelbook that was sold out in preorder and didn't come back in stock
Only one I can think of is sleepy hollow but that was due to half the stock (or more) being damaged
Still to this day pi$$ed that my Sleepy Hollow order was never fulfilled... :mad: (Sorry to be off topic Ninja's :whistle:) But like you say @Flloydo, one of the rare Steels that actually sells out at Zavvi and didn't come back in-stock (EVER!) :LOL: I've tried looking to pick it up on the secondary market since but prices just sky rocketed on that one too... :arghh: Sad times :(

Back on topic :angel: I held off ordering Rambo but may choose to IF it comes back in-stock... :naughty:

Reactions: Flloydo
Still to this day pi$$ed that my Sleepy Hollow order was never fulfilled... :mad: (Sorry to be off topic Ninja's :whistle:) But like you say @Flloydo, one of the rare Steels that actually sells out at Zavvi and didn't come back in-stock (EVER!) :LOL: I've tried looking to pick it up on the secondary market since but prices just sky rocketed on that one too... :arghh: Sad times :(

Back on topic :angel: I held off ordering Rambo but may choose to IF it comes back in-stock... :naughty:

Yeah mate I'm the same, my order was never fulfilled too and I was pretty p*ssed about it.
Really wanted that plus it's the last great burton & depp film they did together (some of their other films after are good but not to the level of sleepy hollow or Edward scissorhands)

I do think this will look good in hand (or at least I hope) has it been confirmed gloss?

I think it would look nice if they did the white on the right a really thick "white" matte and the rest glossed or spot glossed

Regarding the other steels listed as U.K. Grails my opinions of each are as follows (agree or disagree makes no matter):-

1) DRIVE - powerful film but very ordinary steelbook.

2) RR - lovely steel but no better than the later edition (or worse, IMO).

3) SLEEPY HOLLOW - very smart steel but nothing special and only rarer than most because of the well-publicised damage issues (500 out of 2,000 as reported).

4) I M 1 & 2 - I M (one of my all-time favourites) is the closest to Grail status - I personally prefer the new lenti IM 2 to the old Play one - but U.K. I M steels in general are pretty common apart from these two and if I remember correctly the print run of these was not "ultra limited" and was 4,000 each.

5) EX_MACHINA - beautiful and elegant steel and one of the very best from last year but not a Grail contender due to the number of same releases in other territories.

My opinion remains that this Rambo is/will be the first and maybe the last true Grail U.K. steelbook :)

Last edited:
Why is everyone panicking. On released date it will be in stock. Look at the recent release like antman and agent Carter. Zavvi is playing with one. My be checking how many times people view the page.

Reactions: Flloydo
Why is everyone panicking. On released date it will be in stock. Look at the recent release like antman and agent Carter. Zavvi is playing with one. My be checking how many times people view the page.

I don't get the panic either.
It will 100% be back lol

Reactions: Ashish

Nobody appears to be panicking as hardly anybody believes that this is REALLY sold out as opposed to "Zavvi Sold Out" (or ZSO for short).
It has been pointed out many times in the past that 99.9% of steelbooks that show "Sold out" at the pre-order stage do historically come back at or near release date (or could even return up to a year later).

None of us has a crystal ball and none of us works for Zavvi so people are giving their considered opinions based on their past experiences with the retailer.

I'm going against the grain with this one and against my previous experiences with Zavvi steelbooks.
My personal opinion - that it IS sold out for true - is based on my gut feeling combined with its similarity to the Amazon German Grail "Rambo" steelbook and possibly an interesting 'bossing situation going on with it - if I could make head or tail of the "creative" at the top of the page.
Of course, only time will tell .. . not that it matters much one way or t'other.

Reactions: Ashish
Nobody appears to be panicking as hardly anybody believes that this is REALLY sold out as opposed to "Zavvi Sold Out" (or ZSO for short).
It has been pointed out many times in the past that 99.9% of steelbooks that show "Sold out" at the pre-order stage do historically come back at or near release date (or could even return up to a year later).

None of us has a crystal ball and none of us works for Zavvi so people are giving their considered opinions based on their past experiences with the retailer.

I'm going against the grain with this one and against my previous experiences with Zavvi steelbooks.
My personal opinion - that it IS sold out for true - is based on my gut feeling combined with its similarity to the Amazon German Grail "Rambo" steelbook and possibly an interesting 'bossing situation going on with it - if I could make head or tail of the "creative" at the top of the page.
Of course, only time will tell .. . not that it matters much one way or t'other.

Oh some people here do work for Zavvi (or did work for Zavvi) plus we know the curator is a member here (possibly before he/ she was the curator)
And no matter what happens there will be the odd cancellation and payment problem so even if 2 go back on sale after release then that's back in stock in my book

Regarding the other steels listed as U.K. Grails my opinions of each are as follows (agree or disagree makes no matter):-

1) DRIVE - powerful film but very ordinary steelbook.

2) RR - lovely steel but no better than the later edition (or worse, IMO).

3) SLEEPY HOLLOW - very smart steel but nothing special and only rarer than most because of the well-publicised damage issues (500 out of 2,000 as reported).

4) I M 1 & 2 - I M (one of my all-time favourites) is the closest to Grail status - I personally prefer the new lenti IM 2 to the old Play one - but U.K. I M steels in general are pretty common apart from these two and if I remember correctly the print run of these was not "ultra limited" and was 4,000 each.

5) EX_MACHINA - beautiful and elegant steel and one of the very best from last year but not a Grail contender due to the number of same releases in other territories.

My opinion remains that this Rambo is/will be the first and maybe the last true Grail U.K. steelbook :)

You don't seem to understand what a Grail is. Art is irrelevant on Grail titles. Real Grails are those older titles now long sold out that sell for silly money due to being exceptionally rare. None of the titles you mention above are grails just sought after steels. Look in the depths of the steelbook feeback and chat section and you will find a list of those titles that are the undisputable real grail titles. Apart from Phase 1 Marvels and mainly only Thor, there are no UK grail titles and never will be.

i was selling stuff at a movie fair in vienna last wekend, and three different people mentioned this steelbook and the live-time later that day. i think there is definitely more interest in this film than in other catalogue titles from zavvi, and stallone is very popular everywhere, and... all other reasons for this one selling out in my last post in this thread.
it will be back, but i guess not for long.

• Informative
Reactions: BluSteel2012