Release date: March 7th, 2016
Purchase link: Rambo
Price: £12.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

11241313-7654361733676230.jpg

11241313-4994361733814632.jpg

11241313-8074361733743070.jpg

Last edited:
You don't seem to understand what a Grail is. Art is irrelevant on Grail titles. Real Grails are those older titles now long sold out that sell for silly money due to being exceptionally rare. None of the titles you mention above are grails just sought after steels. Look in the depths of the steelbook feeback and chat section and you will find a list of those titles that are the undisputable real grail titles. Apart from Phase 1 Marvels and mainly only Thor, there are no UK grail titles and never will be.

I totally agree...except, Drive HMV should definately be considered a grail.

You don't seem to understand what a Grail is. Art is irrelevant on Grail titles. Real Grails are those older titles now long sold out that sell for silly money due to being exceptionally rare. None of the titles you mention above are grails just sought after steels. Look in the depths of the steelbook feeback and chat section and you will find a list of those titles that are the undisputable real grail titles. Apart from Phase 1 Marvels and mainly only Thor, there are no UK grail titles and never will be.

You're welcome to your opinion as I am to mine . . .

I'm sure you realise that those titles I mentioned in my post are only titles brought up by other members as "Grails" so no need to be condescending about it.

All I said originally, if you go back a page or two, is that THIS "Rambo" steelbook is potentially the ONLY U.K. Grail steelbook - other members suggested "Drive" etc.

By your logic we need to wait until this is an older title that fetches silly money, and which hardly anybody can afford, for it to be considered a Grail steelbook - better surely to buy it a couple of days ago for just under 12 quid or IF it comes back around release date than to wait for it to maybe attain Grail status.

Anyway, what is silly money anyway for a U.K. steelbook ?
There are probably fewer of these high value steels than there are fingers on one hand - high worth steels that have changed hands for over, say, 100 quid during the past few years - and I can remember only TWO that regularly changed hands "New & sealed" at this level and that was Play.com's 3 disc "Star Trek XI" and HMV's "Thor" - now of course devalued like most that have had mostly inferior steelbook releases subsequently.
Who can say which of the other approx. 800 U.K. steels produced up till now will be worth a similar figure of 100 quid, say ? (although it can be safely said without fear of contradiction that most will NEVER be worth that or anywhere near that).

Personally, I'll wager this "Rambo" will be the only one :)
As for the Amazon Exclusive German "Rambo" that was released something like eight years ago and which as you would say has had the time to attain Grail status all I can say is "Give me the U.K. edition any day of the week before that one !".

Last edited:
Guys, please stop with this grail nonsense.

A grail, by my definition of the word, is a Ferrari 250 GTO or 275 GTS or even F40 & F50, but a worthless piece of 100 gram metal - GRAIL?!? I don't think so. It's a friggin' piece of worthless metal, for crying out loud! :)

Good night, y'all! :rofl:

BTW, I've ordered this Rambo steelbook. I hope it becomes the first true UK piece of s**t grail :hilarious:

You're welcome to your opinion as I am to mine . . .

I'm sure you realise that those titles I mentioned in my post are only titles brought up by other members as "Grails" so no need to be condescending about it.

All I said originally, if you go back a page or two, is that THIS "Rambo" steelbook is potentially the ONLY U.K. Grail steelbook - other members suggested "Drive" etc.

By your logic we need to wait until this is an older title that fetches silly money, and which hardly anybody can afford, for it to be considered a Grail steelbook - better surely to buy it a couple of days ago for just under 12 quid or IF it comes back around release date than to wait for it to maybe attain Grail status.

Anyway, what is silly money anyway for a U.K. steelbook ?
There are probably fewer of these high value steels than there are fingers on one hand - high worth steels that have changed hands for over, say, 100 quid during the past few years - and I can remember only TWO that regularly changed hands "New & sealed" at this level and that was Play.com's 3 disc "Star Trek XI" and HMV's "Thor" - now of course devalued like most that have had mostly inferior steelbook releases subsequently.
Who can say which of the other approx. 800 U.K. steels produced up till now will be worth a similar figure of 100 quid, say ? (although it can be safely said without fear of contradiction that most will NEVER be worth that or anywhere near that).

Personally, I'll wager this "Rambo" will be the only one :)
As for the Amazon Exclusive German "Rambo" that was released something like eight years ago and which as you would say has had the time to attain Grail status all I can say is "Give me the U.K. edition any day of the week before that one !".

Not an opinion, it's simple facts accepted by steelbook collector's who have been there from the start and accept it and understand this is an international hobby. If you want to stick to UK releases that's great but that's not a proper high end steelbook collection that doesn't and never will include grails except those that own Drive and Marvel Phase 1 original releases

Not an opinion, it's simple facts accepted by steelbook collector's who have been there from the start and accept it and understand this is an international hobby. If you want to stick to UK releases that's great but that's not a proper high end steelbook collection that doesn't and never will include grails except those that own Drive and Marvel Phase 1 original releases

Facts are backed up with credible sources. Your post is an opinion shared by some and disagreed with by others. Whether you collected the first ever steelbook or started 6 months ago a steelbook collector is a steelbook collector.

The whole notion of grails is ridiculous imo but they exist for either low print copies or those in demand where supply is scarce. Collect what you want and respect other members collections too however big or small.

Reactions: Flloydo

Although I agree with you in parts I do have a few that I consider a personal Grail regardless of other releases in other countries like ex MACHINA for example (might not be to anyone else but it is to me) Also the original Roger rabbit is a Grail to me (especially if you got one without a spine slash) which Is why I mentioned those on the other page but might of been taken the wrong way.
This could be a Grail. Who knows but that will take a few years after release like you say. The original retail prices of current grails isn't a factor such as play iron mans and HMV drive as they were all £10.99-£12.99 on release like this.

I don't consider it a Grail although it's beautiful and rare but what about uk rush? I remember that being a panic when it was released and sold out quickly and thought that went my for silly money but then again I haven't checked eBay and it just popped in my head

Facts are backed up with credible sources. Your post is an opinion shared by some and disagreed with by others

Disagreed with by either UK only collectors, newbies, or those that are just straight up wrong, none of whom I have any time for, because they are incorrect. My points are 100% fact if people disagree they are wrong and their opinions worthless to me. Real collections of anything be it vinyl, digipack cd's or steelbooks are international and all have grails none usually of which are UK based and I've been collecting for 30+ years

This thread is for the Zavvi "Rambo" steelbook release and no need to continue to muddy the waters with other non-related steelbooks. I only mentioned the Amazon German "Rambo" because it is a "Rambo steelbook", has similar artwork and is consider by many to be a prime example of a Grail steelbook.
- Does it change hands for silly money? - YES
- Is it rare and hard to find "New & sealed" now 8 years after release (despite its reported 2,000 or up to 8,000 print run)? - YES
- Is it in any way better than the Zavvi?- NO

I wouldn't claim to be a "proper high-end steelbook collector" - quite the contrary as I've posted previously in other threads - I just prefer metal cases (any metal cases) for my films over blue plastic though of course metal packaging only forms about one fifth of my film library as most of the films I watch have never been and never will be released in metal packaging.

Yes, I've been there from the very first Play.com exclusive "Sweeney Todd" with booklet and I'm still there and yet I never developed an interest in high-end purchases from abroad and probably never will.

I accept of course that my opinions may be worthless to you and to your cronies and similarly your opinions are utterly worthless to me.

Disagreed with by either UK only collectors, newbies, or those that are just straight up wrong, none of whom I have any time for, because they are incorrect. My points are 100% fact if people disagree they are wrong and their opinions worthless to me. Real collections of anything be it vinyl, digipack cd's or steelbooks are international and all have grails none usually of which are UK based and I've been collecting for 30+ years

I completely disaagree, I used to collect vinyl and I have a lot of uk vinyls that's are incredibly rare
Noel fieldings loose taperstries springs to mind which is from the uk, a few radiohead too and also arctic monkeys purple R U Mine vinyl which is also incredibly rare
It only has two songs and the price is around £170 and is a Grail for uk vinyl

I got it on a extremely limited release for record store day that helps independent record stores

Also the original Beatles white album with a certain code is a complete Grail from the U.K. (Think it was the first pressing)

Sorry to take this off topic mods but I completely disagree with you on this topic psychscot

Last edited:

You seem confused by what is factual and in your case baseless opinions that others disagree with including myself.

To spice this thread up again, I've thought of another UK grail.........

The World's End.

If that doesn't qualify then I don't know what does? ;)

Anyway back on topic (how did it get on to photos of vinyls???) I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep my preorder of this Rambo as it doesn't fit in with any of tbe rest of the series' Blu Rays. But I'm intrigued to see how this plays out now. I'm a huge Rambo/Stallone fan........

Not that I'm going to open mine but anyone know if the disc is any different to the one inside the cheap-as-chips 2008 Amaray with the stubby slip and nice slightly embossed title?
20160204_132708.jpg20160204_133153.jpg
20160204_133024.jpg

UK disc is inferior in 2 ways
1. It is cut version
2. Audio is 5.1. US disc has truly awesome 7.1 audio.

The international directors cut actually removes some of the violence and has more talking. I've watched both versions and the UK cut is far superior to the so called directors cut. I want violence on an epic level from Rambo films not more talking most of which doesn't feature Rambo himself.

I've read into this and the extended/ directors cut seems a lot worse than the cut version. So I'm all for the uk disc but it is a shame the audio is not the same as the US

Reactions: psychoscot
I've read into this and the extended/ directors cut seems a lot worse than the cut version. So I'm all for the uk disc but it is a shame the audio is not the same as the US
I've not seen the UK version but the audio on the U.S. one really does give your equipment a workout!

Especially when Rambo's on that 50.cal at the end!!

• Informative