Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
Been busy viewing over the past month.

The Admirable Crichton 1st Janury 1957 blu-ray
Lucy 21st August 2014 4k ultra blu-ray
Visa to Canton 26th December 1960 blu-ray
The Pirates of Blood River 1st January 1962 blu-ray
The Scarlet Blade 1st January 1964 blu-ray
The Brigand of Kandahar 31st December 1965 blu-ray
The Revenge of Frankenstein 1st June 1958 blu-ray
The Two Faces of Dr Jekyll 24th October 1960 blu-ray
Taste of Fear 31st December 1960 blu-ray
The Damned 19th May 1963 blu-ray
Man on the Run 26th August 1951 blu-ray
The Haunted House of Horror 15th April 1970 blu-ray
Tarantula!. 23rd November 1955 blu-ray
Two Minute Warning 12th November 1976 blu-ray
Yellow Sky 24th December 1948 blu-ray
Sing’in in the Rain 19th September 1952 blu-ray
Firestarter 11th May 1984 blu-ray
Rollercoaster 7th June 1977 blu-ray
Dirty Harry 21st December 1971 bu-ray
Rio Conchos 28th October 1964 blu-ray (france)
The Whole Town’s Talking 22nd February 1935 blu-ray
The Long Grey Line 22nd January 1955 blu-ray
Gideon’s Day 25th March 1958 blu-ray
The Last Hurrah 8th February 1959 blu-ray
Rio Grande 2nd January 1951 blu-ray
Fargo 31st May 1996 laserdisc
Blind Fury 17th August 1989 laserdisc
Aliens directors cut 29th August 1986 CAV laserdisc
Terminator 2 directors cut 16th August 1991 CLV laserdisc
Star Wars original theatrical version 27th December 1977 CAV laserdisc
It Came from Outer Space 25th May 1953 blu-ray
The Old Dark House: Colour version 30th October 1963 blu-ray

Two-Minute Warning is my favorite movie from the list, but I didn't watch all of them. How was The Damned?

Now you've got to rate them all. :naughty:

Now you've got to rate them all. :naughty:

No chance. Seriously enjoyed them all. 4 star is the lowest rating I would give any. In all seriousness the biggest surprise for me was the CAV Star Wars laserdisc. This was the original theatrical version and I hadn't watched the pressing in over 20 years and boy is the original version superb. Technically even by today's standards amazing. Was not expecting that. Also superb playback on my Sony OLED. Helps I have an X9 player. Also The Terminator 2 laserdisc. Pains me to say this, better than both the 2015 blu-ray and the recent 4k. You can see how much they have been noise reduced to death.

Two-Minute Warning is my favorite movie from the list, but I didn't watch all of them. How was The Damned?

The Damned was a surprisingly excellent Hammer film. Astonishingly bleak like a lot of Hammer films and unusual in setting in a modern era. Hammer really don't believe it happy endings and the film does make you think.. Seriously brutal in places. One sequence really does make you go "Wow, how did they get away with that in 1960!" Also seriously recommend Taste of Fear. Pure hitchcock, in fact a contender for the best film Hitchcock never done. Two Minute Warning is superb and it was the UK blu-ray pressing which is superb and clearly remastered. A lot of these films I'm seeing for the 1st time even classics. So looking forward to my May viewing. There will be more 4k watches. Just a load of blu-rays and laserdiscs I want to catch up on. The other thing you notice is how much a regular Oliver Reed was in Hammer films. He did a lot of them and this is certainly one of his top tier hammers.

Reactions: komor
The Damned was a surprisingly excellent Hammer film. Astonishingly bleak like a lot of Hammer films and unusual in setting in a modern era. Hammer really don't believe it happy endings and the film does make you think.. Seriously brutal in places. One sequence really does make you go "Wow, how did they get away with that in 1960!" Also seriously recommend Taste of Fear. Pure hitchcock, in fact a contender for the best film Hitchcock never done. Two Minute Warning is superb and it was the UK blu-ray pressing which is superb and clearly remastered. A lot of these films I'm seeing for the 1st time even classics. So looking forward to my May viewing. There will be more 4k watches. Just a load of blu-rays and laserdiscs I want to catch up on. The other thing you notice is how much a regular Oliver Reed was in Hammer films. He did a lot of them and this is certainly one of his top tier hammers.
Excellent list! Hopefully you also have the Laserdisc of The Abyss: Special Edition!
Speaking of Oliver Reed - check out the woefully underrated classics The Three Musketeers & The Four Musketeers that were shot back to back in 1973 by Richard Lester. (Also produced by Alexander Salkind. The success of these films is why Salkind would choose Lester for Superman II years later). I swear that Steven Spielberg must have watched these before he shot Raiders of the Lost Ark.
(same spirit of high adventure and fun).
1F25BDF0-452D-4868-95CF-A39AF84333A4.jpeg

Excellent list! Hopefully you also have the Laserdisc of The Abyss: Special Edition!
Speaking of Oliver Reed - check out the woefully underrated classics The Three Musketeers & The Four Musketeers that were shot back to back in 1973 by Richard Lester. (Also produced by Alexander Salkind. The success of these films is why Salkind would choose Lester for Superman II years later). I swear that Steven Spielberg must have watched these before he shot Raiders of the Lost Ark.
(same spirit of high adventure and fun).

Sadly neither film I have in any format. I didn't think i've seen them...... But i've heard good things about them I think you'll find Raiders of the Lost Ark was inspired by a 1959 Donald Duck cartoon which is the basis of the opening sequence. Can't remember the name fo the cartoon but it's clearly the inspiration for the film. Has all the same elements right down to the rolling rock.

Both MUSKETEER films were available cheap as chips a while back (2011) ...
Capture.JPG

... and today still only £13 from AmazonUK (best price anywhere currently):-

Capture.JPG

Sadly neither film I have in any format. I didn't think i've seen them...... But i've heard good things about them I think you'll find Raiders of the Lost Ark was inspired by a 1959 Donald Duck cartoon which is the basis of the opening sequence. Can't remember the name fo the cartoon but it's clearly the inspiration for the film. Has all the same elements right down to the rolling rock.
Definitely check them out. It’s top level entertainment.
(interesting also- the Films led to a famous lawsuit. They shot all footage at once, but split into two movies. The lawsuit was about actors being paid for one movie when TWO were released.) Now, all SAG actor’s contracts have the “Salkind clause” which clearly stipulates how many films they are making.
and I think it’s obvious that Raiders was inspired by MANY different properties! Maybe someone has a list somewhere... :LOL:

Last edited:
A film i never tire off
I'd say the same, although watching it yesterday had me wondering if I've ever actually seen it in its entirety before, because there were some very familiar scenes, but then some I don't remember at all... so I'm thinking I maybe just kept catching bits on the TV over the years or something. Either that or my memory is worse than I thought lol. Did make me chuckle how daft/unbelievable some parts are though... the fact that one guy is going around the city recording their plans and discussing them out loud so the dozens of people out in public can overhear. And then that single coach can apparently carry 3 Mini Coopers, a crew of people and god knows how much weight in gold!? If the bad guys and cops weren't just as dumb, then the whole thing would've been over in minutes lol. Kinda reminded me of today's Fast & Furious franchise and how unrealistic those films are... but Italian Job can be forgiven due to when it was made IMO. Very entertaining nonetheless with tons of memorable moments! Love how they end it too... on a literal cliffhanger. :ohno: