Region Free Blu-ray Players (World Wide List)

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Post models/tips here for multi-region players.

Models for Purchase in the US

OPPO BDP-103-Link -requires kit to make region free.

SONY BDP-S1100 Link

Models for Purchase in the UK

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this thread everybody. I am a newbie to steelbook collecting and I only have 7 and I've been searching everywhere for region free players for them. I will buy that region free mod device for my player! Thanks again everybody!

I use Seiki (from WalMart) and it plays everything...

no mod necessary for this too...just some codes on the set-up

Is there any multi region payer available in the UK or Ireland? I'm expecting the walking dead in the post soon and I know it's going to be region locked, plus would love to get some criterion releases

I'm probably going to go for an Oppo 93. 3D capability, multi-region, 7.1 analog outputs, built in PAL/NTSC converter (my US Panasonic plasma won't accept PAL DVD signals), and it's wireless.

If anyone made a region free blu ray megachanger I'd be really happy but I don't expect we'll see one; the Sony Region A changers are going for quite a lot of money on ebay(.com) since they were discontinued.

It's probably been mentioned already, but the Philips BDP3000 is a great machine. It can be locked to Region A by a firmware hack. It can obviously still play Region Free discs, and can probably be changed back via firmware, although I've never done this.

The good thing is you can probably pick it up refurbished for around £50.

I like it's performance so much I use it for most viewings. Only when something's B locked do I use another player.

Is there any multi region payer available in the UK or Ireland? I'm expecting the walking dead in the post soon and I know it's going to be region locked, plus would love to get some criterion releases

This could be what you are looking for, a Panasonic BD60 for just £35 delivered! http://www.marksandspencer.com/Pana...2_1343685302_f474bbd2524cd202dca208fa3d8132c5

Simple trick to get region free is by pressing "stop" on the remote after loading the disc and when the message appears saying it only plays reion B and C, then press "1" and then "Enter". That trick often works.

Last edited:
Reactions: plainview
I can't recommend the Toshiba BDX1200 highly enough with the Australian firmware- £50 from here Richer Sounds- :scat:

I have the same machine for £49.99 a very simple hack makes it a region 1 dvd player and also a region free blu ray player i have this along side my lg 650 player although my lg is the main work horse the tosh is used for locked region a blu ray discs .

It's probably been mentioned already, but the Philips BDP3000 is a great machine. It can be locked to Region A by a firmware hack. It can obviously still play Region Free discs, and can probably be changed back via firmware, although I've never done this.

The good thing is you can probably pick it up refurbished for around £50.
I use the same player for region A stuff :scat: picked it up for around £40 a few months back.

I'm after the same. Seeing as I've just started collecting and I'm highly anticipating the Criterion sale but I don't have a region free player. Can anybody recommend a good value one?

I have received for my Bday this player (Region B) that with Modded firmware It's region free :drool::drool:

Toshiba BDX1100KE
bdx1100_left.jpg

Now that I am starting to get region "B" releases I now need a player. Would like a cheapo(under 50$ if possible), as it will not be used often at all. Recommendations? link?