Premium Supporter
Jan 4, 2012
Ireland
Release date: November 30, 2023
Purchase link: Turbine
Price: €32.95

Renfield-Steelbook-mit-Fullslip-3D-Ansicht_600x600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks great and has a massive amount of spot gloss covering both characters. But I still think the arts should of been reversed. Back looks so much better

Reactions: milky
Steel looks good, as does the slip artwork, just a shame it's another cheap flap design like their texas chainsaw edition.

Well, here be my pics:

The slip: flat finish.

VgIKL0j.jpg

The tech info is on a separate sheet:

NL2l9rD.jpg

The back of the slip with the tech sheet removed:

0nxkyP4.jpg

The front of the steelbook:

YVsTB7c.jpg

The back:

GF1MkGg.jpg

Both figures at the front and the back, as well as the bats, are with spot-gloss effect.

PLeNRmZ.jpg

lNWDSKc.jpg

The inside of the steelbook:

7ZEokJs.jpg

The disc labels:

c18rcbM.jpg

Got mine as well today, the slip is disappointing compared to recent universal releases (Hannibal comes to mind) but the steelbook is gorgeous!

Reactions: Daubt
One of those flimsy folded slipboxes? Meh. Disappointing. Love the steelbook, though. Mine's still en route.

At least the slip spine doesn't have the big gaudy "4K + Blu-Ray" llke on the Jaws editions.

Got mine. It's a great steelbook but as mentioned, the slip is very flimsy. Good extras too, especially deleted scenes. I can't believe they cut some of that out.

Got mine today, too. Haven't opened it yet, but looks to have survived the journey. Too bad it's not a rigid slipbox, but still a nice set.

As an aside, I purchased a steelbook on Mercari last week. I made sure to confirm with the seller that the steelbook would be protected and sent in a box. Well, I got it today protected with a ziplock bag and a plastic grocery bag, and shipped in a flimsy Triscuit box. Haven't opened it, but miraculously it doesn't look damaged. Never in a million years would I think to send a steelbook in a Triscuit box.

Got mine as well today, the slip is disappointing compared to recent universal releases (Hannibal comes to mind) but the steelbook is gorgeous!
agreed, after receiving it today. trying to think of the correct description for this full-slip that mirror the effect of O-slips, makes me think to call it a D-slip, anyway, can't be to flustered, as i loved the movie.