Horror-Theatrical Resident Evil: Retribution 3D - In theaters September 14, 2012

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Resident Evil: Retribution (2012)

Tagline: The Ultimate Battle Begins

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Paul W.S. Anderson[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Milla Jovovich[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sienna Guillory[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michelle Rodriguez[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Aryana Engineer[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Li Bingbing[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Boris Kodjoe[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Johann Urb[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Robin Kasyanov[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kevin Durand[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ofilio Portillo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Oded Fehr[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Colin Salmon[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Shawn Roberts[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Megan Charpentier[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Spencer Locke[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anna Bolt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Indra Ové[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Heike Makatsch[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sandrine Holt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Liz May Brice[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Thomas Kretschmann[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ali Larter[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Wentworth Miller[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2012-09-12[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]95[/RUNTIME]

Plot: The Umbrella Corporation’s deadly T-virus continues to ravage the Earth, transforming the global population into legions of the flesh eating Undead. The human race’s last and only hope, Alice, awakens in the heart of Umbrella’s most clandestine operations facility and unveils more of her mysterious past as she delves further into the complex. Without a safe haven, Alice continues to hunt those responsible for the outbreak; a chase that takes her from Tokyo to New York, Washington, D.C. and Moscow, culminating in a mind-blowing revelation that will force her to rethink everything that she once thought to be true. Aided by new found allies and familiar friends, Alice must fight to survive long enough to escape a hostile world on the brink of oblivion. The countdown has begun.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
qRhi9UDgfstP9aIJTCoO9u13Q7t.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Guess Milla can't quit Hollywood afterall, unless they choose another actress. But it sounds like she'll be involved?

Can someone more familiar with the franchise, help me by the way? I thought "Afterlife" was # 5? Or did the animated one not count?:)

Per Comingsoon:

"
With an opening of $73.2 million worldwide in just three days for Resident Evil: Afterlife, it's no surprise that Screen Gems would want to continue the franchise. Vulture caught up with star Milla Jovovich this weekend who said that's exactly the plan.

"This new 'Resident Evil' is the first one to ever open at No. 1 worldwide. It's the biggest movie in the franchise," she said. "So we're definitely going to make another one."

Jovovich added that director Paul W.S. Anderson, her husband, already has some ideas for the fifth installment and they are looking for ideas from the fans as well this time.

"We've been talking to a lot of fans on Twitter and stuff, so it's probably going to be one of the first movies where we really talk to fans to see what they want, and what characters they want to see. It's going to be a more interactive process."

Read more: Milla Jovovich Says Resident Evil 5 is Happening - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=69747#ixzz0zQ5gTGd4
"

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait for this one!
Though, part 4 felt a bit off from the first 3.
And I watched it in 2D, while a lot of effects were obviously made for 3D and looked quite lame.
But I won't skip this one in theaters!

I watched this this afternoon - not bad if you like the first two. Very much in the same vein. Great action!

It's was kind of a mash-up though - very video game like. The one downer was that most of the main actors, except for Milla, were horrible. Terrible acting and terrible dialogue. I'd have to say my least favorite along with the second.

Reactions: ocielz
Saw it in IMAX. There were some cool sequences, or at least one really cool sequence in suburbia, but the overall plot was really poorly written & executed. Also too much slow mo & too many music videos.

planning on watching this later on today in the room.Somehow they managed to let the dvd copy slip onto the net,i mean blu ray quality.Sucks for them could really hurt there sales.

I watched RE5 today and here are my thoughts in the spoiler below:

Ill start off by saying overall Im pretty disappointed. The action was AWESOME... I mean awesome. Milla was awesome and so was everyone else in the movie but boy the storyline (while sets up other things nicely) was mediocre but here's the worst part... the script was just AWFUL.

The script and character development were brutally awful. I enjoyed the first 4 movies equally but this one was definitely the weakest despite the very cool visuals and action. The best way to describe the script is lethargic. They barely talk in the movie and when they do its very much "cut and paste" in how it comes across and the new characters in the film have zero character development to them.

All in all while a worthy movie to keep the franchise going I suppose it was also the weakest movie of the 5. The way they set it up it looks like there will be one last movie to close up the franchise.... maybe even a two part finale by my guess.

Reactions: Gaveecho
I watched this earlier tonight and...

After the last one I thought it was heading into the right direction especially with the mid-credit scene with Jill, but I dont know about this one.

There were some great nods to the games and previous movies but Leon and Barry were just "meh" but I thought Ada was pretty good.

Going through the different levels was very "videogame-y" but not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing lol.

Also where are the Redfields?! Chris, Jill and Barry having scenes wouldve been like the original!

Anyway pretty much agree with most reviews I read that gave it 2 out of 5 but I just cant stay away from this franchise roll on the next one :hilarious: