Release Date: 8th August, 2014
Purchase link: amazon.jp

81EBO77JZRL._AA1500_.jpg

Attachments

• 81EBO77JZRL._AA1500_.jpg
    81EBO77JZRL._AA1500_.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 264
Last edited by a moderator:
apparently from translating it it has 3 director's cut version... hope it was translated right but I LOVED THIS MOVIE !!! LOVE RIDDICK all of them, best is the first one !

---------- Post added at 04:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 AM ----------

Ordered

Reactions: RickB84
apparently from translating it it has 3 director's cut version... hope it was translated right but I LOVED THIS MOVIE !!! LOVE RIDDICK all of them, best is the first one !

---------- Post added at 04:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 AM ----------

Ordered

It's really strange because it says it is a 2 disc steelbook, but then it claims there are 4 theatrical versions and 3 director's cuts included. That is in the "bonus" area though and it states it may change.
I feel like this is possibly still in flux because it's not clear at all. I even had my wife look at it since I thought I was reading it incorrectly, but it was just as confusing to her and she is a native Japanese speaker.

It's really strange because it says it is a 2 disc steelbook, but then it claims there are 4 theatrical versions and 3 director's cuts included. That is in the "bonus" area though and it states it may change.
I feel like this is possibly still in flux because it's not clear at all. I even had my wife look at it since I thought I was reading it incorrectly, but it was just as confusing to her and she is a native Japanese speaker.

The Shochiku listings are much clearer that this will be a two-disc set. I have no idea what is going on with the Amazon listing:

http://www.shochiku-home-enta.com/shop/item_detail?category_id=30739&item_id=1289533

http://www.riddick-movie.jp/dvd/index.html

The second link is not auto-translatable because it is a picture, but it also shows the inside artwork and the two Blu-ray Discs.

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

It looks like this is set to increase from ¥4,690 to ¥5,324 momentarily...

EDIT: Just did. I saw it reflected in the listing before it migrated to the actual product page.

Last edited:
The Shochiku listings are much clearer that this will be a two-disc set. I have no idea what is going on with the Amazon listing:

http://www.shochiku-home-enta.com/shop/item_detail?category_id=30739&item_id=1289533

http://www.riddick-movie.jp/dvd/index.html

The second link is not auto-translatable because it is a picture, but it also shows the inside artwork and the two Blu-ray Discs.

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

It looks like this is set to increase from ¥4,690 to ¥5,324 momentarily...

EDIT: Just did. I saw it reflected in the listing before it migrated to the actual product page.

EEK! I'm not 100% certain, but now seeing the two disc breakdown, I am fairly certain that Amazon is, for some reason, counting the subbed and dubbed as different "copies" of the movie. i.e. English audio theatrical, Japanese audio theatrical, Japanese subbed, etc.

So weird. Anyway, yeah, from what you posted, the two discs are confirmed.

EEK! I'm not 100% certain, but now seeing the two disc breakdown, I am fairly certain that Amazon is, for some reason, counting the subbed and dubbed as different "copies" of the movie. i.e. English audio theatrical, Japanese audio theatrical, Japanese subbed, etc.

So weird. Anyway, yeah, from what you posted, the two discs are confirmed.

I have used those links to send Amazon some correct technical specifications. Fingers crossed that they also revise the product description when they review the information on those web sites.

Very nice looking steelbook this is much better than the uk release any day. I love japan steelbooks and korean kimchi steels awesome...

Reactions: rodtp
Ordered :D love all Riddick movies... favourite one though is the first... but third one has some of the feel of the first, can't wait to see the many director's cut they claim it has

So i checked my preorder and saw that Amazon.jp isnt offering the preorder anymore!
Just third party sellers..
Yesasia says "This product is temporarily not for sale"

Anyone knows more about that??