Riddick (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Müller Exclusive) [Germany]

Apr 6, 2012
Dresden, Germany
Release date: February 14th, 2014
Link:
Group Buy: Masterblaster

As I found out Müller Germany will offer an exclusive steelbook of the new Riddick movie. More info soon with a thumbnail from the upcoming online Mbeat magazine.

EDIT: Müller Pic
attachment.php

It's supposed to be the blue artwork like below in German.
Riddick-steelbook-br-fr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Printed back??!!!!!. :wtf:!!!! Damn I nearly ordered this yesterday. Managed to dodge this bullet. Guess I will now be able to order french version without shame of triple dipping hanging over me.

Not surprised about the printed back, but frankly I think the front is amazing.

Glad I joined the GB on this one. :D

I agree. I couldn't care less about the back as long as a steel has nice cover art. ;)

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

The HMV version is a hundred times better than this.

I'll have to compare them side by side when I receive this one. As it stands, I like the HMV, but I don't think it's great by any stretch of the imagination.

:emb:mg: No, this does not look like an item for my collection. But I've pre-ordered two copies, they can be picked up today.

Think I will take them - it's the only Riddick (2013) SteelBook in Germany, it will probably be a good item for trading soon :naughty:

UPD: Got them for 15.99 EUR.

riddick.jpg
(sorry for LQ photo)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
DE - Riddick
This is not a gloss finish. This is too good for a matte finish. Its like a satin finish :) Its like the zavvi aliens glossed finish. Its not a super high gloss but there is definite shine which you can see on the close up photos.

There is metallic shine on the blue eyes.

All images can be clicked on for a closer view. They are all high res and can be viewed at full scale.

6Xmmvoz.jpg

wCtt8YU.jpg

ToiwPRn.jpg

gMJx1wh.jpg

IT0SHDd.jpg

QY8vgBz.jpg

Below are shots to help show the finishing on the steel.

HDN EXCLUSIVE SHOTS
---------------------------

gjbUI2g.jpg

vDddhOF.jpg

AVu5KSG.jpg

HDN EXCLUSIVE FINISHING SHOT
Extremely close up shot to help show you the paint job

MC1Dy8l.jpg

RuSegC7.jpg

Bybpvp5.jpg

NKUEUi9.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

earthscope
Yeah, you don't know what to call it. Its not streaky matte. Its not a proper matte and its not matte varnish. Its certainly not the paramount jack reacher super high gloss. So if its not matte, if its not gloss. Its a satin finish :D

Thats what I chose for my doors and skirting boards. gloss finish was too shiny. Wanted to tone it down a bit. Like a bit of shine, but not too much :)

The zavvi finish for Aliens was similar, with the sheen on it, but you could see the streaks. You certainly cant on this nice finish.

Insidious 2 got a similar finish. Nice use of the metallic shine on that too, but not as good as these eyes.

Those eyes are a nice touch...;)

And it's definitely not a streaky matte finish...I think Satin is a good description...:p

Reactions: ricster