91T5JujrAQL._AA1500_.jpg

91fbcwGw0fL._AA1500_.jpg

Actual pictures, thanks to gam

Disc specifications

Region B locked.

Audio: English DTS-HD MA 5.1, Castellano DTS 5.1, Italian DTS 5.1

Subtitles: English, Castellano, Danish, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish

Last edited by a moderator:
mine left zavvi too, so now I have 3 steels in transit to me from them. Hoping for a safe arrival in the states.

I haven't seen anything anywhere to say it isn't. Pity, it's not a particularly good transfer. At least the DVD will have extras on it.

I have to admit it's disappointing, it doesn't really make any sense releasing this as a steelbook now using a transfer that's over 5 years old. If any film needs an improved restoration it's this one!

I have to admit it's disappointing, it doesn't really make any sense releasing this as a steelbook now using a transfer that's over 5 years old. If any film needs an improved restoration it's this one!

It makes perfect sense if you want to shift a load of old discs, and spend no money on restoration. They don't seem to be having any trouble selling them.

It makes perfect sense if you want to shift a load of old discs, and spend no money on restoration. They don't seem to be having any trouble selling them.

I would imagine there are still a lot of people like me that do not own this on BD yet...that is why I am buying it. If they do a restore down the road I can just replace the disc if it is cheap enough.

One of my first 18 cert viewings and one of my top 10 favourite films. This will be my second purchase of Robocop on Blu, the 1st one being the UK trilogy set. Even though it's a weak transfer it bests the old MGM DVD in every way and it's the best it will look for now. I really wish for a transfer down the line similar to the recent overhaul that Total Recall got.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

If they do a complete restoration they should defo go with the old poster art for a new steelbook http://warnersretrocorner.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/robocop-ver-11.jpg

True, in money making terms it does make sense. I've actually pre-ordered it myself, though as the current blu ray transfer is so widely panned this would have been the perfect opportunity to release a brand new transfer. I just feel a classic film like this deserves the best possible treatment!