91T5JujrAQL._AA1500_.jpg

91fbcwGw0fL._AA1500_.jpg

Actual pictures, thanks to gam

Disc specifications

Region B locked.

Audio: English DTS-HD MA 5.1, Castellano DTS 5.1, Italian DTS 5.1

Subtitles: English, Castellano, Danish, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish

Last edited by a moderator:
The steels at Amazon.UK are selling way too fast lately. Not sure if they are ordering fewer than ever or if people started buying lots for resale on Ebay...

The steels at Amazon.UK are selling way too fast lately. Not sure if they are ordering fewer than ever or if people started buying lots for resale on Ebay...

Id say its because of the 3 retailers the recent steelbooks are available from Sainsburys/Zavvi/Amazon, Amazon have by far the better packaging (and usually better prices) so folks are making the choice to buy from the one most likely to offer the best price and packaging so their allocation sells out quicker, plus overseas customers are more likely to shop with Amazon than zavvi, and Sainsburys as far as I know only deliver within the UK.

Id say its because of the 3 retailers the recent steelbooks are available from Sainsburys/Zavvi/Amazon, Amazon have by far the better packaging (and usually better prices) so folks are making the choice to buy from the one most likely to offer the best price and packaging so their allocation sells out quicker, plus overseas customers are more likely to shop with Amazon than zavvi, and Sainsburys as far as I know only deliver within the UK.

Yeah I agree, i think it's the fact that more overseas people can order which is making Steelbooks sell out a lot quicker than they used to do.

But we've seen them reappearing after showing as having sold out previously as well. While amazon may or may not adopt these selling tactics, I know that some other online retailers have done that (in the not so recent past) to boost sales EEK!

But we've seen them reappearing after showing as having sold out previously as well. While amazon may or may not adopt these selling tactics, I know that some other online retailers have done that (in the not so recent past) to boost sales EEK!

If you're referring to 'Sky Fall' and 'Taken 2' they are Amazon exclusives (or they were until 'Taken 2' appeared at Zavvi), and they presumably receive their stock from the distributor in tranches, in the same way that Play do/did. When the system works properly they should receive a new batch before the previous one sells out, until they are all gone, but these things rarely work as they should!

Reactions: humperklonk

It could be people just catching on. Personally I never even knew about steelbooks until I picked up Batman Begins, TDK and TDKR from best Buy this past black Friday. I have been on a war path the last couple months and went from 0-60 in no time at all. EEK!

I currently have all of new catalog releases on pre-order from amazon uk.

i ordered quite a number of these steels ... all to be dispatched along with star wars round about the 10/04 but today i got a mail from Amazon saying that Robo will be dispatched a week earlier
Anyone know why?