Robocop (2014) - In theaters February 7, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
In RoboCop, the year is 2029 and multinational conglomerate OmniCorp is at the center of robot technology. Their drones are winning American wars around the globe and now they want to bring this technology to the home front. Alex Murphy is a loving husband, father and good cop doing his best to stem the tide of crime and corruption in Detroit. After he is critically injured in the line of duty, OmniCorp utilizes their remarkable science of robotics to save Alex’s life. He returns to the streets of his beloved city with amazing new abilities, but with issues a regular man has never had to face before.
With Joel Kinnaman, Samuel L. Jackson & Gary Oldman

Trailer 2:
[media=youtube]xPLSpmAtc1Q[/media]

Trailer 1:

Attachments

• 829328429.jpg
    829328429.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 253
  • robocopster-small.jpg
    robocopster-small.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 352
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 242
Last edited by a moderator:
From CBM:
Well, this is sure to come as disappointing news to fans who were looking forward to seeing Jose Padhila's take on RoboCop next summer. Neil Blomkamp's Elysium (which was originally set to be released on March 1st, 2013) is now taking its August 9th, 2013 release date, pushing back Jose Padilha's remake to February 7th, 2014. There's currently no word on WHY Sony Pictures made this decision, although one option is that they may convert it to 3D. Another is that those rumours about problems with the production were in fact correct!

EEK! :ohno: :(

This is gonna be another raping of a great Verhoeven movie, just like Total Recall was! Why oh why put Colin (can't act to save my life and I'm up my own arse) Farrell in it! Just to top it all off, I've heard that they are gonna remake the totally awesome Starship Troopers :0( :0( :0(

Last edited:
I was almost excited about this when I read Hugh laurie was starring. But now they've replaced him with Michael Keaton I'm all 'yeah whatever' about it.

this thread is a major downer. lol.

i'm with those who believe a remake to be non essential. the original is so legendary i think anyone would be better off just leaving it alone. felt that way about The Thing, and believe I was proven right, even tho it was passed off as a reimagined prequel.

Update

Word has hit the internet that Sony Pictures will be screening the first ever footage from the RoboCop remake during the biggest geek dance on the planet... the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con. Hopefully this won't end up in bloodshed like the 2010 pencil to the eye incident.

According to The Wrap, Sony Pictures is bringing The Amazing Spider-Man 2, RoboCop, and Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 to Comic-Con this year. All three panels will take place July 19 in Hall H.

The RoboCop panel offers director Jose Padilha and stars Joel Kinnaman, Abbie Cornish, and Samuel L. Jackson.

Jose Padilha's film stars Joel Kinnaman as the title hero plus Samuel L. Jackson, Gary Oldman, Jay Baruchel, Michael Keaton, Michael Kenneth Williams, Marianne Jean-Baptiste, Abbie Cornish, Aimee Garcia, and Jackie Earle Haley.

Related Story: RoboCop News Archive

Currently RoboCop has a release date of February 7, 2014.

Synopsis
In RoboCop the year is 2029, and multinational conglomerate OmniCorp is at the center of robot technology. Their drones are winning American wars around the globe, and now they want to bring this technology to the home front.

Alex Murphy is a loving husband, father, and good cop doing his best to stem the tide of crime and corruption in Detroit. After he is critically injured in the line of duty, OmniCorp utilizes its remarkable science of robotics to save Alex’s life.

He returns to the streets of his beloved city with amazing new abilities but with issues a regular man has never had to face before.

Reactions: ash1115
José Padilha?
There might be hope for this film after all.

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Of all the franchises why did Mortal Kombat not receive a reboot?
There are many storylines that can be done with MK. SMH

Last edited:
i have seen pics showing two differant suits, but really not feeling them, i love the new ed209 look as not loads differant to the original ed209, but the suits for robocop not feeling them at all

I'm extremely glad they changed the suit to look less like Batman's, but I'm still not feeling it. It's not as clean and simple as old one.

Well, I don't really care I will always watch the old one anyways if I wanna watch Robocop. This will not beat the original anyways.

I agree the first two were classics the third was however poop so lets hope this is a drastic improvement over that I just wanna see a trailer!!!