Robocop (2014) - In theaters February 7, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
In RoboCop, the year is 2029 and multinational conglomerate OmniCorp is at the center of robot technology. Their drones are winning American wars around the globe and now they want to bring this technology to the home front. Alex Murphy is a loving husband, father and good cop doing his best to stem the tide of crime and corruption in Detroit. After he is critically injured in the line of duty, OmniCorp utilizes their remarkable science of robotics to save Alex’s life. He returns to the streets of his beloved city with amazing new abilities, but with issues a regular man has never had to face before.
With Joel Kinnaman, Samuel L. Jackson & Gary Oldman

Trailer 2:
[media=youtube]xPLSpmAtc1Q[/media]

Trailer 1:

Attachments

• 829328429.jpg
    829328429.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 255
  • robocopster-small.jpg
    robocopster-small.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 357
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 244
Last edited by a moderator:
Good looking first trailer.The movie now has my attention.Him being in a black suite has surprisingly been a better look for him.But, now he seems like Dredd mixed with some Iron man.

Watched the trailer for this.looks like they are going to change a good part of the storyline (just like Total Recall remake).was not that impressed tbh.but its only a 2 min trailer,so will watch it before I slate it:thumbs:

Don't think you'll be eating your words at all mate ;)

That poster is terrible IMO! Would love to hear what Verhoeven thinks to the trailer

I am still not sold on this one. I personally thought the updated silver suit he is in trailer looked more like old one and not the horrib black one he ends up in. From trailer does not seem to have that same grittyness of original.

I know I might get beat with a flaming stick for this, lol, but I didn't care for the original. This looks a lot better to me and the lead actor is a very good actor. For those who don't know he plays in The Killing on AMC. He really is a great actor and I think this could be a great flick. He may surprise you. I do agree that the original silver suit looked pretty cool in the preview and I think that if they kept it longer in the film before changing it it may have trasitioned better in the film. Maybe that is what they did though. I actually enjoyed the Total Recall remake but more the extended version. They changed a few major things from the theatrical release which changed parts of the story dramatically to me which made it much better. No hating though. It's just my opinion. :D

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. The first two will always be on the top on my list of movies I like. Especially the second one as I was going to school in downtown Houston at the time of filming so it was cool seeing Houston landmarks.