Rush - September 20th, 2013

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
From IMDb:

A biography of Formula 1 champion driver Niki Lauda and the 1976 crash that almost claimed his life. Mere weeks after the accident, he got behind the wheel to challenge his rival, James Hunt.

Director: Ron Howard (Apollo 13, A Beautiful Mind)
Starring: Daniel Brühl, Chris Hemsworth, Olivia Wilde

Trailer:

Attachments

• rush.jpg
    rush.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 92
Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance this gets any love at the Oscars?
It seems to be getting overlooked by a lot of people... even my film buddies look at me blankly whenever I mention it. It'd be nice to see it at least get nominated though, and I say that before we even know whether the film's actually any good or not, because I know for a fact that I'll love it!

Well I can perhaps understand why it hasn't got much attention esp. in the USA. Given that F1 is more of a niche sport in the US. Sure I like F1 and some based on true-events films can be enterataining. But for me it might be a film to watch on BR, rather than the cinema.

I'm not a huge fan of Ron Howard, but this film looks like it is going to be solid! I also am shocked at the amount of people who have not heard of this. Not a huge F1 fan myself, but I figured the Ron Howard interview on Top Gear might have given this flick a little more exposure!

Saw it last night. The film has a heart and I thought it was gripping. Any movie with Olivia Wilde receives an extra star from me. Of course it doesn't have space aliens attacking New York or nuclear explodions, so it may be a little boring for some.

I'm not a racing fan in any way, shape, or form. But I loved this movie. Very well done all the way around. The cinematography really sets the scene. Daniel Bruhl and Chris Hemsworth are great. One of Ron Howard's best in a while.

Managed to catch this last night after it vanishing out of my local cinema after about a week!
Glad I did though as I thought it was excellent.