Sainsburys - SteelBook Retailer Thread [UK]

vilhelm42

Premium Supporter
Oct 16, 2012
UK
Hi Guys,

has anyone had any experience ordering from Sainsburys? Just wondering what their packaging is like and if it's better than Zavvi's?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HighDefSamurai
Cool, thanks for the info guys. I think I'll stick with Zavvi and hope they get their new packaging in place before the exclusives hit.

I've ordered three steelbooks separately from Sainsburys and all three arrived in perfect condition. Never had to deal with their customer service so far though, so can't tell you what that's like.

Any idea if they have a lowest pre-release price policy? Ordered and they've dropped the price by £2

what have you ordered (and is it still in stock) ?

if it's still in stock (and assuming it's a pre-order), i tend to re-order to ensure i get the lowest price and then cancel the original (higher priced) order

Reactions: bigfub
Any idea if they have a lowest pre-release price policy? Ordered and they've dropped the price by £2

Taken from their FAQ Section:

Price Promise
What is a price promise?

Sainsbury’s Entertainment operates a price promise.

If you pre-order a title and the price drops on the date of release, we will charge your payment card with the lower price or refund the difference on the release date – if payment has been taken.

Reactions: bigfub
Well my Jaws steelbook was in bad shape on arrival. Paint missing on corner and a really nice super sharp ding on the front. The packaging like everyone elses is crap. Lucky they had some more so I re ordered. Still waiting though and this was last week big LOL.....

The packaging must improve I got willow which was crushed on the steel and Edward scissor hands had a paint chip :(

Well priced and good customer service tho

Reactions: Parkman
Indeed, I moaned that they was slow and they gave me £5.00. I just ordered hot fuzz for £7.99 used my credit and got it for £2.99 Bargain !!!

I ordered a couple of cheap Trainspottings last week and both arrived seperatly, both covered in pin dents, ill let you know how I get on with customer services!

I've ordered plenty of items from Sainsburys Entertainment, only 1 steelbook (End OF Watch). It arrived with paint chips but the cardboard mailer was undamaged so I assumed this was before it was sent.

Contacted them that morning and a replacement was sent out before I'd sent the original one back.

I've found them to be quick for delivery too (for me in the UK), 2-3 days tops in most cases. If they can improve their steelbook packaging they'd be a top seller!