Sainsburys - SteelBook Retailer Thread [UK]

vilhelm42

Premium Supporter
Oct 16, 2012
UK
Hi Guys,

has anyone had any experience ordering from Sainsburys? Just wondering what their packaging is like and if it's better than Zavvi's?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HighDefSamurai
makes me worried ordering from Sainsburys when i hear of scratched steelies, its a effort to return

I get from there and i'm chuffed with there service you normally get the Saturday or if not you get on the release day! I do miss Play.com and HMV though I remember they sent me Captain America on the Friday not Monday release date.

Did anyone else order the Django Unchained Steelbook? Mine was despatched on 16/05 but i haven't received it yet :angry:

Yeah same situation here. I'm not impressed, considering i ordered the Robocop steel on the 20th - 4 days after Django's release/despatch date - and that has arrived on the 22nd.

But still no sign of my Django pre-order ???

Odd.

Just wanted to quickly post a positive comment for Sainsburys customer service.

I ordered the Oblivion steel for £15.99 when it went live, but the order was cancelled, I thought because of the pricing mistake. But it turned out its because I had 2 accounts with them (my own fault). So I sent them an email and they gave me a £3 gift voucher and sorted my accounts out, cant say fairer than that! When re-ordering, it actually turned out they gave me a £5 gift voucher!! Needless to say, ill be using them a lot more, especially as their prices seem to be very competitive :)

Reactions: monkeyspinach
Has anyone ordered any SB's from them lately? I had an order turn up yesterday and it was in packaging similar to amazons, lots of card protection which was a nice surprise :D

Has anyone ordered any SB's from them lately? I had an order turn up yesterday and it was in packaging similar to amazons, lots of card protection which was a nice surprise :D

Yes. My Django Unchained Steelbook arrived in surprisingly good packaging a few weeks ago and I also can spend my nectar points so get them even cheaper. Using Sainsburys Entertainment again for the TDK Steelbook and getting it for £6.99. Not the quickest delivery but I'm happy with them. :D

Agree their delivery times are slow. Recently I have been receiving despatch e-mails on the Thursday before release date but don't actually receive them until the following Friday!!

Check post #24.

It looks similar to what ES use. Very strong box but with no bubble wrap.

I was in the shop in Lancaster and they had copies of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy for £7 so I don't know if they'll be stocking more in stores or if it was a one off

Ordered Life of Pi, £23.99. It took a week to get here and when it did, was in the pathetic card board envelope that is used for c.d's and amarays.

No surprise it had a few small dents in bottom corner, where there is no support or protection in the envelope.

I called customer services and they refunded me £10 and said they would send feedback to packaging Dept.

The advisor said that there was only a tiny percentage of steels damaged to those sent out, so unlikely that Sainsburys will do anything, yet.

No doubt, they need to buck up their ideas. This will happen again and it will start costing them a lot of money.

So, in a nutshell, sainsburys will not invest in better packaging, unless they are losing a lot of money.

Not too keen on them now.

Ordered Life of Pi, £23.99. It took a week to get here and when it did, was in the pathetic card board envelope that is used for c.d's and amarays.

No surprise it had a few small dents in bottom corner, where there is no support or protection in the envelope.

I called customer services and they refunded me £10 and said they would send feedback to packaging Dept.

The advisor said that there was only a tiny percentage of steels damaged to those sent out, so unlikely that Sainsburys will do anything, yet.

No doubt, they need to buck up their ideas. This will happen again and it will start costing them a lot of money.

So, in a nutshell, sainsburys will not invest in better packaging, unless they are losing a lot of money.

Not too keen on them now.

To be fair though, their customer service is amazing. Free return postage labels too. It's a risk ordering from them but can be worth it as their prices are usually the lowest around and it's easy to get a replacement/refund if all goes wrong.