Sainsburys - SteelBook Retailer Thread [UK]

vilhelm42

Premium Supporter
Oct 16, 2012
UK
Hi Guys,

has anyone had any experience ordering from Sainsburys? Just wondering what their packaging is like and if it's better than Zavvi's?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HighDefSamurai
My copy of trainspotting arrived very dented and spine was bent outward a however the send a replacement straight away before you send the damaged one back so I was happy with that.

I've bought three steelbooks (both Star Wars trilogies and Bourne Legacy) from there and dozens of regular blurays and dvds and never had any problems, touch wood. They definitely need tougher packaging for steels though.

Just thought I would show you guys the recent change in packaging from Salisbury's

Old Packaging
g1co89ql43o45viupds.jpg

New Packaging
7hge8w1m8kumlcyoz0v.jpg

Huge difference in quality

Isnt it just a cardboard sleeve? Thought theyd always used them?

No they used in the past just a little cardboard envelope (1st pic) have done for a while they recently changed to a more stronger cardboard wrapped box as shown in the second box (contains no foam or anything) but I have had no damaged steelbook with Sainsburys new packaging where as Zavvi my Star Trek came dented and my Taken 2 with Amazon was destroyed cracked spine and half of the steel was dented as if someone was holding down on the steel.

No they used in the past just a little cardboard envelope (1st pic) have done for a while they recently changed to a more stronger cardboard wrapped box as shown in the second box (contains no foam or anything) but I have had no damaged steelbook with Sainsburys new packaging where as Zavvi my Star Trek came dented and my Taken 2 with Amazon was destroyed cracked spine and half of the steel was dented as if someone was holding down on the steel.

Ah! Didnt notice the two pics were different, do now! Good stuff as Sainsburys have good customer service and are usually the cheapest and most importantly arent Zavvi!

I think i'm going to place my first order at Sainsbury's, their pricing is very hard to resist, they consistently beat the other retailers on that front. Their dispatch times are better than Amazon too which is a bonus.

I think i'm going to place my first order at Sainsbury's, their pricing is very hard to resist, they consistently beat the other retailers on that front. Their dispatch times are better than Amazon too which is a bonus.

Also have similar customer service to Amazon as they send replacements straight away before receiving the damaged item back, even replace replacements and free returns :thumbs:

Reactions: snooloui
None of mine were new releases, so wouldn't know what they are like with pre-orders. My Django order from Asda came on the Saturday though, so I'd imagine Sainsbury's are similar.