Capture.JPG

SCHEDULE
coming

2015 Info
EXCLUSIVES!!!
EXHIBITORS
ARTIST ALLEY

Last edited:
SDCC Black Series Stormtrooper Exclusive?

...this packaging is a hell of a lot fancier than typical Black Series packaging — and also completely different to the Black Series packaging shown off at Star Wars Celebration for the new TFA toys. It’s more likely that this new Stormtrooper is going to be an exclusive somewhere, released early to get people excited for the thought of buying even more Star Wars toys at a later date.

Presumably then, that place could only be the rapidly incoming San Diego Comic Con. I mean, what better place for new Star Wars merch to appear for the first time than the Mecca of nerd conventions?...

credit to:
http://toybox.io9.com/new-shots-of-the-force-awakens-stormtrooper-toy-tease-a-1709929741

1.jpg 2.jpg

Your going to see a lot more "fancier" packaging on a lot of products in general. The big gox stores are starting to demand it on regular figures now. I guess the Black series and some boxed sets really raised the bar.

Reactions: mllNY
@spawnshop
true but I think the black series line has been fancier in general but has been black boxes, this is a white box so maybe a variant which would indicate possible exclusive, since SWCA is already past could be SDCC unless Hasbro pulls a 180 and goes to NYCC and sells it there

any mcfarlane hints for SDCC :naughty:

Reactions: spawnshop
Star Wars Force Awakens in Hall H on Friday, basically start camping out Wednesday

Ruins my Friday GoT and Walking Dead panel plans

Reactions: spawnshop
Finally solidified my SDCC plans this year for work. Will be there, but at the McFarlane booth most of the time. I hope I can get away to see some cool stuff though.

Reactions: ash333 and mllNY
Star Wars Force Awakens in Hall H on Friday, basically start camping out Wednesday

Ruins my Friday GoT and Walking Dead panel plans

GoT and Walking Dead are usually in Hall H on fridays so if it stays the same, all 3 in one day in the same hall.

Deviant Art pulled out today as a sponser for Artist Alley. Part of a comic con should be artist alley, I can't believe some of the larger companies can't contribute money to sponsor it to keep it going

I hope CCI stands firm and keeps artist alley on the show floor, thats what pulls NYCC far above them

Hallmark exclusives note they are a shared exclusive with NYCC
Here’s a look at this year’s Hallmark SDCC exclusives, from the press release:

Batmobile – Featuring dialogue and sound directly from the 1960’s Batman Classic TV Series, this Keepsake Ornament depicts the series’ iconic George Barris design for Batman’s ride, styled all in chrome rather than its traditional black paint job
1.jpg

Xenomorph: From Egg to Alien – Inspired by the 1979 science-fiction/horror classic Alien, this Keepsake Ornament created exclusively for event sales depicts a fully grown humanoid alien crouched next to an egg from which a fellow creature will be spawned.
2.jpg

U-3PO and R5-D4 – This Keepsake Ornament two-pack created especially for event sales features droids that first appeared in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. The humanoid protocol droid U-3PO served aboard Princess Leia’s consular ship while the astromech droid R5-D4 was offered for sale by Jawa traders to moisture farmer Owen Lars on Tatooine.
3.jpg

BobaFett-HanSolo-ittybittys - Boba Fett and Han Solo in Carbonite become the latest in Hallmark’s itty bittys line with this exclusive two-pack of the armored bounty hunter and his prisoner as seen in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back.
4.1.png

@digitalbabe the xenomorph is a perfect ornament for a christmas tree is it not?

I've been wanting to go to Comic Con for so long but I just haven't been able to. It's hard enough to get those tickets. I will soon though....maybe

Deviant Art pulled out today as a sponser for Artist Alley. Part of a comic con should be artist alley, I can't believe some of the larger companies can't contribute money to sponsor it to keep it going

I hope CCI stands firm and keeps artist alley on the show floor, thats what pulls NYCC far above them
One of the very few things that NYCC tops SDCC.