Artwork:

71INxZpVknL._SL500_.jpg

SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • Gorgeous restored 1080p transfer on the film
  • Original theatrical trailer
  • Video documentary Serpico: Reel to Real
  • Video documentary Inside Serpico
  • Video piece Serpico: Favorite Moments
  • 36-PAGE FULL-COLOUR BOOKLET featuring a new and exclusive essay by critic and author of Al Pacino: Anatomy of an Actor, Karina Longworth; rare archival imagery, and more!

Attachments

• 71INxZpVknL._SL500_.jpg
    71INxZpVknL._SL500_.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 225
Last edited by a moderator:
Its a bit of an odd one for MoC, not complaining though, i just hope they don't start to go too mainstream, however Dog Day Afternoon would be amazing!

Looking forward to the artwork on this though ;)

Its a bit of an odd one for MoC, not complaining though, i just hope they don't start to go too mainstream, however Dog Day Afternoon would be amazing!

Looking forward to the artwork on this though ;)

they already released very popular movies like metropolis, double indemnity, touch of evil and nosferatu. they're all really big hits and a lot more mainstream than serpico is so i wouldn't worry about this.

Last edited:
Reactions: XXHAPPY GILMORE
they already released very popular movies like metropolis, double indemnity, touch of evil and nosferatu. they're all really big hits and a lot more mainstream than serpico is so i wouldn't worry about this.

They're certainly more revered by film pseuds, but you're crazy if you think German silent movies from the 1920s are more mainstream than Serpico!

Reactions: lolwut and rAmhz
Okay, after my recent problems with pre-ordered titles dropping in price just after release, I've decided this will be the only one of the Eureka titles I'm gonna actually pre-order. I'd like Wake In Fright, Computer Chess and White Dog but I can wait to see those. Serpico I already know and love, and would welcome an upgrade from my DVD copy. Plus, being a single-disc steelbook it shouldn't have too much problem with pre-order prices (I hope...£24.99 on Amazon is a bit heavy going to start with).

Reactions: Ashisarobot
Day one for me. Special features seem to be identical to the Warner release. That W.Bros. disc got a high rating over at blu-ray.com in the A/V dept. so fingers crossed MOC do it justice too. Can't wait to see the artwork!

Okay, after my recent problems with pre-ordered titles dropping in price just after release, I've decided this will be the only one of the Eureka titles I'm gonna actually pre-order. I'd like Wake In Fright, Computer Chess and White Dog but I can wait to see those. Serpico I already know and love, and would welcome an upgrade from my DVD copy. Plus, being a single-disc steelbook it shouldn't have too much problem with pre-order prices (I hope...£24.99 on Amazon is a bit heavy going to start with).

White Dog is an absolute masterpiece in my opinion.

Make sure you snap it up at some point! :thumbs:

They're certainly more revered by film pseuds, but you're crazy if you think German silent movies from the 1920s are more mainstream than Serpico!

call me crazy than, ask 1000 people who saw nosferatu and who saw serpico and u will see a nearly flawless victory and even the people who don't saw nosferatu, knowing it indirectly from one of the 100000x references in other movies and series, it have a huge influences and thats what i call mainstream while serpico is only well known for fans of the genre and al pacino lovers.

Last edited:
I really hope they don't bail on this...I can feel some snooty cinephiles wanting something else as a steelbook, but I'm all game for this. Wasn't fussed for Red River before so didn't mind it going but Nosferatu is a very, very underrated steelbook so far!

Serpico is now my most anticipated steelbook release for the new year (as well as Captain Phillips and The Killing Fields) - not sure about Invasion Of The Body Snatcher, Big Trouble In Little China or Tenebrae myself but can definitely see the appeal. Brazil I'd like to get but £16 is way too high for a catalogue title.