Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: April 20th, 2015
Purchase link: Sleepy Hollow
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.
Per Zavvi on May 8,2015:
1500 copies shipped, 500 damaged in transit from supplier.
They are trying to obtain replacements.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't had the "cancelled" email and when I check my order it says it's still processing. Here's hoping!

I wonder if Zavvi's intention is to still try and ship out steelbooks to the customers who received a cancellation notice. My notice sounded pretty final but when I checked my order status it still isn't cancelled.

Would be good if this one came back in stock but I'm not holding my breath, nothing is certain with this company. What a big disappointment this release has been, damaged gloss on the back, lack of stock, no communication from Zavvi for a long time, cancelling orders, it just gets worse and worse.

I hope Zavvi order further 1000 UNDAMAGED Steelbooks from Scanavo.

Hi guys, I've just received an update that about 1500 were shipped and 500 were damaged in transit from the supplier. Zavvi is trying to arrange to get more copies.

How can 500 copies get damage during in transit? Poorly packaged and they got crushed or something?
I think the company which produced these steelbooks should make a completely new patch, I still want to own this steelbook because I do like the artwork and the movie.

How can 500 copies get damage during in transit? Poorly packaged and they got crushed or something?
I think the company which produced these steelbooks should make a completely new patch, I still want to own this steelbook because I do like the artwork and the movie.
Sorry Ap, I don't know-just that Zavvi are trying to get replacements.

As mentioned before.There was a known defect with this item and Zavvi is trying to rectify the situation...500 sounds like a reasonable guesstimate since so many members mentioned about not getting shipping notices.When this goes back in stock, I will be ordering again since it should not have the same defect on the back.
For the record, you will never hear them admit officially that there was a known defect on the back.

Reactions: lolwut and dfoles
Mine came badly dented. I contacted them for replacement but now seeing this news about 500 damaged doesn't make me very optimistic. :dunno:

This is another obvious sign zavvi have a problem, I can't believe they just couldn't get anymore and cancelled so many orders?

I'm still trying to return my damaged item to Zavvi from a day one purchase. All I'm after is the return form and return label, how difficult is that? I've just sent my 5th message to them.

Absolutely, its pretty easy for zavvi to order another batch from Scanavo, I dont understand the problem. :-(
Zavvi don't deal with Scanavo
Film studio/Distributors order from Scanavo
Zavvi are not a Film Studio or a Distributor they are just a retailer

This is a StudioCanal release its their steelbook
Its not that simple just re order a new batch as it would require a new print run

The fault likes with Scanavo
Its up to StudioCanal to complain to Scanavo to get them to replace the faulty batch

Zavvi are just a retailer who has this realease as a exclusive offered to them by StudioCanal

If Studocanal does not do another run on this puppy I could see it becoming one of the most sought after and hard to get Steelbooks ever made...especially a minty copy.

An overseas Amazon release may be our only hope, does not look like Zavvi will get more, it's been a long time now as well.

I ordered this to complement my other Burton titles. They cancelled me long ago. It sounds like they may have saved me a bit of pain. Unintended of course!