slipcovers.....do you collect just US or other countries

Just curious if other slipnuts are like myself.....i collect UK, CAN, French etc slipcovers especially if a movie i own didnt get a US slipcover. My main goal i hope to achieve one day is to have all my movies that have a slipcover available in any country to actually have one.....so far ive done pretty good thanks to UK and French slips.

2nd part of the question.......

Do you guys prefer or like a certain countries slips more than others? I myself LOVE UK slipcovers....alot of them look so much better than the US counterpart (in my eyes) and im sure Al can attest m y love of UK slips as well...lol:drool::p

I don't go out of my way to slip all my movies, however if its one my favorite movies and there is a slip in some other Country then yeah I'm trying to obtain it. I hate how some my fav movies get piss poor USA releases. Like HEAT for example, just regular amaray, so I'm out to stick the French slip on it. Though CA just released a Steelbook for it so I'm much more happier now. :)

yeah i here ya....i like that HEAT steel too. im not a HUGE steelbook collector (i think i have around 64 to 67 (would have to look on my bluray.com account to see) but ive tried to calm down on them since im really into slipcovers as well......it gets expensive trying to collect regular blus, blus with slips, slips alone and steelbooks...the wife shot me quite a few dirty looks over the past year with some of my hauls:emb::p lol...so now i usually buy like this....

if a movie comes out and has a cool slip regardless what country ill usually buy that...if a movie comes out and doesnt get a slip but gets a cool steelbook then ill get that....this way i save a lil money and still get what i want to an extent....now there are some movies i have on steel that have a slip also so depending on how good of a deal i get i may get both....just depends.

I don't go out of my way to slip all my movies, however if its one my favorite movies and there is a slip in some other Country then yeah I'm trying to obtain it. I hate how some my fav movies get piss poor USA releases. Like HEAT for example, just regular amaray, so I'm out to stick the French slip on it. Though CA just released a Steelbook for it so I'm much more happier now. :)

Yeah I hear ya' I've calmed down on my steelbooks a lot but I still get quite the few. Just a little more relaxed with what I choose. Instead I have supplemented all that to collecting insane shrines on certain movies in particular lol.

I just try to make sure I have one slip per release as well. I wont collect a UK, French, US, and Canadian slip for the same movie, but if the release didn't get one in the US i'll certainly try to get it from another country...

Speaking of which... I need a UK "28 Days Later" slip... ;)

hey jef, ill ask my UK contact to pick you up 28 days if you want....should cost between 8 to 10 bucks depending on how hard it is to come buy. i myself got the UK slip for both movie boxset since 28 weeks later didnt have a slip.

these are all of my UK slips so far (the last 2 pics are the ones on the way....

will post my US slips and various this weekend....

IMAG0679-1-1.jpg

IMAG0678-1-1.jpg

IMAG0677-1-1.jpg

incoming

imag0145k.jpg

imag0144m.jpg

imag0112z.jpg

again will post US, CAN and various countries slips this weekend some time.

I just try to make sure I have one slip per release as well. I wont collect a UK, French, US, and Canadian slip for the same movie, but if the release didn't get one in the US i'll certainly try to get it from another country...

Speaking of which... I need a UK "28 Days Later" slip... ;)

I try to stay with the US slipcovers only. It gets very expensive when you expand your slipcover collection with imports. But I do like some of those UK and Canadian slips. Especially the Jennifer's Body UK slip. The embossing is amazing :naughty:

I do have 10 UK slips and 4 Canadian slips in my collection. I'm fine with that, for now. I would love to go beyond that and add more. One of these days it will happen. :D

And yes. Lu loves his UK slips :drool:

For me, US slipcover is better, I more prefer on US Slipcover design.

Anyway I am find with having others country slipcover as well :)

hey jef, ill ask my UK contact to pick you up 28 days if you want....should cost between 8 to 10 bucks depending on how hard it is to come buy. i myself got the UK slip for both movie boxset since 28 weeks later didnt have a slip.

$10 for just the slipcover or the movie and slip? Is that shipped? How much for both shipped (days and weeks?) I might have to do it if I can get it reasonably.

Probably 10 for just slip....don't worry about shipping, I can ship free from work.UK slips are expensive.......most are 8 to 12 for regular slips and 15 and higher for rare ones.I've spent well over 700.00 just for UK slips since I started.

$10 for just the slipcover or the movie and slip? Is that shipped? How much for both shipped (days and weeks?) I might have to do it if I can get it reasonably.

I don't go out of my way to get a slip. If it comes with the film cool if not then too bad. I prefer to just stay within the US too. Hobby is too expensive to start looking elsewhere.

Probably 10 for just slip....don't worry about shipping, I can ship free from work.UK slips are expensive.......most are 8 to 12 for regular slips and 15 and higher for rare ones.I've spent well over 700.00 just for UK slips since I started.

Cool... LMK how much for both slips. 28 Days/Weeks Later. If it's not too much i'll certainly bite!

these are all of my UK slips so far (the last 2 pics are the ones on the way....

will post my US slips and various this weekend....

IMAG0679-1-1.jpg

IMAG0678-1-1.jpg

IMAG0677-1-1.jpg

incoming

imag0145k.jpg

imag0144m.jpg

imag0112z.jpg

again will post US, CAN and various countries slips this weekend some time.

Is the 28 days/28weeks boxset bigger than the usual UK slips? I try to get slips of all the movies I own. French ones are by far the hardest to come by since I don't have a contact but I believe I'm just missing Quarantine, Man on Fire, Batman Begins and maybe 28day/28weeks for my UK ones. Simpsons, Zombieland, Last Samurai for French.

I think I only have US slip covers. I haven't gone out of my way to acquire imported slips, but I really want Silent Hill with the slip, from amazon.fr.

The 28 days/weeks later slip is the same size as any UK slipcover.

I have some French slips ill post later....some of the French ones I have are...

Predator
Hell ride
The horde
Reservoir dogs
Midnight meat train
Solomon kane