[Note: full slip edition is approved by director Bong joon-ho]

e8esy3e4.jpg
Type C - Lenticular Slip Cover edition package - 666 copies
Snowpiercer Lentic Pack.jpg

1401727940643478.gif
<Lenticular effect>
99dzzb.gif
Old info:
Pre-order date: June 3rd, 2014 14:00 PM (as Korea time)
[Time Table]
Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Monday, 2 June 2014, 22:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
New York (U.S.A. - New York) Tuesday, 3 June 2014, 01:00:00 EDT UTC-4 hours
London (United Kingdom - England) Tuesday, 3 June 2014, 06:00:00 BST UTC+1 hour
Paris (France) Tuesday, 3 June 2014, 07:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Tuesday, 3 June 2014, 05:00:00

Attachments

• ????A??_??????.jpg
    ????A??_??????.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 12,799
  • ????C??_??????.jpg
    ????C??_??????.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 1,795
  • Snowpiercer Full Slip pack.jpg
    Snowpiercer Full Slip pack.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 10,688
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 852
Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have tried the film in a Region B (Sony) locked player and it does not play. Then I tried it in the Oppo selecting region A & B and......it plays! :hilarious:

So it must be an issue with the Sony player....:p :rolleyes: :bag:

Obviously some players might not play the disc...like the member with his PS3 (Sony)

It is Region free BUT seems to have problems LOADING properly on certain players. Try selecting a number on the remote ( 2 worked for me) and then press play. This seemed to bypass whatever was preventing it from loading property.

Hey earthscope
Are you actually getting the region mismatch screen on your sony player or is it just refusing to play?

It's not as I have checked it on a region B locked Sony player (Does not play) and a multi region Oppo Selecting A, (Option 1) and it plays fine..:happy:

Also been confirmed on the other site!

Edit: seems to be an issue with Sony player!
so if I test in a non-Sony UK player, it should work?

Well I have tried the film in a Region B (Sony) locked player and it does not play. Then I tried it in the Oppo selecting region A & B and......it plays! :hilarious:

So it must be an issue with the Sony player..
..:p :rolleyes: :bag:

Obviously some players might not play the disc...like the member with his PS3 (Sony)

or its region A locked as the Oppo player was selected to play region A titles....
Can you test your Oppo player with region B only to see if it works.

oh and, hate to be pedantic, but I'm the female having PS3 issues :)

It is Region free BUT seems to have problems LOADING properly on certain players. Try selecting a number on the remote ( 2 worked for me) and then press play. This seemed to bypass whatever was preventing it from loading property.

Hey earthscope
Are you actually getting the region mismatch screen on your sony player or is it just refusing to play?
but PS3 have joypad controllers, not numbers on them :(

Info taken from the disc does show it's region locked to A...

Set the player (Oppo) to A then to B and it played fine. Then tried the Sony (region B) and no luck.

Now I am confused!!

Code:
DISC INFO:

Disc Title: SNOWPIERCER
Disc Size: 35,488,864,433 bytes
Protection: AACS
BD-Java: No
BDInfo: 0.5.8

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name: 00001.MPLS
Length: 2:05:54.255 (h:m:s.ms)
Size: 35,227,109,376 bytes
Total Bitrate: 37.31 Mbps

VIDEO:

Codec Bitrate Description
----- ------- -----------
MPEG-4 AVC Video 29037 kbps 1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1

AUDIO:

Codec Language Bitrate Description
----- -------- ------- -----------
DTS-HD Master Audio English 6353 kbps 7.1 / 48 kHz / 6353 kbps / 24-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 24-bit)

SUBTITLES:

^
Your post has "Protection: AACS" of BDinfo report bolded, but that has no relevance to region coding. Or am I missing something?

so if I test in a non-Sony UK player, it should work?

or its region A locked as the Oppo player was selected to play region A titles....
Can you test your Oppo player with region B only to see if it works.

oh and, hate to be pedantic, but I'm the female having PS3 issues :)

Sorry it has nothing to do with the steelbook,
but I do love the expression..
I don't want to be pedantic, "BUT"

@earthscope: verify your Oppo region code after setting by selecting "Settings-0-7-7-0" (hit "settings" again to exit, do not hit ok").
That way you'll make sure the player is set how you think it is.

Sorry it has nothing to do with the steelbook,
but I do love the expression..
I don't want to be pedantic, "BUT"
:)
I do hate to be pedantic, but its a personal pet peeve I guess that everyone assumes blu-rays/steelbooks are a boys only club. I know they are the majority but its not always correct to assume...meh :)

ooh, you gotta pick up a Bluetooth remote...
I have enough remotes and dont fancy paying out for one on the off chance it 'might' work - can anyone confirm PS3 UK playability via whatever means required? :(

Reactions: lolwut
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey earthscope

It refuses to play on the Sony Buddy...

@earthscope: verify your Oppo region code after setting by selecting "Settings-0-7-7-0" (hit "settings" again to exit, do not hit ok").
That way you'll make sure the player is set how you think it is.

I have checked the regions on the Oppo and it plays in both A & B. The Sony locked region B won't play the disc at all....
Maybe someone with a different locked region B player can confirm. I'm on holiday in Miami guys & Lady...So I'm off for a drink. :hilarious: :D

It works on the Oppo my buddy's and not on the Sony. And the Oppo BDP 105, is the same one I have in the UK...(multi region)

I'm off....:rofl:

:)
I have enough remotes and dont fancy paying out for one on the off chance it 'might' work - can anyone confirm PS3 UK playability via whatever means required? :(
I meant just in general... I can't imagine blu-ray playback with a game controller. But I guess I'm just getting old & lazy... :p

I checked tracking and my disc should be here today or tomorrow. I have a modded US Oppo 93, I'll see what I can do to test. But I suspect given transa's info and what's been posted elsewhere, it will be region A.

not too seem ungrateful or like I'm having a go, but saying the discs work on region free players, doesnt really help or tell us much.

We need confirmation of it working on region B and C machines really.

But go enjoy your drink Earthscope :)

Reactions: DodgyDave
not too seem ungrateful or like I'm having a go, but saying the discs work on region free players, doesnt really help or tell us much.

Actually, it does help, since technically there's no such thing as "region free" or "region all" with blu-ray. What the multi-region players do is reset the region code each time you want to change. IOW, you're set for region A, and when you enter the keys on the remote & then restart the machine, it restarts as a region B machine.

REALLY!! So shall I run up and down south beach trying to find various region A & B locked players? Just to answer your question! If your not happy that's your problem. I've done all I can do here....Jez!! :rolleyes:

Now back to enjoying my holiday.....:woot:

Actually, it does help, since technically there's no such thing as "region free" or "region all" with blu-ray. What the multi-region players do is reset the region code each time you want to change. IOW, you're set for region A, and when you enter the keys on the remote & then restart the machine, it restarts as a region B machine.
not really - as depending what region its set for, dictates what discs will play - saying region A + B is redundant as region A is selected which we all know will play anyways. We need region B and/or C ONLY selected. Anything set up with A will play regardless

REALLY!! So shall I run up and down south beach trying to find various region B locked players? Just to answer your question! If your not happy that's your problem. I've done all I can do here....Jez!! :rolleyes:

Now back to enjoying my holiday.....:woot:
FFS I said I wasn't having a go, just stating that confirming a potentially region A locked disc happens to work fine in Region A enabled players is not that helpful and is actually so obvious it doesn't need testing/confirming.
Imagine if I posted over in the Need for Speed thread that 'my region B disc works find in my region B player' ..the phrase 'no duh!' springs too mind.

Also, when did I say I wanted you to run around in order to answer my Q? Nowhere. I specifically asked if any other UK, PS3 owners were having problems and had some helpful replies of things to test later.