[Note: full slip edition is approved by director Bong joon-ho]

e8esy3e4.jpg
Type C - Lenticular Slip Cover edition package - 666 copies
Snowpiercer Lentic Pack.jpg

1401727940643478.gif
<Lenticular effect>
99dzzb.gif
Old info:
Pre-order date: June 3rd, 2014 14:00 PM (as Korea time)
[Time Table]
Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Monday, 2 June 2014, 22:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
New York (U.S.A. - New York) Tuesday, 3 June 2014, 01:00:00 EDT UTC-4 hours
London (United Kingdom - England) Tuesday, 3 June 2014, 06:00:00 BST UTC+1 hour
Paris (France) Tuesday, 3 June 2014, 07:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Tuesday, 3 June 2014, 05:00:00

Attachments

• ????A??_??????.jpg
    ????A??_??????.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 12,799
  • ????C??_??????.jpg
    ????C??_??????.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 1,795
  • Snowpiercer Full Slip pack.jpg
    Snowpiercer Full Slip pack.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 10,688
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 852
Last edited by a moderator:
not really - as depending what region its set for, dictates what discs will play - saying region A + B is redundant as region A is selected which we all know will play anyways. We need region B and/or C ONLY selected. Anything set up with A will play regardless

That's my point exactly.
The player can be set for region A only, or region B only, or region C only - not a combination. Unlike DVD, which supports a region "all" (zero) setting, blu-ray's multi-region capabilities are dependent only on the disc. IOW a disc can be coded Region A, or Region A-B, but the player can only be one or the other at any given time. Even a multi-region player.

What may be happening with earthscope is perhaps the disc isn't being ejected between region changes. Some manufacturers are required to code-lock the disc, but they get lazy & only lock the top level & don't lock the titles themselves. In these cases, you can circumvent the coding by jumping right to the title using the remote. If a multi-region player was playing successfully in region A, and then the region is reset to B, the player may resume the title (skipping the region check) if the disc isn't returned to the main menu in between.

FFS I said I wasn't having a go, just stating that confirming a potentially region A locked disc happens to work fine in Region A enabled players is not that helpful and is actually so obvious it doesn't need testing/confirming.
Imagine if I posted over in the Need for Speed thread that 'my region B disc works find in my region B player' ..the phrase 'no duh!' springs too mind.

Also, when did I say I wanted you to run around in order to answer my Q? Nowhere. I specifically asked if any other UK, PS3 owners were having problems and had some helpful replies of things to test later.

I already confirmed that when the player is set to REGION B on the Oppo it plays and then when changed to region A it also plays..."DUH" How much clearer can it be? Then when tried on the Sony, REGION B it Won't Play.....Is that not clear enough for YOU?? I can not do anymore here unless I try to find another region locked B player to confirm if it's region A or B..
Then you reply well thats not really helpful and go enjoy your holiday....Sarcastic much??

I don't care if it does not answer your question. Now I will go BACK TO ENJOYING MY HOLIDAY....!!!!

PS: The machine was fully turned off and the disc ejected each time the region was changed to A & B

I already confirmed that when the player is set to REGION B on the Oppo it plays and then when changed to region A it also plays..."DUH" How much clearer can it be? Then when tried on the Sony, REGION B it Won't Play.....Is that not clear enough for YOU?? I can not do anymore here unless I try to find another region locked B player to confirm if it's region A or B..
Then you reply well thats not really helpful and go enjoy your holiday....Sarcastic much??

I don't care if it does not answer your question. Now I will go BACK TO ENJOYING MY HOLIDAY....!!!!

PS: The machine was fully turned off and the disc ejected each time the region was changed to A & B

I'm sorry I started this now. :)
Come on guys "and girls" let's be nice to each other.
It's only a Steelbook. :)

Wow!!
This is all getting very technical.
Come on Choi or even Tony. Tell us the truth.
Locked or region free?
lol.
there have been a few replies of hitting certain buttons that got passed the playback issue so regardless of confimation, there have been region B members who got this bugger to play on their machines.

Oh and Yeslek,
Guilty as charged!!
We boys think it's a boys game.
:)
You'll be surprised - both myself and best friend are female steelbook nuts. I actually bore my BF with the obsession quite a bit too which I find a humorous flip from you boy's annoying your wife/GF :)

That's my point exactly.
The player can be set for region A only, or region B only, or region C only - not a combination. Unlike DVD, which supports a region "all" (zero) setting, blu-ray's multi-region capabilities are dependent only on the disc. IOW a disc can be coded Region A, or Region A-B, but the player can only be one or the other at any given time. Even a multi-region player.

What may be happening with earthscope is perhaps the disc isn't being ejected between region changes. Some manufacturers are required to code-lock the disc, but they get lazy & only lock the top level & don't lock the titles themselves. In these cases, you can circumvent the coding by jumping right to the title using the remote. If a multi-region player was playing successfully in region A, and then the region is reset to B, the player may resume the title (skipping the region check) if the disc isn't returned to the main menu in between.
I think the confusion stems from a member saying A+B enabled and it played fine - well duh, ya know?
bah. I should probably evacuate the thread until I get home and can test a non-sony player (but am just too impatient)

I wasnt being sarcastic.
I meant 'enjoy ya hol'. I said it as a friendly sign off honestly.

plus, like I said abouve - I think the confusion stems from a member saying A+B enabled and it played fine which is would as A has been selected.

Sooo, let me get this straight. You lot are actually opening your kimchi exclusives?! :wow: o_O :jawdrop:

Let's lighten up a bit. The weekend is just round the corner and it's time to relax :thumbs:

Reactions: earthscope
You'll be surprised - both myself and best friend are female steelbook nuts. I actually bore my BF with the obsession quite a bit too which I find a humorous flip from you boy's annoying your wife/GF :)

My wife stares at me with a blank expression as soon as I mention Blufans, Kimchi, Zavvi. ES, et al.
Steelbooks? Aren't they books made from steel?

That's my point exactly.

Ok buddy you are correct! :thumbs: I just retried the disc in the region B code. But this time pressed STOP and then pressed Play. Rather than just resuming where I had left off. And I can confirm that it will not play when the Oppo is set to REGION B.(It won't even show you the menu! Just stop keeps getting displayed when you press play) So I would definitely say it's locked to region A...

I hope that clarifies the situation. :thumbs: :bag:

And @yeslek I apologise for being rude and snippy with you. TOOOO much sun today I think..:ohno: :p :D I hope you will forgive my abrupt and sarcastic manner. :cry: :spitout: :thumbs:

NOW CAN I go and have a drink/cocktail please ? And chat to some beautiful latino lady's !!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :wow: :kiss:

Last edited:
Thanks for the confirmation, earthscope.

Yeslek, the good news is, it sounds like this disc's lock *may* be bypass-able by jumping to the title from the remote. The bad news is, prob won't work with a game controller (needs number buttons). I'd recommend trying on a different player if you get a chance.

Reactions: earthscope
Sooo, let me get this straight. You lot are actually opening your kimchi exclusives?! :wow: o_O :jawdrop:

Let's lighten up a bit. The weekend is just round the corner and it's time to relax :thumbs:
just the one (my full slip is staying sealed until I decide on keeping it or not)

My wife stares at me with a blank expression as soon as I mention Blufans, Kimchi, Zavvi. ES, et al.
Steelbooks? Aren't they books made from steel?
Yeah I had to explain the difference between steelbooks/iron packs etc the other night - as he's a big gamer and has a few game steelbooks, but like I wrongly used to believe, thought all metal cases were 'steelbooks'. Not quite a blank stare, but an eye-roll may have occurred. lol.

Reactions: zoneism

Ok buddy you are correct! :thumbs: I just retried the disc in the region B code. But this time pressed STOP and then pressed Play. Rather than just resuming where I had left off. And I can confirm that it will not play when the Oppo is set to REGION B. So I would definitely say it's locked to region A...

I hope that clarifies the situation. :thumbs: :bag:

And @yeslek I apologise for being rude and snippy with you. TOOOO much sun today I think..:ohno: :p :D I hope you will forgive my abrupt and sarcastic manner. :cry: :spitout: :thumbs:
It does actually - thank you :)

And no harm done, its easy to misread the written word at time (I mistake or dont pick up on implied tone sometimes too).
Sorry if you thought I was ungrateful, I'm really not, just eager to find a way around playback is all :) )

but seriously, get off the internet and enjoy your bloody holiday!! :p :thumbs:

Thanks for the confirmation, earthscope.

Yeslek, the good news is, it sounds like this disc's lock *may* be bypass-able by jumping to the title from the remote. The bad news is, prob won't work with a game controller (needs number buttons). I'd recommend trying on a different player if you get a chance.
yeah thats what I'm hoping - I've a Samsung one downstairs, but the PS3 is hooked up too the bigger TV...will have to have a play later and keep my fingers crossed :ohno:

Will report back if I have any joy, though I'm still confused as too how the PS3 thinks its a DVD :confused:

I tested it on my Region A Toshiba Blu-ray and it goes to menu straight away which I expected it would and plays fine

My Region B Blu-ray Player
I tested it on my Panasonic Region B Blu-ray Player
At first I got a message
Press Play to play the disc
To access a USB device or an SD card
Return to Home Screen
When you press play it shows same message every time you press play and of course does not play or give you any menu options

How to play using a Panasonic Blu-Ray Region B Player
Let the disc load
Note Do not press play
Instead do this

Press on your Remote Control Top Menu
It goes to the menu
All in Korean of course
First one is Play Movie
Second one is sound options
Third one is chapter select

Its Region A sort of but not really locked as such but is locked depending on your Region B Blu-ray Player model and make
It does play on a Panasonic Region B Blu-ray Player using the above method listed
Note it wont work on Region B PS3 (PlayStation 3) so far I tested I cant find any solution as of yet

On a separate note
Can Kimchidvd for future releases add English and other language choices for menu options for us non Korean language customers
This would be a welcomed addition so we know what each listing is

Last edited:
Thanks Paul.
So yeslek, it may be all you need to do on your ps3 is hit the "square" (menu) button, then the "x" or "start" (play) button.

I may be mistaken, but I think the menu layout is up to the studio rather than Kimchi. For example the Korean release of "Legend of 1900" I just received from Kimchi has an English language menu.

Reactions: yeslek
Tried all prior suggestions on a Samsung BD-E6100 and not getting anywhere.
The TV screen does same as PS3- goes black as if loading, then the player send me back to the home screen on the machine. I don't even get a region error which makes me think the discs are dud - last time I tried played region A disc in the PS3 I get an error about region incompatibility after the black screen, then I have to choose to go back to the home screen of the console,

Any of you brains out there have any other helpful ideas I could try? Or does anyone else have access to a PS3 to see if they get the region error or the same back-to-star issue I'm experiencing

Thanks Paul.
So yeslek, it may be all you need to do on your ps3 is hit the "square" (menu) button, then the "x" or "start" (play) button.

I may be mistaken, but I think the menu layout is up to the studio rather than Kimchi. For example the Korean release of "Legend of 1900" I just received from Kimchi has an English language menu.
Am gonna head back upstairs and give it a go.....fingers crossed.

No go sadly :(

It's as if the disc can't be read at all. I can get the PS3 menu up for a split second, and even managed to click play via that, but it then sends me straight back too the machines home screen :(
The PS3 menu doesn't stay up long enough for me to try accessing any disc menus.

Even tried hitting various buttons in a few sequences but nothing.

Am wondering if it's worth opening the full slip copy to see if the discs do the same thing in both players....

:(

Or you could wait until the German edition is closer to release and see if it has English subtitles. But these have all been fairly localized, so doesn't seem too promising...

Reactions: yeslek