Snowpiercer - in theaters June 27th, 2014 [US]

redlemon

Premium Supporter
Jun 25, 2012
Leeds, UK
From IMDB:

In a future where a failed global-warming experiment kills off most life on the planet, a class system evolves aboard the Snowpiercer, a train that travels around the globe via a perpetual-motion engine.

With: Chris Evans, Ed Harris, Tilda Swinton, Jamie Bell & more...

Poster:
Snowpiercer.jpg

Trailer:

Last edited:
Reactions: kbr1656
Me too IF it ever makes it out of the realise hell it has found itself in. The sooner BIG film componeys relise that people want to see orrigonal movies no matter on what country thay are from the better.

Not everyone wants to wach the pritty all American cast make a cock up of the orrigonal Asian movie . RANT OVER :p

I watched this last night. Really cool movie. A really unique concept. Chris Evans, Ed Harris, John Hurt, all great. Might pick up a steelbook for this.

I thought this was very disappointing. It created an interesting world, but the characters hardly had time to develop. The ending left me rolling my eyes.

I thought this was very disappointing. It created an interesting world, but the characters hardly had time to develop. The ending left me rolling my eyes.

Aw, that's disappointing to hear. I've been eagerly anticipating Snowpiercer for almost a year now. I have two friends who've seen it already. One of them liked it and the other didn't care for it. Was gonna catch it on VOD but managed to get tickets to a special screening with Bong and the majority of the main cast in attendance and with a Q&A after the film.

Reactions: Monkey2005
Finally saw this last night and I dug the hell out of it. The dark humor was great and there were a couple of really intense and brutal fight sequences. And I'm gonna have to disagree, Helikaon. I thought they did an excellent job fleshing out the characters with how quickly the plot developed. And I liked the ending too. The entire cast gave great performances (Chris Evans and Song Kang-ho rarely disappoint), but the stand outs for me were Tilda Swinton as Mason and Alison Pill as the school teacher. That being said, there were a couple things that could have been better, but overall a really solid film and definitely worth the wait. And I quite enjoyed the Q&A with Bong Joon-ho, Kelly Masterson (the writer) and John Hurt.

I saw this online back in March and have wanted to see it in theaters Evers since. The only problem is it's getting a very limited release. I can only hope when it expands it hits my area. Great film. Very unique story. Excellent acting all the way around.

Im finding it a bit hard to imagine Chris as anything but Captain America :dunno:

This is great because... Before he was cast as Cap, he was known more as the "Funny Guy Character in movies". I remember people complaining that he wouldn't work as Cap cause he couldn't be "Serious Enough". Its crazy how things change. I've always liked him, ever since Cellular I thought this guy could be a big star.

He was also Flash in Fantastic Four as well...

I think you mean Human Torch? Right?