Snowpiercer - Ultimate Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook with books) [France]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: April 2, 2014
Purchase link: Amazon FR
Price: €39.99 €28.46
Note: Korean famous director Bong Joon-ho's first international movie. The original is French comics. Cast are Chris Evans, Ed Harris, Tilda Swinton, Song Kang-ho, John Hurt, Jamie Bell, Octavia Spencer. I think that this movie is best movie of 2013. France started pre-order first.

81U6GpTzrrL._SL1024_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just unpacked mine and everything looks perfect (and gorgeous), which is always a relief when you come home and see it propped up against the front door in one of those flat cardboard wraparound boxes that have zero padding.

The shipping gods smiled down on me this time.

Anyone manages to get this without the spine slash? Did you get the stand-alone Steelbook or the one with the book?
I ordered the Steelbook only & it arrived in mint condition no spine slashes, although it was sent in one of those cardboard envelopes but luckily it arrived undamaged. Don't know if the spine slash in the set with the books is a common problem.

I ordered the Steelbook only & it arrived in mint condition no spine slashes, although it was sent in one of those cardboard envelopes but luckily it arrived undamaged. Don't know if the spine slash in the set with the books is a common problem.

Yeah, I got the bookset and the Steelbook comes with a spine slash. That's why I'm wondering if the stand-alone ones are slash-free. Thank you!

And ugh at the packaging.

Yeah, I got the bookset and the Steelbook comes with a spine slash. That's why I'm wondering if the stand-alone ones are slash-free. Thank you!

And ugh at the packaging.
I would get in touch with Amazon you might be able to get them to send you a new Steelbook only to swap for your damaged one. Tell them you want to keep the set & will they swap just the Steelbook it's worth a try.

Just out of curiosity - for those of you who ordered directly from amazon, how much did the shipping cost? I have never ordered from amazon.fr before.

I'm considering just ordering the stand alone steel and skipping the box because although the window dressing is nice, I cannot read French so all those books are useless to me.

I'm in France so no shipping cost for me... Don't know about outside Europe, but you can see that on the final page before payment on the website.

My steelbook was in the boxset and no spine slash

if you're not in a hurry with this steelbook (without extras) i suggest you to wait a bit more for the italian version, it looks pretty the same layout and it will "probably" (from Amazon.it infos) have english subs too

Just out of curiosity - for those of you who ordered directly from amazon, how much did the shipping cost? I have never ordered from amazon.fr before.

I'm considering just ordering the stand alone steel and skipping the box because although the window dressing is nice, I cannot read French so all those books are useless to me.

I thought that, but the books are mainly art work, as got mine yesterday and felt it was worth the extra money.

However postage cost for just the steelbook was around 6 Euros I believe, you can actually check by going through the checkout process, just don't get to the end ;)

This is based on having an Amazon account and being based in the UK.

Finally it took about 2 days to deliver which is quicker than most of my UK orders!!!

I thought that, but the books are mainly art work, as got mine yesterday and felt it was worth the extra money.

However postage cost for just the steelbook was around 6 Euros I believe, you can actually check by going through the checkout process, just don't get to the end ;)

This is based on having an Amazon account and being based in the UK.

Finally it took about 2 days to deliver which is quicker than most of my UK orders!!!

Thanks!. I did some more research and found out Kimchi is going to be releasing their own steelbook of this in a few months with additional bonus features and an improved book. Plus the disc will not be region locked and the price is going to be about half of what I'd have to pay for the box set. (Not counting shipping)

I've decided to be patient and hold off on this one for now. But I appreciate the info :)

Reactions: ran94 and JayWhit
Bought my copy directly in a french store today, glad i could choose which one and had'nt to order this from amazon.fr, they often arrive with little defaults. Like the Artwork front and back

It will have forced subs. Hence you need to do disc swap.
Or if you watch blurays on a PC you can use AnyDVD to remove "prohibited user operations" and simply disable the french subs. ;)

I did this with Taken the other day after finding out it had forced subs when trying to play it on my PS3.