Spider-Man: Far From Home (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 11, 2019
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 4K+2D Collector's Edition (Pre-order live at Midnight July 2)
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £74.99 (4K+2D Collector's Edition)
Notes: 3 Discs (4K UHD + 2D Blu-ray + Bonus Disc World Wide Web-Slinger)
12203577-1384708744830876.jpg

Collector's Edition with above steelbook
Collector's Edition Artwork to be updated as it still has mock up steelbook
12203580-1344.jpg 12203580-6964.jpg

12203577-6844708744881201.jpg 12203577-1154708741882539.jpg

12203577-1654684650152070.jpg

12203580-3004686046702845.jpg

Last edited:
You mean Tower Bridge? Big Ben isn't on that many. Plus, the main battle is there, so surely Tower Bridge should be on it, on the majority anyway

huh? I was talking about the steelbooks virkia posted. Not spidey. I’m not disputing tower bridge being on the U.K. spidey steelbook. That makes pure sense and I love that. Read them again!

it's odd to me that the 4-disc steelbook i got from Rahul is the only one to, while still having stacked discs, include thin slips of soft paper between the discs to protect them from scratches & abrasive contact. like every other country's manufacturers have presumed "ah, they'll be fine"

I like this steel. But the metallic light clouds/ background make it harder to see spidey and you have to look at it at a angle to see him properly and see the full colour. Straight on, the visibility is harder. The metallic brushes do not make spidey pop and in turn make him darker. Some people like to lie to themselves though. Which is the same as the German version. Both great art used.

HMV wins this time. Looking forward to what Blufans Do

huh? I was talking about the steelbooks virkia posted. Not spidey. I’m not disputing tower bridge being on the U.K. spidey steelbook. That makes pure sense and I love that. Read them again!
OooOOooooooOo... sorry. I'll be honest, I skip over 90+% of his posts. No idea what they have to do with this movie or release. I do enjoy the odd one, but wow, so much irrelevant stuff most of the time. Anyway, apologies again.

Reactions: Flloydo
Wins as the ugliest steelbook of the year :LOL: :rofl: Well, then luckily here we have the Tower Bridge

Haha yeah. I couldn’t believe how many featured Big Ben until the pictures were posted by Virkia. That did make me chuckle. But yeah very lucky in this instance to have tower bridge as the London landmark

OooOOooooooOo... sorry. I'll be honest, I skip over 90+% of his posts. No idea what they have to do with this movie or release. I do enjoy the odd one, but wow, so much irrelevant stuff most of the time. Anyway, apologies again.

No worries. I’ll be honest, I thought that was the case lol.
My read again comment comes off harsh looking back but I just meant, read it again. Lol

Serious question. Why do you feel the need to share all this pointless information on here?

@virkia thinks outside of the box and makes every effort with his posts since years.
Although the information he shares does not always have to do with the specific release directly, they are sometimes kind of extended background stories for me. So I do enjoy reading them from time to time (I know many here wouldn't agree with me :whistle:).

If his posts really bother you so much, you can put him on your ignore list ;)

Reactions: spookz and St4rlord
Got mine. I personally love it. The brush metallic feel doesn't bother me at all. Since I've ended up with the hmv one aswell even that has the same finish. Great new addition to my collection.

Reactions: davhyl and St4rlord
One thing I don’t understand is people’s argument with the finish. Comparing it to the HMV steel saying it’s fine because it has the same finish. That’s fine. However, the HMV steel don’t use a 65% space of bare metal so the image and colours pop a lot more. Not sure what people aren’t understanding. Yeah same finish, but very different outcome (and I don’t mean art choices). HMV version plays with the metallic finish In the details of the waves art

Only thing I can dig at with HMV steel is I wish night monkey on the back had a bit more black in him because he does kinda clash with the mysterio bare metal fish bowl

One thing I don’t understand is people’s argument with the finish. Comparing it to the HMV steel saying it’s fine because it has the same finish. That’s fine. However, the HMV steel don’t use a 65% space of bare metal so the image and colours pop a lot more. Not sure what people aren’t understanding. Yeah same finish, but very different outcome (and I don’t mean art choices). HMV version plays with the metallic finish In the details of the waves art

Only thing I can dig at with HMV steel is I wish night monkey on the back had a bit more black in him because he does kinda clash with the mysterio bare metal fish bowl
I never said it was fine I said it has the same finish which I don't mind. It's not perfect but moaning about it isn't going to change that fact. Yes the colours pop more on the hmv one but personally I think it's fugly. Hence I prefer the zavvi one. I'll keep them both purely for the 3d disc and to keep in my collection.

Reactions: St4rlord
I never said it was fine I said it has the same finish which I don't mind. It's not perfect but moaning about it isn't going to change that fact. Yes the colours pop more on the hmv one but personally I think it's fugly. Hence I prefer the zavvi one. I'll keep them both purely for the 3d disc and to keep in my collection.

that fine comment isn’t just aimed at you. And I’m not moaning, I’m speaking facts about the argument that they are the same is redundant because the art under that gloss with metallic finishes works different because of the way the art is. Whether you like it or not, prefer one to the other, they are not the same - is my point.

I personally prefer the HMV edition, but I do love the art used on the zavvi I’m personally just a little annoyed at the bare metal parts that have ruined that art. But I like both still

that fine comment isn’t just aimed at you. And I’m not moaning, I’m speaking facts about the argument that they are the same is redundant because the art under that gloss with metallic finishes works different because of the way the art is. Whether you like it or not, prefer one to the other, they are not the same - is my point.

I personally prefer the HMV edition, but I do love the art used on the zavvi I’m personally just a little annoyed at the bare metal parts that have ruined that art. But I like both still
Everybody likes different things and we can agree to disagree. If people didn't like different things there wouldn't be the need for various artwork across the range.

Everybody likes different things and we can agree to disagree. If people didn't like different things there wouldn't be the need for various artwork across the range.

It’s not about that lol. But don’t worry, you clearly don’t get what I’m talking about. And happy to leave it there.

Oh I'll happily keep going if you want to. I don't get why you are getting so uperty about this. You like hmvs, I prefer this one. You love the finish on the hmv one I clearly see no difference in finishes. I've said previously different people like different things man. It's what makes the world go round. Yes the art over the finish is diffent but I can still see it in fact it looks worst to me on the hmv becuase of the colours. But hey that's me. I'm glad you like it. Hell I'll send you my copy for free if you want another one.

Oh I'll happily keep going if you want to. I don't get why you are getting so uperty about this. You like hmvs, I prefer this one. You love the finish on the hmv one I clearly see no difference in finishes. I've said previously different people like different things man. It's what makes the world go round. Yes the art over the finish is diffent but I can still see it in fact it looks worst to me on the hmv becuase of the colours. But hey that's me. I'm glad you like it. Hell I'll send you my copy for free if you want another one.

Im not getting uperty or whatever the f***ck that means. And you STILL don’t get it. Yet you have to bang on about we all like different things which I’m fully aware of and STILL banging on clearly no difference in finishes. Which is not my point.

they both have the same finish. What I’m talking about is people have stated that they both look the same because of the same finish but they don’t. Because from a Design point of view they can get away with saying the metallic effect with gloss suits the illustrated art and colours and they went for that specifically. Yet they have done the same with the zavvi version (and German) except it’s more lazy because of the bare metal cloud/ sky which they clearly didn’t think about when designing and choosing the finish (to mirror the HMV version) and it’s come out worse in that sense, made the art more muted. But you haven’t understood that. Lol. I’m not talking about who likes what. I don’t care what you like. But like you, I still like this version. You seem to think I’m getting upset about this version lol

however you keep messaging and not understanding lol. but at least dazzler can like every one of your posts that are commented toward me like he does with everyone else that tries to prove me wrong, come at me or some sh***t lol :rofl: (not saying your coming at me FYI)

Im not getting uperty or whatever the f***ck that means. And you STILL don’t get it. Yet you have to bang on about we all like different things which I’m fully aware of and STILL banging on clearly no difference in finishes. Which is not my point.

they both have the same finish. What I’m talking about is people have stated that they both look the same because of the same finish but they don’t. Because from a Design point of view they can get away with saying the metallic effect with gloss suits the illustrated art and colours and they went for that specifically. Yet they have done the same with the zavvi version (and German) except it’s more lazy because of the bare metal cloud/ sky which they clearly didn’t think about when designing and choosing the finish (to mirror the HMV version) and it’s come out worse in that sense, made the art more muted. But you haven’t understood that. Lol. I’m not talking about who likes what. I don’t care what you like. But like you, I still like this version. You seem to think I’m getting upset about this version lol

however you keep messaging and not understanding lol. but at least dazzler can like every one of your posts that are commented toward me like he does with everyone else that tries to prove me wrong, come at me or some sh***t lol :rofl: (not saying your coming at me FYI)
Firstly yes but i don't see that being muted with a variety of colours. Second you say lazy becuase of the bare metal sky I don't see that as lazy at all. I completely get you point. I'm not 5! I just disagree. These are subjective which I've said previously but you are not getting the point. Some people look at 1 thing as see it as lazy others see it as not lazy. Lastly I'm not comingat you I've tried to shut you up with every ******* comment I've posted but no you just keep ******* going. And maybe just maybe not everyone thinks like you do. Shocker I know. Now can we please put this ****** to bed. I've had an extreamly long day and I've got another one tomorrow. I'm tired. Your opinion. My opinion. Line under it move on