Spider-Man: Far From Home (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #57) [China]

Stygian

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: June - July 2022
Group buy: hosted by Wreck

730B2270-20C6-4159-BC27-48A3973C3B06.jpeg

50518054602_a0d2f362b6_k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
are they holding the discless fanbox back until they also confirm a proper release with discs?
Not as far as they've said, no. Delays are likely covid related, given it's china and they've been back in lockdown. The disc release (if there even is one) is a long way off. Hinges on Chinese gov granting the film licence.

Not as far as they've said, no. Delays are likely covid related, given it's china and they've been back in lockdown. The disc release (if there even is one) is a long way off. Hinges on Chinese gov granting the film licence.
Yesterday, it was announced that China banned No Way Home from their film market because Sony refused to edit out the scene that included the statue of liberty. I guess the dictatorship in China doesn't want to give Chinese citizens any ideas about freedom. Makes me think they won't grant Blufans any license for Far from Home. They may end up releasing the one click and double lenticular without any discs just like the fan box.

Reactions: yeslek
A shame this was rejected by censors, but not all that surprising I suppose. No way they were going to let the Statue of Liberty feature so prominently; too evocative of the "Goddess of Democracy" statue erected (and later bulldozed) at Tiananmen Square.
Goddess of Democracy.png

• Informative
Reactions: Steely-Booked
Honestly just give me this and NWH without discs. I’m done with f**king China and Disney ruining my collection!
Agreed. Honestly I couldn't give a toss about the discs for mcu films now given the imax versions are available elsewhere. It'll harm resale value I expect, but otherwise it won't phase me.

Reactions: Flloydo
Kevin said the other day the best case scenario for the OC/DL is end of year. I won’t be holding my breath.

Sony already allowing it with that crappy plastic box and discless 1/4 slip so I can’t see why a OC will be any different in the future

Reactions: MM3 and Shark
its funny to me that the only release of this film on blu-ray in china may be predominantly purchased by english speaking foreigners