Spider-Man: Far From Home (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #57) [China]

Stygian

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: June - July 2022
Group buy: hosted by Wreck

730B2270-20C6-4159-BC27-48A3973C3B06.jpeg

50518054602_a0d2f362b6_k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Other sites also say the same. They don’t mind some releases as discless if it means not missing out on a release. I’d even take the rest of the MCU after infinity war as discless.

I Will happily take a discless one click for this release to continue with a full blufans homecoming trilogy set. Rather discless over nothing. And the price will reflect that.
I agree.
About price: if an amaray release cost 24,99€ (19,99$) from release date, and the Steelbook cost 29,99€ (24,99$)... Difference between these two are 5€ for Steelbook presentation.
That means Steelbook cost is far less than the discs (not only 5, but not too far from that cost, considering other factors).

If a release is discless, the only cost business has to upfront is the design creation, making the packaging, and waiting the studio approval to distribute a discless release.
So no doubt a discless version release is not worth 50% of similar or previous releases with discs... Otherwise business made this way, are way profitable than before (savings on the production and distribution from discs).

I would skip any discless release which cost more than 50-60% of the previous releases with discs.
Example: Incredible Hulk Blufans 4K (80$ shipping included)
Considering pandemic factors and shipping rates, nowadays would be 89-95$.
So that means a discless release would have to cost 50-60% off from that start price to be "reasonable" for me (it's just my opinion).
Leaving the price around 38-45$ for a discless release (fullslip + goodies + WEA Steelbook + international shipping included)

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Jesus no one reads around the $80 is for a fanbox with a disc the picture in the op is even there for it

But the that is kevs price not hdn

no disc sir basil ;)
No just see it apologies
Last time it was disc on fanbox then looks like it changed again recently I know it's in the air whether discs or not due to Chinese government issuing disc import license for the rest

But the fanbox on spidey before was $100 if memory serves was overpriced then and worth avoiding then

Basil :thumbs:

Wrecks added 30 boxes in the group buy. Decent number for those that want it

Reactions: Lester
@IRON MAN

Is it possible to have the (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray) removed from the thread title or perhaps just completely changed to

NO DISCS - Spiderman Far From Home Fan Box - SteelBook Edition Blufans​

to match @Wreck's Group Buy listing?

Perhaps if and when an edition that includes discs is announced a new thread can be started.

Thank you.

Maybe it's explained somewhere in this thread, but can someone please explain to me why this contains no discs, and is there any strange legalities surrounding this? Like are they saving costs by not including discs, is it only part of Sony who are letting them release it, etc?

Maybe it's explained somewhere in this thread, but can someone please explain to me why this contains no discs, and is there any strange legalities surrounding this? Like are they saving costs by not including discs, is it only part of Sony who are letting them release it, etc?
The release is waiting for a media publishing license from government regulatory agency. Without the permit, the studio is unable to import any discs for the release. However, if the license is still not issued in a short-run, Blufans might have that released in some discless editions.

• Informative
Reactions: davhyl
That is what I am referring to in my post.
But that isn't what the posts before you posted were talking about, which it looked like you were responding to..

Stygian said "please change thread to discless from 4k + 3d + 2d". IM said "we will once confirmed". You said "it's confirmed".

The entire release this thread relates to isn't confirmed to be disc-less, it's just the fanbox that's being released now that is.

But that isn't what the posts before you posted were talking about, which it looked like you were responding to..

Stygian said "please change thread to discless from 4k + 3d + 2d". IM said "we will once confirmed". You said "it's confirmed".

The entire release this thread relates to isn't confirmed to be disc-less, it's just the fanbox that's being released now that is.

My mistake then. Are you happy now?