Spider-Man: Far From Home (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #57) [China]

Stygian

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: June - July 2022
Group buy: hosted by Wreck

730B2270-20C6-4159-BC27-48A3973C3B06.jpeg

50518054602_a0d2f362b6_k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
From Kevin "There will be one click set and a standalone DL edition in later of this year. These editions are all comes with WEA steelbooks in them. Hopefully Discs will be available then."

This is good news. I am going to wait for this.
This is set to be released in April so things are happening faster than I thought a few weeks ago.

@IRON MAN You probably know the issue concerning China and blu-ray discs currently? Has anything changed from around 2018 and the current problems? Is it just Disney?
Did this start 3-4 years ago with zeta and Blade Runner 2049 2 editions had discs and one didn’t I think? Bumblebee and It2 didn’t have any discs.

From Kevin "There will be one click set and a standalone DL edition in later of this year. These editions are all comes with WEA steelbooks in them. Hopefully Discs will be available then."

This is good news. I am going to wait for this.
Yep completely skipping this weird plastic box edition and waiting on that one click

@IRON MAN You probably know the issue concerning China and blu-ray discs currently? Has anything changed from around 2018 and the current problems? Is it just Disney?
Did this start 3-4 years ago with zeta and Blade Runner 2049 2 editions had discs and one didn’t I think? Bumblebee and It2 didn’t have any discs.

These are entirely different matters since different studios but also different circumstances.

BR2049 was meant to include steels with discs and a number of those editions did, both single and double lenti. The rest of the steels per hdz was damaged so they ended up releasing whatever extra slips and cards etc... they had printed as standalone editions without any steels/discs inside. No comment on the other two titles from the same retailer.

As for Disney, it has pulled out from most of the Asian region as far as physical media is concerned, apart from a couple of countries, that's why you won't see any more licensed Marvel or Disney steels from Blufans, but you'll see them from Korea because Disney is still licensing there for now.

Spidey is distributed by Sony not Disney, so whatever issues Blufans is facing with the licensing of the discs is not necessarily related to what has happened to Disney titles.

This is set to be released in April so things are happening faster than I thought a few weeks ago.

its actually to do with the chinese government issuing import licenses for the discs themselves, the chinese government made a decision to limit the amount of foreign films they would allow to be released in china from abroad and thats not changed.
the reason being in china's head is to concentrate on there own chinese films market being increased instead.

and to give you the part example post from kevin a while ago just so you see its not all made up

It is not cancelled. All WEA steelbooks were already made a while ago and the slip arts had been approved. The release is waiting for a media publishing license from government regulatory agency. Without the permit, the studio is unable to import any discs for the release. However, if the license is still not issued in a short-run, Blufans might have that released in some discless editions. Please stay tuned!

so this be an ongoing problem till chinese government decide otherwise with the license's going forward

basil :thumbs:

• Informative
Reactions: Billy Talent
Wait, is that all we're gonna get, or will there be a proper edition with a slip and booklet/cards?
GB is on bd forum, $80 for an empty steel and a couple of metal thingies - no thanks. I'd rather buy one of the WWA steels with a UHD disc for $50.

Wait, is that all we're gonna get, or will there be a proper edition with a slip and booklet/cards?
GB is on bd forum, $80 for an empty steel and a couple of metal thingies - no thanks. I'd rather buy one of the WWA steels with a UHD disc for $50.
Hopefully when they release the individual release/OC, it’ll have disks. 80 is just too much. If it’s going to be empty, lower the price and just sell me the bare steelbook.

I get this blufans, so the steelbook will be quality, but I can't see how anyone can justify $80odd on this... that pricey Japanese release for NWH isn't looking all that ridiculous now is it :rofl:

Maybe this price for discless Steelbook is consequence of voting here in the past about if we were willing to receive (and pay for) Steelbook releases without disc and how much we will be paying in this case...

Of course, it costs the same than complete Steelbook (with discs inside).
Pandemic is used as an excuse to increase the shipping prices and to offer to customers less "quantity" or contents for same price (what is the same that increase the price for same contents).
No thanks.

The discless issue has nothing to do with HDN FFS
I know.
China and D+ there are guilty for not supporting the physical format.

However, the alternative here was to "ask people if they were willing to" spend their money in a discless steelbook releases.
Of course, they are willing (me too), but for a reduced price (much lower), not for the same bucks than Steelbook release with discs.

I know.
China and D+ there are guilty for not supporting the physical format.

However, the alternative here was to "ask people if they were willing to" spend their money in a discless steelbook releases.
Of course, they are willing (me too), but for a reduced price (much lower), not for the same bucks than Steelbook release with discs.
Other sites also say the same. They don’t mind some releases as discless if it means not missing out on a release. I’d even take the rest of the MCU after infinity war as discless.

I Will happily take a discless one click for this release to continue with a full blufans homecoming trilogy set. Rather discless over nothing. And the price will reflect that.