Spider-Man: Homecoming (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (FilmArena Collection #89) [Czech Republic]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: December 13, 2017
Purchase links: 3D+2D - 4K+2D
Price: 999 CZK (E1) - 1199 CZK (E2) - 1299 CZK (E3) - 4999 CZK (E4)
Note: WEA
Group buy: Hosted by carllenc E1 - E2 - E3 - E4 Box - E5 A - E5 B
E1.jpg E2.jpg E3.jpg E4.jpg

21032871_1481087472008224_3936953246344885099_n.jpg
received_1890750887608123.jpeg

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 19.06.09.png

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I think I might have to sit this one out since I can't afford the box, and don't really care for any of the individual slips or the magnet Steelbook :(

I´m not sure what is it you wanted then, but just FYI the magnet is removable, so If you wanted just a WEA steelbook, you can get E5 easily...just sayin´

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian and harry
I´m not sure what is it you wanted then, but just FYI the magnet is removable, so If you wanted just a WEA steelbook, you can get E5 easily...just sayin´
I thought there was one more slip that wasn't revealed yet. And I misread the E5 as being the red Steelbook with the magnet that is available in several regions.

Decided I need this more than the HMV edition, £24 shipped is pretty decent (for just the steel, unnumbered edition). I don't want to pay nearly double for FAC's UHD version so will wait to grab the UK UHD at a later date

Decided I need this more than the HMV edition, £24 shipped is pretty decent (for just the steel, unnumbered edition). I don't want to pay nearly double for FAC's UHD version so will wait to grab the UK UHD at a later date

£24 shipped? I'm from the UK and it works out £34 shipped for me, and that's the price from the GB. More expensive on FAC's site.

Reactions: davhyl
I am super duper confused with all the different editions of this thing. Let me know if I've got this right:
  • Spider-man slip with 3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray
  • Vulture slip with 3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray
  • Iron Man slip with 4K + 3D + Blu-ray
  • Box that has all three of the above as well E5B
  • E5A which is 4K + Blu-ray
  • E5B which is 3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray
And we're still waiting on what E5 looks like?
:coffee:Good move/strategy :whistle::whistle::naughty::naughty:with that Fully loaded Iron man slip given that's its a spiderman movie about spiderman and having all the possible disc for that slip will just ensure that it will be sold well, :naughty::naughty:good bait.:thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Futurhythm
Buying multiple editions to get one full loaded disc set is becoming tiresome. HMV SB offers everything for 25 (4K + 3D + 2D + Bonus + Comic).
If I had a business where people kept coming back to buy off me then I would do the same. As sneaky as it is, it is also smart business.
HMV offers everything you want but when you look beyond the offering, it's really about the artwork and collectible package of it all.
HMV is a store that can knock out mediocre to decent steels (and yep, I buy from them too) but you have to think about what HMV is in comparison to Blufans, HDzeta FA etc. The latter exist to make money off steelbooks, HMV exists to make money off anything it sells in store or online, and steelbooks are not at their forefront of sales. They might help, but when you consider all of the other things they sell, a mediocre to decent steelbook (matter of opinion) with a comic, 4K etc is standard to a customer. FA Spidey set is the dogs b***ocks to a customer. Why? Time, effort, presentation, design, finish, quality... and smart business through how it advertises its products, not to mention an already establlished collector fanbase.
I agree, it's tiresome and it's all money, but they are keeping the product rareity and exclusivity of steelbook collecting alive in offering things this way... aside from making a few quid too of course.

Reactions: K.i.T
If I had a business where people kept coming back to buy off me then I would do the same. As sneaky as it is, it is also smart business.
HMV offers everything you want but when you look beyond the offering, it's really about the artwork and collectible package of it all.
HMV is a store that can knock out mediocre to decent steels (and yep, I buy from them too) but you have to think about what HMV is in comparison to Blufans, HDzeta FA etc. The latter exist to make money off steelbooks, HMV exists to make money off anything it sells in store or online, and steelbooks are not at their forefront of sales. They might help, but when you consider all of the other things they sell, a mediocre to decent steelbook (matter of opinion) with a comic, 4K etc is standard to a customer. FA Spidey set is the dogs b***ocks to a customer. Why? Time, effort, presentation, design, finish, quality... and smart business through how it advertises its products, not to mention an already establlished collector fanbase.
I agree, it's tiresome and it's all money, but they are keeping the product rareity and exclusivity of steelbook collecting alive in offering things this way... aside from making a few quid too of course.
It is collector's slavish mentality that is keeping FAs business model alive.
Absolutely nuts buying 3 copies of the same steelbook just so that the outer cardboard lines up and forms a pretty picture.

It is collector's slavish mentality that is keeping FAs business model alive.
Absolutely nuts buying 3 copies of the same steelbook just so that the outer cardboard lines up and forms a pretty picture.
But only nuts to those who don't want to lol.

The problem is the cost of course, always comes down to cost, but as long as people keep buying then it will keep happeneing unfortunately. Myself included.

• Thanks
Reactions: Radagast
The WWA art is stunning, by one of THE comic artists, with a comic character that comes from art. Nuff said

OK seriously, forget gloss for a moment. I saw originally that you wanted both this edition and the HDZeta steelbook for this title.

Now that I've seen an actual image of this steelbook opened up showing the front and back together, I think it's a good looking image now.

So I'm just curious, if you honestly feel that "The WWA art is stunning, by one of THE comic artists, with a comic character that comes from art." Then why would you pass this up?

OK seriously, forget gloss for a moment. I saw originally that you wanted both this edition and the HDZeta steelbook for this title.

Now that I've seen an actual image of this steelbook opened up showing the front and back together, I think it's a good looking image now.

So I'm just curious, if you honestly feel that "The WWA art is stunning, by one of THE comic artists, with a comic character that comes from art." Then why would you pass this up?

I do think the art is stunning, I'm a comic collector with a room dedicated to them, I'm not anti matte either. For me steels are a premium collectable, which is what they originally started as. I'm anti poor finish. Arrow do an amazing thick hard matte that looks beautiful when they want, but most don't. For this art to really shine it needed to be at least that or gloss, the US pics make it look really poor. Kick Ass 2 is a perfect example, the poster art was very bright and vibrant and when transfered to a steel with a heavy gloss finish looked amazing, I want that for EVERY steel, not half efforts. The WWA art is awesome but they have opted for a poor finish, making it for me not buyable. I had the HMV edition on order but cancelled. I already own most films through HD downloads so for me a steel is a premium version and I expect some effort and lately outside of HDzeta and Blufans thats not happening. I want normal retailers offering the quality those companies do instead of the very poor quality we're now seeing

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: zesty and Stygian
I do think the art is stunning, I'm a comic collector with a room dedicated to them, I'm not anti matte either. For me steels are a premium collectable, which is what they originally started as. I'm anti poor finish. Arrow do an amazing thick hard matte that looks beautiful when they want, but most don't. For this art to really shine it needed to be at least that or gloss, the US pics make it look really poor...

Thank you for your detailed reply. I admit that I'm surprised by your comment that you aren't against matte finishes, only because most of your comments about passing on steelbooks are about the fact that they aren't glossed. Some of them are understandably due to the art.

I understand what you're saying about the difference about matte finishes on Arrow releases.
I don't own any myself but I have seen similar comments about them on HDN from others.

Thank you again.

• Thanks
Reactions: psychoscot