Spider-Man: Homecoming - In theaters July 7, 2017

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Spider-Man: Homecoming

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Jon Watts[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: Tom Holland, Robert Downey Jr. Marisa Tomei, Michael Keaton, Zendaya, Donald Glover and more...

Plot: Following the events of Capitain America: Civil War, Peter Parker attempts to balance his life in high school with his career as the web-slinging superhero Spider-Man. [/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
kY2c7wKgOfQjvbqe7yVzLTYkxJO.jpg
[/spoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Very excited to see how this one turns out with Spidey having possible flicks with the MCU characters!! :)
Don't know they'll choose for the role though, i wasn't that disappointed with Garfield tbh.. :bag:

I heard that they now wish to cast a new star who will not be white?!

Again I have no racial slurs but if a role was originally made for a white person, why change the race?

Balancing racial stars is 100% no problem so long as the character is made for the role.

You cant exactly have a white Shaft. It just doesn't fit the profile.

If they go with ethnic Spiderman it would probably be the Ultimate SM Miles Morales character instead of parker this time around. Wouldnt be in favor of that one, but maybe they feel a reboot without Parker gives a cleaner break?

I personally think spidey should stay white too. Not racist, just don't seem right him being from a different ethnic background

Are we sure Garfield is out? I saw the original Spiderman news and it did reference a "re-boot", but I saw nothing official that the part would be re-cast. I think that's the assumption and that is a likely outcome. I just don't think anything is ironclad at this stage. I always take the approach nothing is final until its done.

Are we sure Garfield is out? I saw the original Spiderman news and it did reference a "re-boot", but I saw nothing official that the part would be re-cast. I think that's the assumption and that is a likely outcome. I just don't think anything is ironclad at this stage. I always take the approach nothing is final until its done.

I think he is out but I really hope I'm wrong

SPIDER-MAN: Kevin Feige Confirms Peter Parker; Talks High School Spidey :spiderman:

http://collider.com/spider-man-kevin-feige-confirms-peter-parker-in-high-school/

When word first surfaced that maybe Marvel Studios was in the process of working out a deal with Sony Pictures to bring Spider-Man into the MCU fold, many (myself included) balked at this as a pipe dream. There was no way Sony was going to give up its only comic book character in the midst of the superhero boom, especially to the most successful studio making superhero movies at the moment. But the impossible happened: a deal in which Sony retains ownership of Spider-Man, but shares the character with Marvel Studios for use in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, with Marvel’s Kevin Feige overseeing things creatively.

A fair amount of the credit for pulling this deal off goes to Feige, so it’s no wonder that he’s got big plans for how to bring Spidey into the MCU fold. With rumors swirling that the character will make his first appearance in the about-to-start-filming Captain America: Civil War, casting is currently underway to find the new Spider-Man. Everyone’s got an opinion on who should play the new webslinger, but as Marvel and Sony started searching for the right actor, many began to wonder: will the new Spider-Man be Peter Parker, or could Marvel be going a different route and using someone like Miles Morales instead?

The initial press release regarding the Spider-Man deal name-dropped Peter Parker, but fans were still curious whether Marvel might be switching things up. Steve recently spoke with Feige at the press day for Avengers: Age of Ultron, and he not only set the record straight on who their Spider-Man is, but confirmed his age:

popcorn2.gif

Reactions: kaw
Nat Wolff (The Fault in Our Stars), Asa Butterfield (Ender’s Game),Tom Holland (The Impossible), Timothee Chalamet (Interstellar), and Liam James(The Way Way Back), are among the young actors that are under consideration to play the new Spider-Man.

They've kept us waiting, but we now finally know that Tom Holland (The Impossible) will play Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the currently untitled reboot which is set to be released on July 28th, 2017 in IMAX and 3D (that's new information too). Sony and Marvel have also confirmed that Jon Watts (Cop Car) will direct. That film made its debut earlier this year at the Sundance Film Festival.

The press release states that after an extensive worldwide search, both Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal were impressed by Holland’s performances in The Impossible, Wolf Hall, and the upcoming In the Heart of the Sea, and by a series of complex screen tests. Watts meanwhile also went through multiple meetings with Feige, Pascal, and the studio, before winning the job.

Commenting on the announcement in a press release issued through Marvel.com today, Tom Rothman, Sony Pictures Motion Pictures Group Chairman, said, "It’s a big day here at Sony. Kevin, Amy and their teams have done an incredible job. The Marvel process is very thorough, and that’s why their results are so outstanding. I’m confident Spider-Man will be no exception. I’ve worked with a number of up-and-coming directors who have gone on to be superstars and believe that Jon is just such an outstanding talent. For Spidey himself, we saw many terrific young actors, but Tom’s screen tests were special. All in all, we are off to a roaring start."

Feige commented, "As with James Gunn, Joss Whedon, and the Russo brothers, we love finding new and exciting voices to bring these characters to life. We spent a lot of time with Jon and find his take and work inspiring." Pascal added, "Sony, Marvel, Kevin and I all knew that for Peter Parker, we had to find a vibrant, talented young actor capable of embodying one of the most well-known characters in the world. With Tom, we’ve found the perfect actor to bring Spider-Man’s story into the Marvel Cinematic Universe."

It'll be hard to beat Garfield, who I thought was the perfect Spider-Man/Peter Parker due to his overall personality and sense of humour. However, I'm willing to give Holland a chance, as I would've done with anyone. I could've totally imagined Garfield fitting in with the current Avengers cast though, both on screen and off. Holland's got some big boots to fill, that's for sure!

Just checking out a few of his videos on Instagram and dude's already got some Spidey moves nailed... I wonder if that's part of why he got the role. Anyway, good luck to him. :thumbs:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4043618/
Damn... never I thought that guy was 19... I honestly thought (no offence, I look real young myself) he was 13-14 and couldn't understand how in *** he could be Peter Parker... oh well... let's see how he's doing... gotta say the guy got the moves... now can he have the attitude...