UK
Release date: March 31st, 2014
Purchase link: Zavvi.com (sold out)
Notes: Limited to 1,000 copies

10931304-1394627606-92443.jpg

10931304-1394627606-92496.jpg

10931304-1394627606-92547.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I said it about all the Into Darkness steels anmd I'll say it again.

I feel sorry for the poor hardcore Trekies that feel the need to own ALL of them.

Its enough already with this movie. Don't get me wrong, I truly enjoyed it, but 1 release is enough (ok, maybe 2 LOL). Seriously tho, what I am getting sick of is this "ultra limited print run" crap...when you buy 1k of a 4k print run, it isn't an ultra limited print run - it's a NORMAL print run, with a LIMITED UK RELEASE.

Get a grip Zavvi...I hate to bash companies, but they are truly changing collecting for everyone, and NOT in a good way.

So basically they've taken 1,000 off of the German print run (or added 1,000 to it), and will simply repackage it with a UK J-card and palm it off as an ultra limited edition...

Do we really need a fourth SteelBook variant for the same film anyway?

Collectors encourage this type of release by buying anything and everything with a limited run. Let's be honest if this was Blufans or Kimchi, many here would be making a mess in their undies and throwing money at them, instead it is Zavvi so it's seen as another money grab (which in all honesty it is). Personally this release doesn't bother me. I am content with the Zavvi white edition, I couldn't care less how many more they release. The only thing that disappoints me is that Paramount have bee neglecting their back catalogue recently, I would like to see some new titles.

So basically they've taken 1,000 off of the German print run (or added 1,000 to it), and will simply repackage it with a UK J-card and palm it off as an ultra limited edition...

Do we really need a fourth SteelBook variant for the same film anyway?

It is an official release and is probably just part of the same run. It isn't as if Zavvi have bought a few copies from Amazon and repackaged them. One because Zavvi are only a retailer and don't do that and two because I don't think Paramount would be too pleased if any retailer did that.

It's funny how most of us are "complaining" about this, BUT I can bet that this will not last more than 1 hour live. :D

Personally I will buy this just to match the black zavvi edition.

The only thing that disappoints me is that Paramount have been neglecting their back catalogue recently, I would like to see some new titles.

Some other Star Trek releases would be nice (with original poster artwork, not crappy matching package designs like their last few Amaray runs), rather than re-releases of the same two films over and over! I currently have six UK SteelBooks for just two Star Trek films! I'm sure fans are screaming out for a First Contact SteelBook!

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

Personally I will buy this just to match the black zavvi edition.

You just know that Paramount aren't going to leave it at that. We already have a Kirk / Spock version, and now a Nero / Uhura version, so no doubt a Scotty / Bones version will follow, then a Sulu / Chekov one afterwards! They will milk this for all it's worth for as long as the film continues to be popular, successful, and in demand!

I may be in for this... but not at £20. I skipped on their previous Star Trek steelbook and have regretted it ever since. Glad they went with the villain for the front, because now it'll go nicely with my Into Darkness steels (Enterprise artwork on one and villain artwork on the other, and I already have the original Play exclusive steel for XI with Enterprise on the front).

Il carry on buying star trek steels as long as they keep making them lol, not gona miss this one! zoe zaldana on the back makes it worth buying :)

no thanks, got the German release a few weeks ago which has the same disc as the previously released Kirk / Spock cover, even has the same J-slip but with German writing

If this int art is the same as the Kirk/Spock cover, then you could swap the backs and have a customs Nero/Spock steel...I might have to research that....it would go great with the villain ship Walmart set

However, if they have their own print run in Dutch, then that's fair enough

There is no own print run. The item has one and the same product number 10931304 on all 3 web sites. Currently .nl and .es are just mirrors of .com with different prices and stocks.

Another question is if the announced print run of 1000 copies is true... :naughty:

If this int art is the same as the Kirk/Spock cover, then you could swap the backs and have a customs Nero/Spock steel...I might have to research that....it would go great with the villain ship Walmart set

Except that the Kirk/ Spock one is a high gloss and the Nero/Uhura one is a satin matte.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

I'm good with my German Release :thumbs:

Me too.