Star Wars Episode I - VI (Blu-ray SteelBooks) [USA]

blu78

Premium Supporter
Jun 21, 2013
USA
Here's a main thread for the upcoming Star Wars Wave being released in the USA.

Purchase all here at Best Buy
Purchase all here at Amazon
Purchase all here at Walmart

Thought we could use this just so everyone has a place to navigate towards any of the titles easily, without having to search through the forum.

set.jpg
Release date: November 10, 2015
Price: $24.99 each (MSRP)
*Prices vary depending on retailer; those individual prices are listed below.*

Finish / Title Treatments (per Wreck):

All gloss. Debossed title treatment.

According to ..... The Force! Or HDN

Big thanks to @snooloui for the OP's and respective links & images!

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Thread link
Purchase link (Best Buy) $19.99
Purchase link (Amazon) $24.99
Purchase link (Walmart) $16.96
1-jpeg.179860

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Thread link
2-jpeg.179859

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Thread link
3-jpeg.179861

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
Thread link
4-jpeg.179858

Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
Thread link
5-jpeg.179857

Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
Thread link
6-jpeg.179856

Last edited:
Only 1 of my 6 turned up dented on the back like you described. I had to put one back because the employee used it to write a phone number on.
How big were the dents you found? (I likely won't be opening mine til Christmas) It never ceases to amaze me how employees handle these things. I watched as a woman at Target unboxed them. She must have woke up this morning thinking she was a rabid chimpanzee. I had to go through them all just to find ones not scuffed up.

How big were the dents you found? (I likely won't be opening mine til Christmas) It never ceases to amaze me how employees handle these things. I watched as a woman at Target unboxed them. She must have woke up this morning thinking she was a rabid chimpanzee. I had to go through them all just to find ones not scuffed up.
image.jpeg

It's a little more than an inch long. Maybe inch and a half.

got mine at target and they had 6 copies or so each. I don't see these selling out anywhere but in store might to where you will have to buy off the interwebz and risk the shipping.

These are nice and worth the $15 each for sure though

went into the nearest Walmart and had these price-matched at $15.
this set is beautiful, colors are deep and glossy finish.

i recommend going in early and choosing among the bunch...
a lot of the steelbooks i saw were scuffed on the edges with bare sheet-metal showing

These really did turn out nice, even with the puzzling artwork choice of having Yoda in a series of villains. :cautious:

The Target I went to had a ton of them (over 22 each of the OT, 14 for the prequels) but a lot of them where in really bad shape, mostly due to Target's handling of them. I had to settle on a copy of New Hope with some minor scratching on the front but I can't complain too much for the price.

Has anyone watched these discs yet? Haven't had a chance to watch mine yet. What is the transfer on these?

Would love if they are without the added effects Lucas put in, but it probably is these ones.

After skipping these today, having second thoughts now haha. Thinking i might have to go pick these up tomorrow as they look so nice. :)
Happened the Same with me, in the end i could not resisted getting them! I just came back from Costco to do groceries n they had them for 14.99! I decided to get them there coz I got rewards money at the end of the year! Perfect conditions!

Reactions: jeffster15
Anyone noticed the shrinkwrap is different for A New Hope than the others? I wonder if they used a different packager jusf for that one SteelBook. It is like the way the Korean and Taiwanese steels are shrinkwrapped. I am hoping they will all switch to that in future releases :)

Happened the Same with me, in the end i could not resisted getting them! I just came back from Costco to do groceries n they had them for 14.99! I decided to get them there coz I got rewards money at the end of the year! Perfect conditions!
Awesome, ya i just couldn't help. They look awesome, glad i went for them. :)

Reactions: dfoles