Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: July 27, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 7 at 9 AM for Red Carpet - 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

12564552-5234766288707596.jpg
12564552-1334766288642730.jpg12564552-3574766288581926.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Disneys been having a right old laugh of late!

First people drop £180 on a 4K box set. Then, just as they're shipping Disney announce they'll be streaming all 4K films on Disney+!

A week later 4k steelbooks are announced. EBay will be flooded with those box sets now!!

r/Steelbook is not Zavvi

It's a web forum like HDN

They post a lot of wrong info from various sources I have had to correct them lots of times on info they posted but sometimes have correct info

It was just a copy of the Zavvi twitter post info on r/steelbook forum

This is the original twitter post by Zavvi

r/SteelBooks is a web forum like HDN and is not Zavvi, you are correct. But there is an official Zavvi account (u/ZavviOfficial) on Reddit that is in our sub and has provide us with an exclusive Reddit Code for 12% off SteelBooks and now a 20% off Red Carpet. They are the official social media presence on Reddit just as much as @zavvi is the official social media presence on Twitter.

Ha Ha
I never said it was not going to be a Steelbook only that zavvi did not confirm it would be in the tuesday May 5th twiiter post
Tuesday Reddit post from Zavvi was same info comming soon twitter post
Thread was possible steelbook for that reason

Zavvi only confirmed 2 hours ago they are doing star wars steelbooks :p

Again, this was posted by the user u/OfficialZavvi in the r/SteelBooks subreddit and no where else on Reddit. Not r/DVDCollection, not r/Bluray, not r/Movies. Just the SteelBook sub.

r/SteelBooks is a web forum like HDN and is not Zavvi, you are correct. But there is an official Zavvi account (u/ZavviOfficial) on Reddit that is in our sub and has provide us with an exclusive Reddit Code for 12% off SteelBooks and now a 20% off Red Carpet. They are the official social media presence on Reddit just as much as @zavvi is the official social media presence on Twitter.
We don't post links to Reddit on HDN that is why all the Reddit links posted get removed

Yes Zavvi post info on reddit forum but it was same info as the Zavvi May 5th twitter post
The same Info posted on Reddit was posted on Zavvi Twiiter first by a good few hours

Thread OP only needed to use Zavvi Twiiter link and no need to mention reddit at all

We don't post links to Reddit on HDN that is why all the Reddit links posted get removed

Yes Zavvi post info on reddit forum but it was same info as the Zavvi May 5th twitter post
Thread OP only needed to use Zavvi Twiiter link and no need to mention reddit

Except the info posted on Twitter didn’t specify what it was, but the Zavvi social media team posting on a sub reddit DEDICATED TO STEELBOOKS would have given greater indication that this was, in fact, as its turned out, an honest to goodness steelbook.

Also, OP may not have a Twitter account or may not have seen the tweet in question so taking the news that he’s seen from the STEELBOOK subreddit, from an official source...I don’t see what the problem is.

Thread OP only needed to use Zavvi Twiiter link and no need to mention reddit
Maybe they're not on Twitter, so weren't aware it was posted there. Either way, doesn't really matter where the news came from so long as it's official. The OP obviously didn't know that we don't allow links to Reddit, but it's easy enough for us to remove and was done so pretty swiftly, so no need to drag this out any further.

Disneys been having a right old laugh of late!

First people drop £180 on a 4K box set. Then, just as they're shipping Disney announce they'll be streaming all 4K films on Disney+!

A week later 4k steelbooks are announced. EBay will be flooded with those box sets now!!

Is Disney+ streaming in 4K in the U.K. yet? I thought due to the current stranglehold on streaming services (pandemic causing a 25% reduction in streaming bit rates) Netflix, Prime etc. weren’t streaming at full capacity, picture quality wise?

Looking forward to watching the original trilogy in 4K for sure.

I hope Zavvi apply a limit of 1 or max 2 per order when red carpet goes live at 9am very likely will be live before 9am

I expect this will be sold out very quickly after midday tomorrow when it goes live for all