Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: July 27, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 7 at 9 AM for Red Carpet - 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

12564552-5234766288707596.jpg
12564552-1334766288642730.jpg12564552-3574766288581926.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Something I never realized until right now. Zavvi actually lists the name of the movie on the customs form portion of the shipping label on the box.

Could be why so many SteelBooks go missing in transit. Is the title anywhere on the label for shipments to UK customers?

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles and djjez83
Something I never realized until right now. Zavvi actually lists the name of the movie on the customs form portion of the shipping label on the box.

Could be why so many SteelBooks go missing in transit. Is the title anywhere on the label for shipments to UK customers?
They put the name and the price.

I've always wondered who thought such a stupid idea was a good choice?

They put the name and the price.

I've always wondered who thought such a stupid idea was a good choice?
they are a legitimate business and are therefore required to do so by law... at least for international shipments due to custom requirements... they probably dont distinguish between uk and non-uk during their shipping process

edit: well, i guess they dont have to put the name of the movie... blu-ray would probably suffice

Reactions: MM3 and MrSquifler
they are a legitimate business and are therefore required to do so by law... at least for international shipments due to custom requirements... they probably dont distinguish between uk and non-uk during their shipping process

edit: well, i guess they dont have to put the name of the movie... blu-ray would probably suffice

If they have to then they have to. I never put the title on the label when I ship internationally. I know what will happen too often if I do.

If they have to then they have to. I never put the title on the label when I ship internationally. I know what will happen too often if I do.
Maybe this is a UK thing. But when I order from other countries they never put the contents or the price on the outside of the box. Zavvi is the only company I have encountered that does this.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Maybe this is a UK thing. But when I order from other countries they never put the contents or the price on the outside of the box. Zavvi is the only company I have encountered that does this.

I would think that companies would have to declare the value of the contents of the package for customs. Strange.

Reactions: MrSquifler
Price must be listed by law on CN 22 Custums Label when goods are dispatched from Non EU country to an address based in EU
This applies to Business and Personal Mail if item been posted has a goods value

You also need to use a CN 22 Customs Label if shipping from EU to a country not in the EU

When Zavvi ship from Guernsey it's shipping from a location not in the EU that's why you see CN 22 Custums Label on Zavvi parcels

Title is not required
A description of goods inside though must on the CN Label
Example Merchandise Blu-ray Disc would do

UK yes has left EU but note below
All EU rules including customers rights still apply in UK until at least December 31st 2020
That may be extended beyond December 31st if UK and EU agree to this

Reactions: MrSquifler
If you're in the US, I wouldn't so much worry about losing your SB because the title is written on the label as I would be concerned about what's reportedly going on with the postal service right now causing backup and leading to more items being lost in transit. I wrote this on another site but I'll post it here as well. Take it with a grain of salt because this is just what I've been told - although today there have been a lot of media reports about delivery problems moving forward:

I live in Washington, DC and the other day I was down in my building lobby when the postal worker arrived and for the second straight day my building had no mail (he had mail to pick up, though). The woman working the front desk asked him what's going on and he said (in DC, at least) that the new postmaster general ordered the sorting facilities shut down for an entire day. He said the official word was cost cutting but that now they are so far behind in delivery that mail sitting in facilities could be delayed for weeks moving forward. Again, that's what a DC postal worker told me and I don't know if that only happened in DC, if it was a one-time shutdown, or if this will occur with regularity moving forward.

• Informative
Reactions: a_o
Hope mine comes as quick but in Australia probably not it's sitting at 8 days today but recently I have had stuff as quick as 14 days but average has been 3 weeks and just over. Before that was 2 to 3 months.
Still haveba missing item from 149 days today maybe it will show up lol but don't care as had my replacement sent ages ago and arrived.
I find most mail lands in east coast of Australia and even that can be slow to get over west at times upto a week.
As the eastvis now getting hit hard with covid19 again god knows what delays this will add to getting stuff over here.
They was getting more flight into Australia recently people who had been trying to get back for a while but this has been cut right back as many are coming back with the virus.
I believe this has a big part in mail getting here but I think there maybe is freight flights also.

I love to see Germany send to Australia again as have several larger packages sitting there I can't get over unless I pay top dollar for and that's way too much. At times with this collecting I wish I was still in uk as stuff going there seems to be all good.

And the zavvi steelbooks in them boxes prices and what they are have always been there or least for a while anyway, but at times by time they get here and how much times it's handled you can barely make out what the item is or price.

My one above of 149 days is probably the only item I have had go missing and that's in 7 yrs plus I had two come 4 months once. And prior to that in uk had nothing missing.
A few damages etc

Last edited:
If you're in the US, I wouldn't so much worry about losing your SB because the title is written on the label as I would be concerned about what's reportedly going on with the postal service right now causing backup and leading to more items being lost in transit. I wrote this on another site but I'll post it here as well. Take it with a grain of salt because this is just what I've been told - although today there have been a lot of media reports about delivery problems moving forward:

I live in Washington, DC and the other day I was down in my building lobby when the postal worker arrived and for the second straight day my building had no mail (he had mail to pick up, though). The woman working the front desk asked him what's going on and he said (in DC, at least) that the new postmaster general ordered the sorting facilities shut down for an entire day. He said the official word was cost cutting but that now they are so far behind in delivery that mail sitting in facilities could be delayed for weeks moving forward. Again, that's what a DC postal worker told me and I don't know if that only happened in DC, if it was a one-time shutdown, or if this will occur with regularity moving forward.
Not sure when this started, but in CO, a few weeks ago, there was a day where they posted a sign saying no mail will be delivered on Saturday. It only happened 1x (but perhaps they just quit saying they wouldn’t deliver on some days).

Hopefully this gets stopped. It’s Inconvenient for me, but for others, including many businesses, their livelihoods depend on the USPS. And yeah, I want my stuff delivered on time too :D

One of my copies is certainly lost. Both of them were dispatched on the 24th. I received the first one on Monday 27th and the second one still hasn't shown up. I suspect I will have to contact them on the 8th to start the process of refund or replacement. I am just lucky that my first copy was in mint condition.

Another reason why you should order two copies