Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though they've teased it, I really don't think it will be the horrific 70's disco Vader poster.
Even the pic they posted shows it being blurry. They won't use that. I think thats merely a teaser, just as that poster once was.

I'm certain, it will be, as one user above says "The gone with the wind" version.
The one they teased for A New Hope was also blurry (because they've zoomed in) though, and that obviously ended up as the front art...

My anxiety can’t take this. xD
It's honestly kinda pissing me off.

I know it's not Zavvi, but making them so limited and then being vague about when they became available for pre-order is really just getting annoying.

I really want the OT and if possible the rest, but if I can't get the OT I'll probably cancel my pre-order.

Pre order info coming soon
Likely pre order next week or following week

I expect pre order will be on Thursday May 21st the UK 40th Anniversary date

Last edited:
I've been lurking for years but made an account for this. Surely Disney wouldn't be stupid enough to release a steelbook of Darth Vader's head floating is space when the Iconic Empire Strikes Back poster exists.. surely????

I swear to god if this is the art I'll be livid
Welcome to the community! :)

Expressing disappointment towards Zavvi/Disney in your first post... you'll fit right in here. :p

I've been lurking for years but made an account for this. Surely Disney wouldn't be stupid enough to release a steelbook of Darth Vader's head floating is space when the Iconic Empire Strikes Back poster exists.. surely????

I swear to god if this is the art I'll be livid
I don't think you should worry . . . I reckon they're having a bit of fun at our expense and just teased this image in the same way that the big head poster was teased before the actual official posters were released.

Teaser / Advance poster (Xmas 1979):-
1589586670821.png

Proper / Official posters (1980):-
1589586779445.png
Capture.JPG
1589587430374.png

On the other hand the image could be a genuine tease for this on the steelbook front:-
Capture.JPG
1589587285088.png

I don't think you should worry . . . I reckon they're having a bit of fun at our expense and just teased this image in the same way that the big head poster was teased before the actual official posters were released.

Teaser / Advance poster (Xmas 1979):-
View attachment 471597

Proper / Official posters (1980):-
View attachment 471598 View attachment 471599 View attachment 471602

On the other hand the image could be a genuine tease for this on the steelbook front:-
View attachment 471600 View attachment 471601

I think you're spot on there. Zavvi just keeping us guessing!

The teaser art would be a little boring when there are so many other great poster options.

Reactions: virkia and dfoles
But that’s impossible! I was told u/ZavviOfficial was an imposter!

:shipped:
You was not told that
I said Zavvi themselves posted on Reddit but it's not the Zavvi offical twitter page

I was discussing Reddit in general as not reliable due to posting misleading fanart as confirmed Artwork often this cause others to the post that wrong info on other web forums

There is no need to be posting or mentioning Reddit as a source about releases on HDN

The official source links are Zavvi website or offical Zavvi facebook or Zavvi Twitter

The offical Zavvi twitter page is zavvi (@zavvi) | Twitter

Reddit is not offical Zavvi twiiter page it's
a web forum Zavvi reps post info on

HDN remove links to Reddit by members for good reasons