Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Something I don't understand is if they went to the trouble of hiding Luke when he was born, why did they keep the name Skywalker?
Because it was all a convenient afterthought for George Lucas. :p

I doubt originally it was ever planned beyond the first film that Vader was his father. Although Lucas would say differently.

Every other studio passed on the film. They thought it was going to be a flop! Lucas didn't even know there'd be a sequel!

Reactions: FN-2187 and Stygian
Something I don't understand is if they went to the trouble of hiding Luke when he was born, why did they keep the name Skywalker?
Don't think Uncle Owen, the farming family had a processing facility on Tatooine & enough money to change their name by Deed Poll (well that what I would use in UK). They always said he'd go to the imperial academy next year - they were lying, he was never going to go :D

The galaxy is a large place but they didn't bank on coincidence of the twin sister ever being in the vicinity either many years later. It was just luck as the story transpired, perhaps we just don't accept that kind of Prometheus A-2-B honest story telling anymore. :thumbs:

Empire Strikes Back 4K steelbook front Artwork will very likely be the same Artwork that was on the back of the 2015 steelbook but with slight differences.

A New Hope 4K steelbook is using same back Artwork of 2015 steelbook with slight differences

Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
Empire Strikes Back 4K steelbook front Artwork will very likely be the same Artwork that was on the back of the 2015 steelbook but with slight differences.

A New Hope 4K steelbook is using same back Artwork of 2015 steelbook with slight differences

Let’s hope that slight difference is the colour scheme back to purple lol

Also worth nothing that the backs of the old steels are massively zoomed in on the art. These are closer to the full poster bar the part that goes over the edges

The steelbook pre orders for each film will be spread out over a few months

Empire pre order I expect will be in next 2-3 weeks

Hint Empire Strikes Back UK Cinema release was May 21st 1980 (40 Years Anniversary)
will the steelbooks also be available for the prequel trilogy?

All 11 films 4K releases
The 9 Skywalker saga films and Rogue One and Han Solo films

If the two anthology films tie in style-wise that is going to be perfect. What I'd love Zavvi to do is set an option for Red Carpet subscribers to opt-in to all releases in a series. Could remove a fair bit of hassle.

Reactions: GoDo
If the two anthology films tie in style-wise that is going to be perfect. What I'd love Zavvi to do is set an option for Red Carpet subscribers to opt-in to all releases in a series. Could remove a fair bit of hassle.
The steelbooks are been released over a few months
Each pre order will be separate

• Informative
Reactions: snow flake