Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In all seriousness, it would make sense that Rise of Skywalker IX would be release approximately a year later that the current steelbook available now. So one a month does make sense given 11 movies. I guess we'll only be able to confirm or not when Empire springs on us...:watch:

Reactions: dfoles and DMD4k
BREAKING NEWS: STAR WARS SAGA ALL 11 MOVIES COMING IN LENTICULAR 4K STEELBOOKS.

after all these ship :) | yeah, sorry I copied this xD

Last edited:
Reactions: GeoRattray
I don’t understand why they changed that. I much prefer the purple. Still looks good on the old one but I hope with this one they stick to purple-ish

It was done to match the front. To make the design 'flow' better. The best steelbook designs are the ones where the front and back feature similar colours. & those six steelbooks had a certain hue theme for each film based on the character portrait.

4 of the back images had a hue filter added. the 2 exceptions were new hope and phantom menace, because the posters when cropped already featured the desired colour to it. Even return of the jedi which was kinda blue to begin with had a blue filter applied over the whole image to add to the effect.

episode 1 was red, episode 2 was green, episode 3 was grey/white, episode 4 was black, 5 was yellow ( storm trooper has a yellow tinge to it) episode 6 was blue.
sw.jpg

It was done to match the front. To make the design 'flow' better. The best steelbook designs are the ones where the front and back feature similar colours. & those six steelbooks had a certain hue theme for each film based on the character portrait.

4 of the back images had a hue filter added. the 2 exceptions were new hope and phantom menace, because the posters when cropped already featured the desired colour to it. Even return of the jedi which was kinda blue to begin with had a blue filter applied over the whole image to add to the effect.

episode 1 was red, episode 2 was green, episode 3 was grey/white, episode 4 was black, 5 was yellow ( storm trooper has a yellow tinge to it) episode 6 was blue. View attachment 471080

Ah yes. That actually makes sense. Well I’ll say it again. Fingers crossed this is the unedited version.

just decided that i will never get these because obi-wan's lightsaber is green on the back of the 'clones' steelbook.

Reactions: Leafs17