Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 10, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order May 28, 9 AM for Red Carpet, 12 PM general sale - UK Time)
Price: £29.99

12590797-1524771506779595.jpg

12590797-1624771506954630.jpg 12590797-1994771506894318.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody should buy Empire, I 100% guarantee they will release these again with better artwork, probably lenticuler

They will re release Star Wars in various slips, steels and box sets until the day we die and beyond.

Suppose it’s just a case of who’s lucky enough to die tomorrow

Nobody should buy Empire, I 100% guarantee they will release these again with better artwork, probably lenticuler

Sure could be anytime between now and 2050.

I'm also not going to buy a new car right now because I 100% guarantee that more cars will be released that look better.
So I guess it could be years before a buy a car.

Last edited:
When preorder will be live? Next week?
Speaking about artwork i think the ESB will be the only steel with not "original" poster.
So angry for this

Speaking about artwork i think the ESB will be the only steel with not "original" poster.
So angry for this

Honestly I wouldn't be mad if they used the teaser poster art for the prequels. Episode I especially

So angry for this
Empire steelbook is using an official original poster image
It's the first poster created for the film to promote the film for cinema release and was also used on the original soundtrack vinyl/cassette release

There was 5 different offical original posters used in 1980 in cinemas for Empire Strikes Back

It's just not the poster image most would have preferred be used

Pre order date for Return of the Jedi is not known yet but I expect will be in the next 2 weeks

Last edited:
Empire steelbook is using an official original poster image
It's the first poster created for the film to promote the film for cinema release and was also used on the original soundtrack vinyl/cassette release

There was 5 different offical original posters used in 1980 in cinemas for Empire Strikes Back

It's just not the poster image most would have preferred be used

Pre order date for Return of the Jedi is not known yet but I expect will be in the next 2 weeks

I’m going to assume it’s going to be the only steel in the first 6 films to also not use Drew Struzan’s artwork despite having a Drew Struzan poster, correct?

Honestly I’ll be really happy if The Force Awakens uses the Struzan Poster- but I’m going to assume that they’re going to use the Aladdin Poster on TFA, anyways. xD

I’m going to assume it’s going to be the only steel in the first 6 films to also not use Drew Struzan’s artwork despite having a Drew Struzan poster, correct?

Honestly I’ll be really happy if The Force Awakens uses the Struzan Poster- but I’m going to assume that they’re going to use the Aladdin Poster on TFA, anyways. xD

I'm not an expert but the original Star Wars poster on the A New Hope steelbook was not by Struzan.
Neither was the poster that everybody wanted on the Empire steelbook.

I'm not sure about Return of the Jedi but Paul will answer this for you.

I'm not an expert but the original Star Wars poster on the A New Hope steelbook was not by Struzan.
Neither was the poster that everybody wanted on the Empire steelbook.

I'm not sure about Return of the Jedi but Paul will answer this for you.

Oh really? I must be severely mistaken, then. I was under the impression that Struzan had done posters for the first 6 Star Wars films and I assumed they were the ones that were the iconic poster.

Is that right, @paulboland ?
I need to know if I’m wrong so I don’t mess that up again. xD

Oh really? I must be severely mistaken, then. I was under the impression that Struzan had done posters for the first 6 Star Wars films and I assumed they were the ones that were the iconic poster.

Is that right, @paulboland ?
I need to know if I’m wrong so I don’t mess that up again. xD
The poster image most wanted to be used on Empire Strikes Back was Roger Kastel poster design

The link below is a history of the official star wars posters upto Last Jedi