Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens - In theaters December 18, 2015

Gaveecho

Premium Supporter
Nov 22, 2011
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

Tagline: The Force Lives On...

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]J.J. Abrams[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Mark Hamill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carrie Fisher[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Harrison Ford[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anthony Daniels[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Boyega[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Daisy Ridley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Adam Driver[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Oscar Isaac[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Andy Serkis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Domhnall Gleeson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Max von Sydow[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Peter Mayhew[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kenny Baker[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gwendoline Christie[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lupita Nyong'o[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Warwick Davis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Greg Grunberg[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Maisie Richardson-Sellers[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Miltos Yerolemou[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Pip Andersen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dixie Arnold[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christina Chong[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jessica Henwick[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Billie Catherine Lourd[/ACTOR]

Plot: A continuation of the saga created by George Lucas, set thirty years after Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
lPMLNr8IEvwRMy36sPd5Zw6dk6D.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

[/media]

sw-fa-728.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
While doing a post about Finn and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper from Hot Toys, I've been wondering:
Wouldn't have been MUCH better/cooler that it would have been Captain Phasma kicking Finn's a** instead of a random Stormtrooper??? That would have made the Captain much more used in the movie and for something Worth it!!!
View attachment 209204

Yup, Phasma was too hyped up and given basically nothing to do. Would've loved to see her character developed a bit more as well as Max Von Sydow's character, though I wonder if perhaps a younger Lor San Tekka could be appearing in rogue one

@DADDYCOOL187 @psychoscot @Flloydo I'm so damn disappointed I didn't get to watch Episode 7 for Christmas like I had hoped for! :( All IMAX showings were completely sold out! :banghead: And the long-ass line was outrageous! :OMG:

View attachment 209315 View attachment 209316 View attachment 209317

Oh well :meh:... tomorrow is a new day! :woot: :thumbs:

That's a shame mate, hope you get to see it in IMAX.

We managed to book some on Christmas Eve but we were all a little drunk so I hope everyone I'm going with remembers lol I'm sure they will.
Merry Christmas

After my first viewing I watched the entire saga again before I had a second viewing. From there I tried be look at the films objectively and remove nostalgia and evaluate the films individually as films rather than part of a trilogy. I would rank the films as such:

7, 5, 4, 6, 3, 2, 1.

I would rank them quite similar I guess, @jcm . I'm not a real Star Wars fanboy, but I did enjoy IV and V. III is definitely the best prequel part, but really don't know what to think about VII. I'm a huge fan of Abrams and really like all of his movies, he's just a tremendous filmmaker. The action was great of course, it was quite funny sometimes and even the 3D was really nice to look at. But...

The biggest flaw of The Force Awakens is, in my opinion, a lack of new ideas in the script. Yeah, I see the references and of course it takes a lot of love and effort to make to story work like that, but after decades of waiting for another great SW movie, it had to have a way better script serving fresh input. The Force Awakens is great entertainment, but if it comes to creating special moments, it fails, because it's just very predictable. And yes, I'm one of these who thinks Kylo-Ren should have kept wearing the mask. Really liked that character while masked... but unfortunately I couldn't take him seriously after taking it off (although Adam Driver is a great actor).

Please don't shoot me: I watched this film I thought it was really awesome, but it's my second favourite film of this year. My favourite 2015 was Jurassic world.