11216153-1764371078453306.jpg 11216153-5174371078496032.jpg

How to get 10% off:
1) Add it to your basket by CLICK HERE
2) Click here to activate the offer
3) Go back to your basket and apply discount code ZAVWEL54 into your basket
4) Voià! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PUNISHER
Still not sold out? How many in the print run?

I can imagine this is higher than the new marvel steels and new Disney/Pixar steels.
Also every country will get these so allot knocking around but I'm gona keep my pre order for this as its Star Wars and loved the film.

If another is announced with the bonus disc and 3D then I might go for that but I don't really want to spend more than what this is priced.
Unless this does have the 3D.
Zavvi are ignoring people asking about the 3D on Twitter at the moment

I have this feeling that this Blu Ray won't include the 3D.

I'm thinking they will keep it to release it seperately in the future. Which might explain why they are remaining so tight lipped about the whole thing.

Still waiting for The Phantom Menace on Blu Ray in 3D. So far the only other Star wars movie that got a 3D release (besides this one)

The Film itself was made in 2D
The Force Awakens was shot on 2D cameras and converted to 3D afterwards for showings in Cinemas that show 3D films

I'm sure at some stage they will do a 3D conversion for a Blu-ray release but like others I expected a 3D Blu-ray release would be same time as a 2D Blu-ray release
The Force Awakens Blu-ray it's months away from release I expect it will be at least 6 Months if not longer before the Blu-ray is released so things could change by then and be a 3D release just have to wait and see

They will be showing this film in the cinemas for a long time as the demand is huge

Film Arena have removed 3D from the listing on their website so that release is also not 3D at the moment

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Hooch
I have this feeling that this Blu Ray won't include the 3D.

I'm thinking they will keep it to release it seperately in the future. Which might explain why they are remaining so tight lipped about the whole thing.

Still waiting for The Phantom Menace on Blu Ray in 3D. So far the only other Star wars movie that got a 3D release (besides this one)

You'll be waiting a long time for that, after the luke warm reception in the cinemas for the 3D re release of episode 1, Disney binned any plans of releasing the other films in 3D, I doubt very much Disney would release episode 1 in 3D on its own, and I don't think converting the other films to 3D are in their plans, I really don't think there is a market for them, if anything they should be putting their efforts into bluray versions of the original unaltered trilogy.

Attack of the Clones has been shown in 3D at Celebration Europe in 2013 and Revenge of the Sith was shown at Celebration this year in Anaheim. I imagine they will show A New Hope in 3D in London next May.
But I can't see them getting home releases.

• Informative
Reactions: BluSteel2012
I'm curious does he still get a % of profits of the new films considering he sold Lucasfilms to Disney

He still gets money. He will be getting it for the rest of his life.
I believe he's not that stupid to sign off the licensing and merchandising rights to Disney.
That would be insane in my opinion. That's where most of his money comes from.
And he was kind enough to sign a pledge to give half of his earnings to charity. Kudos, Mr. Lucas, kudos!

He still gets money. He will be getting it for the rest of his life.
I believe he's not that stupid to sign off the licensing and merchandising rights to Disney.
That would be insane in my opinion. That's where most of his money comes from.
And he was kind enough to sign a pledge to give half of his earnings to charity. Kudos, Mr. Lucas, kudos!
Lucas, got 40 million Disney shares from the deal with Disney purchasing Lucasfilm for $4.06 billion

Disney secured both Star Wars' film and merchandise rights
Except Distribution rights for Star Wars 1977 as Lucasfilms did not own the rights Fox own the rights to this film but Lucas did own merchandize rights to Star Wars 1977 and is what gave him the money to finance the later Star Wars films himself and also make other films with the Lucasfilms Company

The Disney Deal includes all Merchandize rights to Star Wars Films (Star Wars A New Hope/Empire Strikes Back/Return of the Jedi and the 3 prequel Films)

Fox retain the ownership and distribution rights to 1977 Film but not the Merchandize rights

As Lucas got as part of the deal 40 million Disney shares he makes money from all disney films

Star Wars Merchandize is expected to bring in $5 billion in sales over the coming 12 months, rising to as much as $20 billion in the next five years
Disney will make a lot of money from this estimated to be a cut between 10 and 15 percent of every merchandize item sold
From this Lusas get's his cut as he has 40 million shares in Disney

Last edited:
Attack of the Clones has been shown in 3D at Celebration Europe in 2013 and Revenge of the Sith was shown at Celebration this year in Anaheim. I imagine they will show A New Hope in 3D in London next May.
But I can't see them getting home releases.

So they are converting them then.

I bet we'll see a complete 3D Box set of all films in around 2020 when the new trilogy has ended.......

Lucas, got 40 million Disney shares from the deal with Disney purchasing Lucasfilm for $4.06 billion

Disney secured both Star Wars' film and merchandise rights
Except Distribution rights for Star Wars 1977 as Lucasfilms did not own the rights Fox own the rights to this film but Lucas did own merchandize rights to Star Wars 1977 and is what gave him the money to finance the later Star Wars films himself and also make other films with the Lucasfilms Company

The Disney Deal includes all Merchandize rights to Star Wars Films (Star Wars A New Hope/Empire Strikes Back/Return of the Jedi and the 3 prequel Films)

Fox retain the ownership and distribution rights to 1977 Film but not the Merchandize rights

As Lucas got as part of the deal 40 million Disney shares he makes money from all disney films

Star Wars Merchandize is expected to bring in $5 billion in sales over the coming 12 months, rising to as much as $20 billion in the next five years
Disney will make a lot of money from this estimated to be a cut between 10 and 15 percent of every merchandize item sold
From this Lusas get's his cut as he has 40 million shares in Disney

Didn't know that. That's a shame actually.
Bad move on Lucas' part. He sold out :)

Reactions: paulboland
So they are converting them then.

I bet we'll see a complete 3D Box set of all films in around 2020 when the new trilogy has ended.......

They have been, although I wouldn't be sure on them completing the saga. I was at Celebration in Germany and saw Ep2 and it seems they're just showing them at the Star Wars Celebration events. Clones was in 2013 and hasn't had a home release, so I'm guessing they're just event only attractions now after Episode I was the only one in theatres.

• Informative
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Seriously, on seeing that, if that's the final design, I'm already thinking of cancelling.

It's just so God damned lazy. There's just no excuse. Probably THE most marketed film of all time, and all they can come up with is blank 'space' for €35.

Not having it :(

If there's a 3D Amaray I'll think I'll go for that instead.

Steelbook collectors ripped off as usual.