Star Wars merchandise event here

11216153-1764371078453306.jpg 11216153-5174371078496032.jpg

How to get 10% off:
1) Add it to your basket by CLICK HERE
2) Click here to activate the offer
3) Go back to your basket and apply discount code ZAVWEL54 into your basket
4) Voià! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a lazy back, don't care what anyone says but at least it's not bare bare.
Looks like for now no steel is getting 3D.
And the milking of the force awakens begins

Wonder how many steels we will see for this in the next 8 years
•This one
•Then one with 3D next Christmas
•Then one with all 3 of the new ones together - like the Vader and yoda trilogy steels In about 6 years
•Asian WEA releases
• then re releases which will prob have same designs of the recent 6 with a villain or hero on the front and poster work on the back.

And then the same for the 3 anthology Star Wars films

The only saving of this is if they keep the temp front art and have a spine title

And one Zavvi exclusive with a lenti. :D

Going by the box office records this doesn't surprise me. But the first release is always my top pick... even the first GOTG steel.

And one Zavvi exclusive with a lenti. :D

Going by the box office records this doesn't surprise me. But the first release is always my top pick... even the first GOTG steel.

Oh yeah forgot about the zavvi lenti version lol

Yeah I'll still get this but if there is no 3D then I'll wait for it to drop in price

That is a lazy back, don't care what anyone says but at least it's not bare bare.
Looks like for now no steel is getting 3D.
And the milking of the force awakens begins

Wonder how many steels we will see for this in the next 8 years
•This one
•Then one with 3D next Christmas
•Then one with all 3 of the new ones together - like the Vader and yoda trilogy steels In about 6 years
•Asian WEA releases
• then re releases which will prob have same designs of the recent 6 with a villain or hero on the front and poster work on the back.

And then the same for the 3 anthology Star Wars films

The only saving of this is if they keep the temp front art and have a spine title

After seeing the movie in 3D if this turns out to not have it I'll be cancelling my pre-order at this price. I feel the force on my wallet.

Reactions: Flloydo
I've never seen a 3D film in the cinema before, although I feel it should be included particularly at this price. The amaray is also showing as a two disc set. So for now this looks like Disney will be prolonging the release. Just an observation really, but I loved the film and if it's anything like the Frozen Zavvi Exclusive which sticks with me to this very day. I won't be cancelling my order in case it sells out and becomes highly sought after.

For me this is the type of film that should be used to promote the forthcoming 4k blu-ray. A 4k blu-ray steelbook of this is what I'd use to promote the format and get it to take off. I should point out I haven't seen the film yet but it's exactly what you would use to promote the new 4k format

For me this is the type of film that should be used to promote the forthcoming 4k blu-ray. A 4k blu-ray steelbook of this is what I'd use to promote the format and get it to take off. I should point out I haven't seen the film yet but it's exactly what you would use to promote the new 4k format

As long as it doesn't go the way of avatar 3d/ Panasonic deal. Would Disney be a sellout?

The thing is though, if they do indeed release the 3d disk at a later time you can guarantee that the bonus disk will not be included. That will be exclusive to the first release.

The thing is though, if they do indeed release the 3d disk at a later time you can guarantee that the bonus disk will not be included. That will be exclusive to the first release.
The Amaray release includes the Bonus Disc so it's not exclusive to the steelbook

This release and other releases are months away so content details could change
You can expect one thing steelbooks releases in other countries will be the same steelbook artwork wise whatever that ends up been

At the moment the artwork is creative artwork so the final artwork will most likely be totally different but might be something near to the creative artwork but I expect it will be totally different

The lack of 3D is also subject to change
But I would not be surprised if there is no 3D release on Blu-Ray until a later time

The Cinema 3D release is 2D to 3D conversion
It was filmed in 2D not 3D

Disney love doing Blu-Ray re release of their films so I would also not be surprised to see this Film get a few re releases in next 2 years with 3D being one of them

Last edited:
The Amaray release includes the Bonus Disc so it's not exclusive to the steelbook

You can expect one thing steelbooks releases in other countries will be the same steelbook artwork wise

I meant that once the first releases have been sold the bonus disk won't be available. Both steelbook and amaray.

I meant that once the first releases have been sold the bonus disk won't be available. Both steelbook and amaray.
They also could have more extras than previous :rofl:

Disney will have many releases of this film and you can be sure a big re release when the next film is in the cinema

Reactions: lights
Although the Thursday box office takings are taken into account, I've just read that this has become the first movie to break $100m on its 'first day' of release.

Impressive stuff. Interesting to see what it's overall figures will be.......

Reactions: harry

You can expect one thing steelbooks releases in other countries will be the same steelbook artwork wise whatever that ends up been

At the moment the artwork is creative artwork so the final artwork will most likely be totally different but might be something near to the creative artwork but I expect it will be totally different

The lack of 3D is also subject to change
But I would not be surprised if there is no 3D release on Blu-Ray until a later time

The Cinema 3D release is 2D to 3D conversion
It was filmed in 2D not 3D

Disney love doing Blu-Ray re release of their films so I would also not be surprised to see this Film get a few re releases in next 2 years with 3D being one of them

True, one shot was filmed in 3D though and for anyone who watched this in Imax it was the 3D talking point of the entire movie that brought "wow" to the audience. It was a slow pan that really 'stood' out so to speak lol. That scene was amazing. Just wish there were more like it in the movie. Otherwise the 2D converstion was excellent, maintaining clarity and brought lots of depth.

Hahaha when was a non 3D new film steelbook £14.99 particularly something like Star Wars not a chance mate. It amazes me why so many people try to suck the joy out of stuff lol. If you don't want to order it then don't, no one is forced to order. I prefer to get UK steels so glad that Zavvi oblige and are releasing this amazing film.

Actually I bought Avatar and Life of Pi, both 3D both £14.99, but I see what your saying of the first steel release of a major film wont go down to that price, thanks for dashing my hopes!! Yea talking about sucking joy out of stuff, thats exactly what Zavvi has done with this release if they go with lazy artwork or don't release it in 3D just to capitalise on a future steel. Oh and believe me I do want to order, it's Zavvi that's making me question whether to or not. I'm glad you prefer UK steels and Zavvi, without you then they would not have a business and we wouldn't get as many releases as we do in the UK, plus more awesome international steels for me :naughty:

Actually I bought Avatar and Life of Pi, both 3D both £14.99, but I see what your saying of the first steel release of a major film wont go down to that price, thanks for dashing my hopes!! Yea talking about sucking joy out of stuff, thats exactly what Zavvi has done with this release if they go with lazy artwork or don't release it in 3D just to capitalise on a future steel. Oh and believe me I do want to order, it's Zavvi that's making me question whether to or not. I'm glad you prefer UK steels and Zavvi, without you then they would not have a business and we wouldn't get as many releases as we do in the UK, plus more awesome international steels for me :naughty:

I think it's more Disney's decision rather than Zavvi's if no 3d is included. Have you Noticed there is no 3d announced anywhere? Even on amaray.

well just looked on the other site
star wars the force awakens 3D
america has a listing for Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + Digital Copy
on 50gb blu ray and is 2 disc set wondering if this is going to be a case of the haves and have nots

also same for denmark,finland,holland,norway,sweden

unless there listings are wrong, speaking of 4k i would have loved a version of that but can't see disney doing that either this way they can just keep issuing a disc later on.

basil :thumbs: