How to get 10% off:
1) Add it to your basket by CLICK HERE
2) Click here to activate the offer
3) Go back to your basket and apply discount code ZAVWEL54 into your basket
4) Voià! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The estimated release date for the USA Blu-ray/DVD is down as April 5, 2016
That is just an estimated date not official release date
If that turns out to be correct then the UK would be an estimated release date as 4th April 2016
I doubt it will be but it's possible they used the usual turnaround 4 month timeframe from cinema to Blu-ray/DVD to work out the estimated release date

With this film though I'm not sure if the 4 month timeframe will apply but might do

Last edited:
^^ it's very likely that's the release date. The Hobbit films had December/Christmas cinema dates and were home releases in April, can't see why this won't be.

The estimated release date for the USA Blu-ray/DVD is down as April 5, 2016
That is just an estimated date not official release date
If that turns out to be correct then the UK would be an estimated release date as 4th April 2016
I doubt it will be but it's possible they used the usual turnaround 4 month timeframe from cinema to Blu-ray/DVD to work out the estimated release date

With this film though I'm not sure if the 4 month timeframe will apply but might do
Maybe it will be a "May the forth" release date ?! Could'nt resist that one.

Saw this in 3D yesterday and it certainly didn't add anything to it. I would rather it included the 3D disc so will keep an eye on who else releases a Steelbook

It's probably too early to tell regarding this release.

Was it originally listed as 3D and then changed? Even if it was, it'll be because Zavvi probably assumed it would include the 3D disc, but then covered themselves by removing it in the listing. While Disney are known for offering bonus discs to various retailers, I can't remember the last time the 3D version was an exclusive to a specific retailer, and surely with Zavvi's relationship with Disney, if anyone was going to get a 3D exclusive it would be them.

Every Disney steelbook in recent memory has included the 3D disc (where applicable), Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardian of the Galaxy, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, The Lion King, Big Hero 6, Inside Out and so on. Even their Marvel re-releases had them. I can't see any reason why The Force Awakens will be any different.

People seem to be getting themselves into a state over a release that's still (at least) 4 months away, talking of cancellations and wanting all the facts now. The information will be available in due course and there'll be plenty of time to decide which version to buy. Every country in the world (more or less) will be getting a steelbook for The Force Awakens and I imagine there'll be a few variations to choose from.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Thebigm76
I couldn't give a Jar Jar Binks about 3D, especially if it means the steelbook will be cheaper without it.

It's probably too early to tell regarding this release.

Was it originally listed as 3D and then changed? Even if it was, it'll be because Zavvi probably assumed it would include the 3D disc, but then covered themselves by removing it in the listing. While Disney are known for offering bonus discs to various retailers, I can't remember the last time the 3D version was an exclusive to a specific retailer, and surely with Zavvi's relationship with Disney, if anyone was going to get a 3D exclusive it would be them.

Every Disney steelbook in recent memory has included the 3D disc (where applicable), Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardian of the Galaxy, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, The Lion King, Big Hero 6, Inside Out and so on. Even their Marvel re-releases had them. I can't see any reason why The Force Awakens will be any different.

People seem to be getting themselves into a state over a release that's still (at least) 4 months away, talking of cancellations and wanting all the facts now. The information will be available in due course and there'll be plenty of time to decide which version to buy. Every country in the world (more or less) will be getting a steelbook for The Force Awakens and I imagine there'll be a few variations to choose from.
3D was never mentioned in this listing. Right from the start.

The only other feature I can remember Zavvi getting the 3D included over a lot of other places was Frozen (and maybe Maleficent)

There is a bonus disc included. If it is 3d they will say soon enough.
Either way if you don't get this you will need to get amaray version as I believe the bonus disc will be a limited run thing.

I couldn't give a Jar Jar Binks about 3D, especially if it means the steelbook will be cheaper without it.

It won't be cheaper though will it so they might aswel chuck the 3D disc in like they do with all new Disney releases on steel

It won't be cheaper though will it so they might aswel chuck the 3D disc in like they do with all new Disney releases on steel
Dunno... wouldn't surprise me if it would have been closer to the £30 mark if it did include 3D.