Steelbooks Customs/Delivery delay thread

king5six1

Premium Supporter
May 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
I haven't seen a thread for this but figured it might be an interesting topic. I have heard some horror stories about customs completely destroying steelbooks so if anyone has any horror stories or pictures lets share them.

Feel free to also post about customs delays in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen a thread for this but figured it might be an interesting topic. I have heard some horror stories about customs completely destroying steelbooks so if anyone has any horror stories or pictures lets share them.

I don't have any pictures, but UPS trashed a couple of my Avatar steelbooks when they took them out of the shrinkwrap from my amazon.co.uk order. They were after the invoice to assess a customs fee.

Bastards. :(

I've also had a couple shipments arrive from amazon.de before that obviously passed US customs since they had labels on them, etc, but arrived to the US Postal Service as empty boxes. :rolleyes:

México customs on 2 orders arrived from amz UK has cleared them out since DVD are free of tax, both envelopes arrives sealed from origin.

Right now a DHLGA packge is in trobule really dont know what to do, hope some one can help.

Shipping Information:
Transport service: DHLGA
Package Number: 10310XXXXXXXXXX3178503
Current Status: DALLAS TX
Customers contacted to deny delivery - August 31, 2010 12:17:00 AM

DHL USA does not recognize this package number as a valid tracking number, seems that regular post service was used, will this be a signature required?, final destintation is not Dalla, Tx, why contact customer from there?

México customs on 2 orders arrived from amz UK has cleared them out since DVD are free of tax, both envelopes arrives sealed from origin.

Right now a DHLGA packge is in trobule really dont know what to do, hope some one can help.

Shipping Information:
Current Status: DALLAS TX
Customers contacted to deny delivery - August 31, 2010 12:17:00 AM

DHL USA does not recognize this package number as a valid tracking number, seems that regular post service was used, will this be a signature required?, final destintation is not Dalla, Tx, why contact customer from there?

Hi Buffalo - DHLGA is a different entity than DHL Express - you won't be able to use your tracking number there. Somehow your package was handed off to the US Postal Service, which would normally be the case if you lived in the US.

Sounds like to me that they either misdelivered it or they have mixed it up somehow with the wrong address.

Hi Buffalo - DHLGA is a different entity than DHL Express - you won't be able to use your tracking number there. Somehow your package was handed off to the US Postal Service, which would normally be the case if you lived in the US.

Sounds like to me that they either misdelivered it or they have mixed it up somehow with the wrong address.

Yes I figured that when I track down my 2 orders that will arrive directly to me in México from Mx postal service.

Is there a way to contactl DHLGA or USPS to check what is going on?, destination address is in US (not were I live) there is no notification about contacting USPS or else to "liberate" package.

SPR curse still on me, this order contains 2 Book of Eli and 1 SPR, this will be the 3rd time I order it and (possibly) lost it.

Thanks for the help/tips

Buffalo-it's possible DHL routes your package this way because of their own partnerships with local delivery services (such as the US Postal Services) I've seen minor and major packages routed VERY strangely. Perhaps you can start by calling DHL to get contact info for DHLGA (which may be a bunch of local transportation brokers, or DHL Global, etc), and go from there. In some system, your tracking number must be recognized, because it had to have generated automatically in a system, somewhere. Good luck! DB

Well fortunately package is on the move heading to final destination, maybe will be delivered tomorrow, I think amz.de help from Germany, really a complete mess, all I have is info posted on amazon order page.

DHL and DHL Global mail does not have a clue how or where to look at.

Thanks again for the help.

Well fortunately package is on the move heading to final destination, maybe will be delivered tomorrow, I think amz.de help from Germany, really a complete mess, all I have is info posted on amazon order page.

DHL and DHL Global mail does not have a clue how or where to look at.

Thanks again for the help.

Buffalo - if you figure out where that DHLGA number can be tracked, please let us know - it seems amazon.de has switched over to that recently.

A few weeks ago, I was getting actual DHL.de tracking numbers, which can be tracked at the german DHL website and USPS. Now...I don't know...
:wtf:

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

It does seem that DHL global mail is a new system, so maybe that is part of the problem.

Global Mail’s (www.dhlglobalmail.com) unmatched delivery solutions for high-volume mailers and parcel shippers include free access to the Portal. This best-in-class tool offers Global Mail customers a wealth of data on their domestic and international mailing.

http://us.dhlglobalmail.com/press-release-details.aspx?PR=34d6782a-14d7-4b9c-b421-ba97c036ce91

Now, there are two services I've found. Track and Trace and Delivery Confirmation. I BET the number that you got, and the one I have is ONLY delivery confirmation - it does not have tracking.

Our Delivery Confirmation service allows you and your customers to track parcels and bound printed matter all the way to their final destination.....

Our Track & Trace service offers you and your customers door-to-door visibility for international parcel shipping. So whether you mail within the U.S. or halfway around the world, we offer the tracking you need to provide your customers with better service and enjoy the peace of mind of knowing their orders have arrived safely and on time.

http://us.dhlglobalmail.com/track-your-mail.aspx

If either of us had an actual track & trace number, it should be able to be used at the link below (click on the country it was mailed from).

http://worldtrack.dhlglobalmail.com/

So in conclusion, since amazon.de has appeared to switch the DHL Global Mail (as they are a volume shipper), they only use Delivery Confirm numbers for their shipments now (I'm sure it costs less).

What sucks is that when they shipped through dhl.de you would get a tracking number on the larger shipments and could track it through the entire USPS system. It appears that won't happen anymore for most of them. :(

This is all IMO. Take it or leave it. :cool:

Hola Andy,

Yes I found those web pages yesterday but none worked for me even I call customer service and the package number*[/b from amazon does not match the "real" 10 digit tracking number this people needs. I have sent a mail to amazon asking for the track bill number

*Package Number: 10310XXXXXXXXXX3178503

Thanks again for your help!!, I knew my post will be value for all of us.

Hola Andy,

Yes I found those web pages yesterday but none worked for me even I call customer service and the package number*[/b from amazon does not match the "real" 10 digit tracking number this people needs. I have sent a mail to amazon asking for the track bill number

*Package Number: 10310XXXXXXXXXX3178503

Thanks again for your help!!, I knew my post will be value for all of us.

No worries - my theory is that the number won't actually work until it's been delivered, as that's when they will scan it.

:dunno: - maybe it's amazon.de that is giving us the wrong number to begin with.

No worries - my theory is that the number won't actually work until it's been delivered, as that's when they will scan it.

:dunno: - maybe it's amazon.de that is giving us the wrong number to begin with.

The BIG question is how amazon give us updates of package being on the move
icon_confused.gif
icon_confused.gif

Delivered yesterday, strange thing is that I call at midday and person who receives packages did not inform of this arrival.

Shipping Information:
Current Status: XXX, TX
Delivered. - September 1, 2010 10:47:00 AM

Complete overview of your deliveries
1st September 2010 10:47 XXXX TX Delivered.
1st September 2010 07:49 XXXX TX delivery is received at the depot.
31st August 2010 12:17 DALLAS TX contacted customers to deny delivery
30th GRAND PRAIRIE TX 05:13 August 2010 delivery has left the depot.
29th GRAND PRAIRIE TX 18:25 August 2010 delivery is received at the depot.
27th August 2010 20:01 HEBRON KY delivery is received at the depot.
26th August 2010 15:24 Croydon KY delivery has left the depot.
26th August 2010 15:02 Croydon KY transportation service delivery
24th August 2010 19:02 KY delivery has left the transit center and is on its way.

Buffalo, it's possible that the distributor that is fulfilling the order for Amazon is adding an internal number that is added to the tracking number, to identify your package within its system. I've had numbers that had letters added to the front or back, but they didn't appear in the info originally given to me,so I couldn't find it at the carrier's site. Some methods also do not show you each scan, everytime an item arrives. Some methods within the US for instance, don't, and you'll only see a status for when it was accepted, and when it was delivered. Causes headaches and worries along the way, but it's the way the logistics are set up,internally. I hope your package arrives safe and sound:) I am not sure why your package says it was "delivered" in TX, when you don't live there. Can you verify that the address was correct on the package? Maybe it was a glitch when the label was printed, or it was miscanned somewhere along the way,and re-directed by accident.

Last edited:
So, the most interesting part of this whole thing is that his tracking started in Kentucky.

Does Amazon.de have US distribution now? A warehouse stocked full of amazon.de goodies? EEK!

So, the most interesting part of this whole thing is that his tracking started in Kentucky.

Does Amazon.de have US distribution now? A warehouse stocked full of amazon.de goodies? EEK!

I have the package of the Pychos UK

here info at amz.co.uk
Tracking Information:
Ship Carrier DHLGA
Tracking ID: 1011000000057203178503
Latest Event: XXXXXX, TX
Delivered - Aug 16, 2010 11:21:00 AM

Package lebels:
One of 2 label reads:

Return To:
Mercuty Airfreight International L(USPS DC labes is blocking)
365 Blair Road
Avenel, NJ 07001-2231
USA

Deliver To
XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX
USA

bar code
1234 1234567890 123 12345(is the zip code)

barcode
DXptXXrXR/3/std-uk-us-can/307

USPS DC tag reads

top GMTrakcing #
123456789-1234-1234

in the stamp area Parcel Select
US Postage PAID
Global Mail

Middel/Center of tag
Forwarding Service Requested
ZIP- ISPS Delivery Confirmation
bar code
123 12345 1234 1234 1234 1234 1234 12

hope this helps

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

will go off topic

digitalbabe,

Regarding your question on why package arrived to USA it is because I have a amazon prime account in USA and I use that US address to send all online purchases there.

Want to take advantage of this spot in order to explain my situation about sales or trades I made on packages sent to me.

I live about 2 hours from US/MX border and I use to travel because of my job very frequently to border, México postal office is not reliable on this matter and customs take too long to clear a tax free package, so I prefer to send most or more valuable purchases to USA. There in McAllen, TX I share a "PO Box" service that recollects all goods, FedEX, USPS, UPS delivers there without any problems, I have successfully received packages form all over the world as Germany, Sweden, UK, Italy,and China.

To all members most of the time I ask you to send to this USA address instead to ship directly to México looking to save money on international shipping and be able (if required) get info of tracking service.

When I send packages is little more complicated but trusted and reliable and don't want extend this post, many of you know how I do it.