Steelbooks Customs/Delivery delay thread

king5six1

Premium Supporter
May 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
I haven't seen a thread for this but figured it might be an interesting topic. I have heard some horror stories about customs completely destroying steelbooks so if anyone has any horror stories or pictures lets share them.

Feel free to also post about customs delays in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i would mate i have had 4-5 steelies come from them via dhl on the same day altogether and packaged seperately and most important all customs free.

I have had about 75 steels come from overseas, The only ones that customs every butcher are ones from Europe !! , never had 1 opened from the USA or Canada,

and I have never been stung for Duty" yet . (touch wood )
TC

Somehow I had 5 copies of the fighter, inglorious basterds, blade, memento all delivered in one parcel, customs never charged me a penny.

Mitch, hazard a guess they all come from Axel ?? Never been hit by customs for orders from them. Weird.

Replacement for dented IB came today and no charge, Amaz.ca got off there I think.

Does anyone have an idea how long it normally takes for an item to be shipped to the uk from Canada via Canada post. I'm waiting on two packages sent last Monday and Tuesday and still no sign. Thanks

Does anyone have an idea how long it normally takes for an item to be shipped to the uk from Canada via Canada post. I'm waiting on two packages sent last Monday and Tuesday and still no sign. Thanks

Canada Post have a rolling strike on atm I believe so there are going to be delays for a while, mitch.

Canada Post have a rolling strike on atm I believe so there are going to be delays for a while, mitch.

Yep - it all started on 6/3. Get ready for delays - it's going to be a bit, even for express mail.

http://www.cjob.com/News/Local/Story.aspx?ID=1427787

Then, additionally, because the strikes are rolling, if packages get all sent at once, instead of their normal flow to another country, I would even think that impact customs services in the US, UK, etc.

Yeah I know about the strikes but I sent two packages to Canada late last week and they got there on Wednesday 4 days and how dare they go on strike I want my steels.

I received two items today which I bought from eBay they were squeezed into a jiffy bag with no further protection both items were damaged.

Yeah I said can you make sure item is well wrapped etc... Don't know what to do about them as they cost £70

Hey Mitch - open as case with e-bay if the seller is non responsive about a return. Some sellers are willing to make it right. If they don't e-bay will take care of it for you.

If you need further tips, send me a PM.

I ordered 3 Monters on May 31 as today no delivery has been made.

Track info has no change since June 4
Current Status: GRIMBERGEN
Delivery has been received at the depot. - 4 June 2011 3:00:00

Got a mail with this:
June 24

Dear Customer,

regarding your shippment we received the following message from our carrier:

"This item was delayed due to being held by the US customs. It has now been processed and tendered to USPS for final delivery. Please allow up to 2-3 working days for final delivery."

As we got this message today you should receive the items ordered in course of the coming week.

Should you still not receive your goods by friday please contact us again.