Steelbooks Customs/Delivery delay thread

king5six1

Premium Supporter
May 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
I haven't seen a thread for this but figured it might be an interesting topic. I have heard some horror stories about customs completely destroying steelbooks so if anyone has any horror stories or pictures lets share them.

Feel free to also post about customs delays in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just recently placed a order with amazon japan for knight and day paid £23.00 for delivery now DHL have just phoned me up asking for anther £11.12 customs fee demanded me credit card details over the phone or i wont get the steelbook.:(

I just recently placed a order with amazon japan for knight and day paid £23.00 for delivery now DHL have just phoned me up asking for anther £11.12 customs fee demanded me credit card details over the phone or i wont get the steelbook.:(

thats strange as dhl normally deliver to me before asking for any customs fees. Dont sound like theres much you can do but pay buddy.:(

thats strange as dhl normally deliver to me before asking for any customs fees. Dont sound like theres much you can do but pay buddy.:(

I said i dont mind paying at the door but not over the phone they said no so i said send it back i dont think the other person on the other line really understood english that well.

I said i dont mind paying at the door but not over the phone they said no so i said send it back i dont think the other person on the other line really understood english that well.

they used to ask me for credit card details over the phone after they delivered the item and thats why i find it weird how there asking before they deliver but i guess each time might be different, im the same as you tho i dont like ever giving those details over the phone.

I have now used the mexican post office to get my purchases or trades, I had a complete non trust on them and I'm pleased to find out they have changed completely also all the sales/trade sent to many of you are on hand today or very soon, that includes the mexican custom office no questions or problems at all up to date with a very helpfull $300 USD free of tax franchise.

they used to ask me for credit card details over the phone after they delivered the item and thats why i find it weird how there asking before they deliver but i guess each time might be different, im the same as you tho i dont like ever giving those details over the phone.

DHL has changed policy recently. They have a 3rd party company phone you up to advice fee, then you could pay at door. Now it's all handled by DHL, think you can also pay online. However I would agree that their command of the English language is not too clever. Suggests call centre might be located halfway between Japan and UK if you get my drift.

DHL has changed policy recently. They have a 3rd party company phone you up to advice fee, then you could pay at door. Now it's all handled by DHL, think you can also pay online. However I would agree that their command of the English language is not too clever. Suggests call centre might be located halfway between Japan and UK if you get my drift.

If its located where most companies have resources their contact operations in recent years to save money, then all I can say is good luck.

If its located where most companies have resources their contact operations in recent years to save money, then all I can say is good luck.

Have to choose words very careful here but don't forget most if not all DHL stuff comes in via Heathrow which is only 15 minutes away to me. So my CSS folk may just be locals.

I got charged $14.86 from Canadian customs for steelbooks I just got from Italy and 2x of them were dented on top of that. I hope I don't get dinged again for my replacements :D

they have phoned me again and say i can now pay on delivery such hard work just to get a steelbook delivered is it getting worth it

That is exactly the same as I had initially and it just makes you so suspicious. If you are interested HMRC calculate VAT @ 20% on the price of the SB AND the shipping (as if that wasn't enough already) which is what usually takes it over limit if single item from Amazon.co.jp. DHL only charge £1.25 which is very reasonable as if RM they charge additional £8. That £1.25 will be included in the price you are quoted and normally they will send you an invoice anything from a week to 4 weeks later. Strangely Knight & Day and The A Team shipped together and only cost £14.99 (Duty), I think cos 1/3 of shipping charge was apportioned to Unstoppable which was a pre-order then.

If it coming thru DHL from Amazon then it will be same day probably. The amount is plastered all over the outside including shipping charges and they will assess it as it passes thru with an amount. DHL will add their £1.25 (which is very cheap) and then phone you telling you how much and how to pay. I had call Friday, paid online over w/e and had 3 packages delivered today (Tuesday) as advised by DHL. Dunno if I would have got hit by Customs if I had 6 singles but shipping would have been quite a bit higher.

I'm waiting on 4 packages all from Canada but only one has a high value and I believe there all coming via royal mail/ Canada post.....arghhh!

If it coming thru DHL from Amazon then it will be same day probably. The amount is plastered all over the outside including shipping charges and they will assess it as it passes thru with an amount. DHL will add their £1.25 (which is very cheap) and then phone you telling you how much and how to pay. I had call Friday, paid online over w/e and had 3 packages delivered today (Tuesday) as advised by DHL. Dunno if I would have got hit by Customs if I had 6 singles but shipping would have been quite a bit higher.

I always order from amazon.ca in seperate packages never been hit yet touch wood ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: surfury