Suspiria (4K+2D Blu-ray FuturePak) (Crowdfunded) (CultFilms) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: Indiegogo (Crowdfunding will start at 12.30 PM on October 30 2017)
Price: £29.00 (Early Bird first 85 backers price is £24.00)
Notes: Crowdfunded limited edition UHD and Blu-ray dual-format Embossed Numbered FuturePak gloss finish limited to 950 copies

zqcwzi3sth7oxurxgg9o.png

Actual pics courtesy @Hereticz

Last edited by a moderator:
The Sneak Peek photo
I just noticed is showing a FuturePak you can see the hinges

I have posted a question to Cult Films if the sneak photo is a mock up error showing a FuturePak
I have explained to them a FuturePak is not a steelbook and I asked are we getting a Steelbook or a FuturePak

The Sneak Peek photo
I just noticed is showing a FuturePak you can see the hinges

I have posted a question to Cult Films if the sneak photo is an error or correct
I have explained to them a FuturePak is not a steelbook and I asked are we getting a steelbook or a FuturePak
I noticed that immediately too after looking at the spine, quite confusing. I know that to some not-so-serious collectors it might not really matter, but when a steelbook is promised, a steelbook should also be provided. Hopefully it's just a mock-up thing.

If this is going to be a FuturePak ( awaiting confirmation) it can still end up looking great

I have a good few FuturePack in my collection some are amazing looking especially the full gloss finish ones
You can to lot deeper embossing/debossing with futurepack than you get with steelbooks and no border is needed

Examples of cool looking FuturePak
Godzilla it's amazing looking
Child's Play

If it's a FuturePak then it's false advertising to secure monetary funding

Yes, THAT! I sold my German Future-Pack in anticipation of getting this and didn't buy the Synapse one, because I participated in a crowdfunded S T E E L BO O K release. If people want a(nother) Future-Pack for this movie, knock yourselves out, but I bought what was advertised and that was a steelbook.

Should be a steelbook, if it isn't then "Oh oh!". £37,000 worth of crowdfunding based on promise of a steelbook release...........

I just got confirmation from Cult Films
It is a FuturePak

This was their reply
Yes, you are absolutely right, well spotted. We were in fact initially referring to a generic metal disc case and not a specific brand. However we also found that we preferred the way the Futurepak metal case opened flat more seamlessly.

Can a mod move this to FuturePak forum section

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Paperinukke
Wow....

Doesn't bother me too much but can't blame others at all if it does them.

Kind of ridiculous not to be clear from the start.

CultFilms were very clear from the start, Steelbook mentioned several times

I obviously mean clear from the start that it's in fact a futurepak.

Clear that when they say steelbook, they randomly define that to mean any case made of metal.

I just got confirmation from Cult Films
It is a FuturePak

This was their reply
Yes, you are absolutely right, well spotted. We were in fact initially referring to a generic metal disc case and not a specific brand. However we also found that we preferred the way the Futurepak metal case opened flat more seamlessly.

Can a mod move this to FuturePak forum section
I like that........."well spotted." Really? It's their porogative to update US, surely?! They haven't even updated this fact on their Indiegogo page - poor, very very poor.
Shouldn't they have given us the opportunity to decide what we would have preferred, seeing as we're backing this? Or is this a money saving tactic?
It should still look superb, admittedly, but they should be updating us and informing us of changes to the original spec - we are backing this, after all.
Paul, do you know if this is coming with a slipcase? I was under the impression it was, but i could be wrong........particularly in light of this.