USA
Release date: 6th July, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £17.99
Note: No title on spine, no Inside art, Region B

11131287-1024300315568487.jpg

11131287-1664300315554636.jpg 11131287-5644300315562685.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to mention, there's an "Extended Special Edition Access Code", but there's no information about how to use it

It's probably the same as in the Skynet edition. In the menu when you wanted to play the ESE edition, you had to input the code (everytime...)

Reactions: pyszny
I forgot to mention, there's an "Extended Special Edition Access Code", but there's no information about how to use it

The access code is: 82997 which gives you the Extended Special Edition

Theatrical Cut 136 min. 04 sec
Special Edition 153 min. 02 sec
Extended Special Edition 155 min. 43 sec

Extended Special Edition has 2 additional scenes, one when the T1000 goes to Johns house and another at the very end.

It's a great pity about the spine and the lack of inside artwork and even the 'sweetener' poster that the Germans received in theirs is missing here.

I like the front image a lot and I'd say it's very effective the way that it has been done.

However, I'm unable to give this steelbook shelf space and have started the returns process.

I don't see this image as 'cartooney' as some do though the two flexible hose connectors (as seen on many household appliances) do in particular look like they have been drawn on.
However the skull itself looks absolutely great IMO.

Reactions: Donvito51
I ordered this in the vain hope that it would differ from the German edition. Fortunately, I ordered with the 15% declining discount so my order has yet to enter the shipping process, enabling me to cancel it and thereby avoid the hassle of returning it and having to deal with Zavvi's Customer Service.

Very poor showing on the part of Studio Canal, both here and in Germany. I'll be sticking with my Kimchi edition, plus I have the Canadian Mondo Variant on order, care of biscuitnoir's GB. That version also offers the new MPEG-4 AVC encode, unlike the rehashed VC-1 Skynet disc provided by Studio Canal.

Next year marks T2's 25th anniversary. Hopefully, we'll see the occasion marked by a theatrical re-release, followed by a proper Steelbook edition containing the new 4k restoration, long rumoured to already exist. With luck, we might even see the 3D conversion that James Cameron spoke about doing awhile back.

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
I ordered this in the vain hope that it would differ from the German edition. Fortunately, I ordered with the 15% declining discount so my order has yet to enter the shipping process, enabling me to cancel it and thereby avoid the hassle of returning it and having to deal with Zavvi's Customer Service.

Very poor showing on the part of Studio Canal, both here and in Germany. I'll be sticking with my Kimchi edition, plus I have the Canadian Mondo Variant on order, care of biscuitnoir's GB. That version also offers the new MPEG-4 AVC encode, unlike the rehashed VC-1 Skynet disc provided by Studio Canal.

Next year marks T2's 25th anniversary. Hopefully, we'll see the occasion marked by a theatrical re-release, followed by a proper Steelbook edition containing the new 4k restoration, long rumoured to already exist. With luck, we might even see the 3D conversion that James Cameron spoke about doing awhile back.
I also the same I had this on order and used a 15% discount code

I just cancelled my order and got my reply back order cancelled
I'm glad my order was not despatched like some others and did not have payment taken as that meant I was able to cancel my order

I have the Mondo X versions on order they will do me for this film

I also the same I had this on order and used a 15% discount code

I just cancelled my order and got my reply back order cancelled
I'm glad my order was not despatched like some others and did not have payment taken as that meant I was able to cancel my order

I have the Mondo X versions on order they will do me for this film
Okay Paul, don't rub it in!! Lol[emoji12]

Reactions: paulboland
I simply cannot believe the spine is blank.

It was always likely that it would be the same as the German release that also had a blank spine, so I don't have that much sympathy for folks that ordered it anyway with naive hope that the spine issue would somehow be resolved - especially as you're relying on zavvi to get off their arse and ensure some level of quality control :rofl:

If you weren't aware of the German release in recent weeks then you have my genuine sympathy for paying good money for this.

Reactions: lolwut
does inside art and writing on the spine cost money? I don't understand how u could possibly leave em out lol :confused:

It's 100% deliberate in order to save money. Spine and inside art printing adds steps to the manufacturing process - which takes more time which equals more cost.

So yes it's just a cynical exercise to cash in on the current popularity of steelbooks and squeeze every last bit of profit out of sales. I hope several thousand of these are still gathering dust in a warehouse in years to come as this simply doesn't deserve any sales.

Reactions: SaberTooth
The manufacturer or however is responsible for these, needs a kick up the arse. Just a rush job, trying to get them released so its co-insides with the release of the new movie

Reactions: lolwut