USA
Release date: 6th July, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £17.99
Note: No title on spine, no Inside art, Region B

11131287-1024300315568487.jpg

11131287-1664300315554636.jpg 11131287-5644300315562685.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After some deliberation I've decided to keep it. I still can't believe there is nothing on the spine... someone must be held accountable!!

If/when a decent T2 steelbook surfaces in the future it'll be thrown to the wolves

After some deliberation I've decided to keep it. I still can't believe there is nothing on the spine... someone must be held accountable!!

If/when a decent T2 steelbook surfaces in the future it'll be thrown to the wolves

Of course it would be better if nearly everyone returned their 'T2' steelbooks as this would be the best/only way to show Studio Canal/Zavvi that this 'no spine title' is NOT ACCEPTABLE and that this practice will not be tolerated by the consumer.

Of course it would be better if nearly everyone returned their 'T2' steelbooks as this would be the best/only way to show Studio Canal/Zavvi that this 'no spine title' is NOT ACCEPTABLE and that this practice will not be tolerated by the consumer.

Definitely. The small amount of effort in returning it now could be significant in stopping this from happening again.

video of the steelbook unboxing, this is just awful, nothing on the spine and no inside art either, really tempted to just cancel now so disappointed!!!

Reactions: Driver
He's got you there Paul :rofl:

Why has he got him there?
Is a person not allowed to change his mind now?
If this person ordered the steel originally then decided, and fortunately had the time to cancel due to belated dispatch, that he didn't want it after all/after seeing live in-hand pics confirming the spine situation - what's wrong with that?
I would have cancelled mine after seeing live pics but mine arrived on the same day that live pics were posted.
This person mentioned that he ordered the Mondos instead which, If someone put a gun to my head and said I had to buy a 'T2' steelbook, would be the steelbooks that I'd choose out of all the others currently available at the time of writing.
I, however, am waiting for a 25th Anniversary of the film in a quality steelbook next year. . .

Why has he got him there?
Is a person not allowed to change his mind now?
If this person ordered the steel originally then decided, and fortunately had the time to cancel due to belated dispatch, that he didn't want it after all/after seeing live in-hand pics confirming the spine situation - what's wrong with that?
I would have cancelled mine after seeing live pics but mine arrived on the same day that live pics were posted.
This person mentioned that he ordered the Mondos instead which, If someone put a gun to my head and said I had to buy a 'T2' steelbook, would be the steelbooks that I'd choose out of all the others currently available at the time of writing.
I, however, am waiting for a 25th Anniversary of the film in a quality steelbook next year. . .

Ummmm...ok......you might not be aware of this concept, so here's some info that might be useful to you :rolleyes::

joke
noun
noun: joke; plural noun: jokes
a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.
"she was in a mood to tell jokes"
synonyms: funny story, jest, witticism, quip, pleasantry

HA HA
:giggle::LOL::rofl:

The real reason I cancelled is simply I don't have enough funds available at the moment and have direct debits that have priority over a steelbook
I cancelled this release and 5 other different steelbook orders that were due to have payment charged on my account with releases dates 13th/20th the other day due to my overspending past 2 weeks and a overdue gas bill of €214 I had to pay or face disconnection
I don't get my wages until the 16th July and as we know Zavvi take payment a week before a release date most of the time

The fact they had not already taken payment and that I have already paid for the Mondo X steelbooks
It was simply due to my bank account funds with already overspending
I had no choice but to cancel but was not expecting to be able as I expected payment be taken before the 6th
It was after the 6th I realised I don't have enough funds available until the 16th when I added up direct debit bills due today and on Monday
If I had of had enough funds I would have kept my order
I will still get this but I'm not in a rush and even though its a disappointing steelbook due to no spine title or inside artwork
Hopefully it will have a big price drop so I can still add it to my collection
As a Terminator fan I collect lots of releases of this film
I already have a T2 Steelbook
I also have Blu-ray Box Set of 4 films and when I get the Mondo steelbooks I will have 4 releases of T2 on Blu-ray

If I had not overspent last week and not had that horrible gas bill I had to pay I would have not cancelled this or the other steelbook orders

Tends to help if they're actually funny, then people might think that's what it's meant as. :D
Just came across as b*tching to me.

:D:D:D see.... I didn't take offense at a harmless bit of banter.

Jesus all I said was "He's got you there Paul" - and if it wasn't clear it was a joke there was also a smiley - what's the fricking problem :rolleyes:. Come on people lighten up for crying out loud :rolleyes:

See what trouble you've got me into @BluSteel2012 :angry::D

If you have the space I think it would look quite ok on one of those acrylic steelbook stands designed to show off the main front image as part of a shrine to the 'Terminator' films if that's your thing.
On the other hand you could 'lose' it on your steelbooks shelving although upon closer inspection it would be instantly recognisable as when all's said and done how many steelbooks do you have with nothing at all on the spine . . ?

Well I suppose I'm getting over my disappointment now. The stand is a good idea, I may look out for one. I was thinking about a building a wall frame anyway, which could hold, maybe nine front facing steels.
I will certainly hang on to it because I've just gotta have 'em all! It's costing me a fortune at the moment, with all these new releases.

Do you know of many steels with a blank spine? I hope as you say, that I can like it for this reason. I don't have it in hand yet, so we will see.

Not funny if it was meant to be a joke and maybe you ought to practice on your friends first, you and @BluSteel2012 both, before posting.
Your remark came across to me as snide and nasty and on top of that there are the 'nice' people that thanked you.
The contributor at whom the barb was aimed is one of the most helpful and informative on this forum as opposed to the other camp containing members that are always bitching about the price of this or that steelbook or how poor the artwork is.
It's not hard to see which camp you and @BluSteel2012, and those that thanked you both, belong to

I have about half-a-dozen without the title on the spine but I don't have ANY COMPLETELY BLANK.
Those that do not have the title do have other forms of recognition or have a continuation of the artwork from the front to the back across the spine.
I'll get back to you after I've checked which ones these are.

EDIT 7pm
(1) AVENGERS ASSEMBLE (2012)
(2) MAN WITH THE IRON FISTS (2012)
(3) MONSTERS UNIVERSITY (2013)
(4) THE LONE RANGER (2013)

plus the two I didn't buy:-

(5) SHAUN THE SHEEP (2015)
(6) HUNGER GAMES: MOCKING JAY - PART 1 (2014)

Last edited: