Terminator 2: Judgment day Premium Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) 1.0-Embossed [Japan]

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Release date: December 5th, 2008
Purchase link: Amazon.jp

51SRWQv8LVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

20a2a1909fa01615dce1f110.L._AA300_.jpg

6110a1909fa0f93b2cb5f110.L._AA300_.jpg

ce7da1909fa02615dce1f110.L._AA300_.jpg
69cea1909fa01615dce1f110.L._AA300_.jpg

Scan:
T2JP.jpg

Actual pics: (Thanks to Elena)
T2.jpg

T2a.jpg

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 401
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 364
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 326
  • 04a.jpg
    04a.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 357
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 940
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 341
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 345
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 304
whats your problem ?

All the BS in this spoiler is my problem. For as long as the world has existed, people have copied each other. Whether it be a more aerodynamic and more damaging spear, back in the cave man days....or the design of a SB in 2013.

Here you are, complaining about Kimchi's T2 SB packing the same SB and slipcover artwork to a JP and UK release...yet, you don't seem to care about the fact that the "artwork" for both JP release, and the UK release has been used about a thousand times before, with only (as you put it) "slight modifications". Why? Well, let's see. Clearly they're designs that work for the theme of the film, and the majority of people like them.

I just don't see why you have to come into this thread and start bashing the Kimchi release for being "similar" to whatever was previously released.

Just in case you didn't get it; the source of the problem is you, yourself. Me, too, as well as Snooloui...and EVERYONE else who collects this kind of thing, and keeps buying releases with the same, or similar designs.

kimchis slipcover is rly quite similar to the 2.0 slipcover.. seems like really just re-releasing grails with slight modifications

it was clearly inspired by

2.0 slipcover &
uk steelbook

they just picked the best of all releases

sorry for breaking your illusions.. you're right, its truly an original! like le grand bleu ! TOTALLY unique :thumbs:

yeah, it looks great

perhaps we'll see a hmv drive with the futureshop slipcover next.. would be insane

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: chanfm
Can we keep it friendly please folks. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion so please be respectful of each other. We don't want to have to start deleting posts.

Last edited:
All the BS in this spoiler is my problem. For as long as the world has existed, people have copied each other. Whether it be a more aerodynamic and more damaging spear, back in the cave man days....or the design of a SB in 2013.

Here you are, complaining about Kimchi's T2 SB packing the same SB and slipcover artwork to a JP and UK release...yet, you don't seem to care about the fact that the "artwork" for both JP release, and the UK release has been used about a thousand times before, with only (as you put it) "slight modifications". Why? Well, let's see. Clearly they're designs that work for the theme of the film, and the majority of people like them.

I just don't see why you have to come into this thread and start bashing the Kimchi release for being "similar" to whatever was previously released.

Just in case you didn't get it; the source of the problem is you, yourself. Me, too, as well as Snooloui...and EVERYONE else who collects this kind of thing, and keeps buying releases with the same, or similar designs.

i noticed that its similar to the uk & jp ones.. i even admitted that it looks good.. they could have used a totally different approach tho as often demanded by collectors.. no need to go mental, really

Last edited:
KimchiDVD could never reissue T2 V/2.0. The audio and video transfer is superior to any other release. A regular amaray version of T2 V/2.0, which doesn't include a slip and is used, fetches over $100 USD. So, it is more than just a slip.

Reactions: chanfm
it's certainly not "BS".. they clearly copied the design of the japanese slipcover, like it or not

Last edited:
KimchiDVD could never reissue T2 V/2.0. The audio and video transfer is superior to any other release. A regular amaray version of T2 V/2.0, which doesn't include a slip and is used, fetches over $100 USD. So, it is more than just a slip.

Damn, I think might have to open mine to check out the visuals and audios!

Wait, I just borrow it off Drum :naughty:

Well here's a picture I just took with both Kimchi and JP's exclusive.

Speaking impartially, I have to agree with hatredhorror the slip does look similar. Both embossed, character size is similar, the 'T2' logo on the front with full slip. Colour is different.

However, if this is a re-release of a 'grail' not quite there yet as the artwork is not the same as 2.0, it's pretty much the same as the European release.

My personal verdict?

Good for members that don't own T2, or new to collecting, and don't want to pay a premium for the Japan one. And also an added alternative to another T2 design for terminator fans.

You can decide. But to be honest, grail or not, I don't really care :hilarious:

DSC07905.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
On the subject of 'copying', you need to look at some chinese copies of well known western brands, like sneakers (New Balance had a lot of trouble), $10 knock offs of Rolex watches, Louis Vuitton bags and the like. KimchiDVD is more a 'reimagining', and that didn't hurt Battlestar Galactica.

Stick Japanese writing on anything and we'll buy it. I personally find the Terminator 2 1.0 and 2.0 Japanese editions to be very uninspired (plain, boring).

Don't bash Kimchi. They didn't design the steelbook and slip. They added value to it. The 'regular' release also has an embossed slip.

How close do people sit to their TV? I am completely confident I wouldn't see a difference between the Korean, Japanese and US Skynet editions of terminator 2. I have a 55" TV and my eyes are around 13 feet away from the screen. How much effect does a blu ray player have on image quality? Do people load up multiple blu ray players with different discs, stand 12" from the TV and compare?

Reactions: SBC28
Also, you have to remember that studios will only let you use approved artwork. For a release as old as T2 the studio isn't going to bother getting a designer to re-design the artwork on a film that has been out for 20 years just because collectors want them too. They have released lots of versions of T2 already.

Kimchidvd have done excellently to balance the demands of collectors (remember they fed back about the tech boxes on the back of the steel) and the restrictions that studios will have undoubtedly placed on them.

See...i was going to mention that, as well. People just don't realize what goes in to something like this.

Also, you have to remember that studios will only let you use approved artwork. For a release as old as T2 the studio isn't going to bother getting a designer to re-design the artwork on a film that has been out for 20 years just because collectors want them too. They have released lots of versions of T2 already.

Kimchidvd have done excellently to balance the demands of collectors (remember they fed back about the tech boxes on the back of the steel) and the restrictions that studios will have undoubtedly placed on them.

Reactions: jitstark
Hi guys,

just ordered V 1.0 through ebay still sealed. I already have Skynet´s german steelbook but the transfer has noticeable DNR and i´m hoping this one be better as for the steelbook itself i dont like it so much. i just wished studios would pay the original artwork more respect. i am thinking about buying the T2 Best buy exclusive also as i think that is the best cover of them all but unfortunately it only holds 1 disc.

Hi guys,

just ordered V 1.0 through ebay still sealed. I already have Skynet´s german steelbook but the transfer has noticeable DNR and i´m hoping this one be better as for the steelbook itself i dont like it so much. i just wished studios would pay the original artwork more respect. i am thinking about buying the T2 Best buy exclusive also as i think that is the best cover of them all but unfortunately it only holds 1 disc.

You should have just gotten the kimchidvd version. IMO that is the BEST release! :thumbs:

I also own both Kimichi and Japanese v1.
Japanese version has better PQ but as I dont have v2 im missing out on audio and extra version of the movie. Kimichi includes the special edition so thats why I bought it.

as I dont have v2 im missing out on audio and extra version of the movie. Kimichi includes the special edition so thats why I bought it.
Yeah the extra 2 scenes which don't make any sense but as a completist i understand that you would´ve wanted it. As for the audio i don't think you can hear the difference ( both lossless ) but the japanese one has more special features.